PDA

View Full Version : What time is everyone getting to the Press Conference?

Trishy
10-05-2001, 01:08 PM
If I can, I'm going to try and get to the Press Conference before I go to work (or might ditch work totally, not sure yet..) :)

What time are some of you guys gonna start lining up?

Thanks,
Trishy

angelamccann
10-05-2001, 05:53 PM
About two and a half days late, unfortunately... but Ros and I are consoling ourselves with the thought of seeing both Steve Wariner and George Jones at the Opry 76th :)

Go *early*, Trishy - and have a wonderful time!

Angela x

Trishy
10-05-2001, 07:08 PM
Do you know who else is playing for the 76th? My folks will be in town and we were thinking about going. I'd love for them to meet you cuties... Let me know...

Hmmmm... George Jone and Steve Wairner...two of Garth's favorite duet parters.... Maybe, just maybe...do you think he might pop in?

About the press conference, hopefully I can make it there...

Doesn't anyone who's going want to post a reply to my question???? :(

angelamccann
10-05-2001, 07:47 PM
Who's playing the Opry - umm, last time I looked we had Steve (yay STEVE!), George Jones (just the first Saturday show for the televised portion), Ricky Skaggs, Vince Gill, Travis Tritt, Pam Tillis, and a few other names I can't remember at this time of night (it's after midnight here!). We're assuming Garth won't be there, but of course we haven't heard anything yet...

Would love to meet your folks too, Trishy - though after you've shown them what we got up to at N2K they might not want to meet me :eek:

My guess is the people who are going are already queued up waiting - which would explain why they're not at their computers right now. :)

Angela x

Jen19
10-05-2001, 08:39 PM
I'm planning around 6am or maybe 5:30... but very early. Hope to see ya there Trish.. and everyone else..I'm getting SOOSOSO EXCITED ...

JEN

ProducerJ
10-05-2001, 09:27 PM
LOL Angela! When I left work this afternoon there was no line... yet! I do think some people are in town already this weekend.... Monica has landed here safe and sound! Imagine others have too.

5:30 Jen? Crew call isn't even until 6!
J.

wizard2C
10-06-2001, 12:43 AM
Hi!

Tell us all about it. Wish I could go.....but can't. About Garth at the OPRY.....I kinda hoped too when the Songwriters were there....but Garth didn't show then. But maybe since George is kinda his idol.....??

If anyone gets to meet Garth, If they can kinda mention that Wizard said "Hi!". Not that he'll know who I am since he's never met or spoke with me. But it's a try. Wonder if he'll be wearing any red,white,and blue?? Maybe we'll find out who the "Wrapped Up In You" is??? A secret love, perhaps??? (LOL).......[smiley is sad I guess]. Sorry, just feel sad.

Wizard2C
Carol

---------------------------

The Music Event of 2002......"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!".....the Children sing:
"Peace Goes Around the World"