PDA

View Full Version : Bought George For Beer Run

gbkubfan
10-04-2001, 02:35 PM
Hey...
Stopped by Target and picked up George Jone's new CD for the HIT DUET WITH GARTH BROOKS BEER RUN as the packaging advertises. The song is good. I liked it. George's album is typical George Jones so I wasn't unhappy with the purchase...LOL...I have several of his CDs but am not a major fan of his. I think the song has potential to hit the Top Ten..I am not sure its a #1 JMHO.:)

Lowell Miller
10-04-2001, 04:20 PM
Beer Run really grows on you.....you will think it's a no. 1 song by the end of the week. :) I can't get this song out of my head at all.....B double E double R U N. :eek:

Garthfan92
10-04-2001, 09:52 PM
I admit Garth was my only reason for getting it too, but that's ok with me. I'll give the other stuff a chance and see what I think after a few listens.

Lisa

GBsMydance
10-04-2001, 10:38 PM
DR you didn't let me down.. I knew you would be out buying that CD..
I have to admit.. I bought a tape and a cd...
and I also have to admit, I do like the album.. and I love that song..
Lowell, I too, find myself humming and singing that song over and over.. It is very catchy and it encourages you to sing along.. and I might add at the top of your lungs.

Great work from the G-men.. It sounds like that had a blast putting it together, and I can see that twinkle in Garth's eye..Would have been fun to be a fly on the wall.

So everyone, remember we can make this song a big hit.
Call your radio station and request.. request..

wizard2C
10-04-2001, 11:26 PM
Hi!

Me too, got The Rock. Tis my only Jones CD but will add to my Garth collection. I found the cutest Beer Run editorial cartoon. I'll try to reduce it small enough to post. All my pix are too big! (LOL).

I classified my MP3 Beer Run as "Country Country".
BTY did anyone hear the new Toby Keith "Let's Talk About Me".....it's got a Rap sound.......tis kinda neat [pls. no e-mails].....but I often venture over to (yes.....POP)!
"If I wasn't a Celebrity.....would ya......"

Carol
Wizard2C [Smiley face off tonight]

---------------------

40 Million Slave Children World-wide....."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!" [smiley face]

fuzzwuzz
10-04-2001, 11:55 PM
As soon as Wal*mart finally gets some in I'll make The Rock my first George Jones CD. And I'm gonna be checking it out for more than Beer Run. I'll be pickin' it apart trying to see what's in it like George says about the new stuff he can't figure out. Hear that George? This better be good AND tasty!! ;)

Your Olympic Hero
10-05-2001, 01:08 AM
I went out and got George Jones' cd as well, and I LOVE IT!!! I am in college now, and I think I have our dorms new theme song in "Beer Run". (Some of the guys are even coming up to me saying "Man, ain't it time for a B double e double are you in?!!!) The rest of the cd is good too. My favorite George song on the is "The Rock". I feel like you "traditional" country guys will love this cd though.

missy1462
10-05-2001, 08:11 AM
I sure hope "The Rock" is as good as you all are saying. Maybe, just maybe the WalMart stores around here will get the album in before next year. I called both stores and they didn't even know that George had a new album coming out. Go figure!

redstrokes77
10-05-2001, 08:54 AM
I'd like to thank all of you guys who went out and bought "The Rock", I'm sure Garth would be happy. I have a feeling that Garth was more than happy to "help" George out by putting Beer Run on The Rock.

As I see, many of you had bought your first George Jones album because of it so I think the strategy has worked!

And you weren't diappointed with the album either!

deb

gbkubfan
10-05-2001, 10:51 AM
Hey Deb...

I am sure George really appreciates everyone buying the CD...LOL..I am surprised that the CD is some people's first with George...since Garth sang back-up on a song on an earlier Jones CD. I bought that CD and his next one at the time. I have never been a big Jones fan except for He Stopped Lovin Her Today..I would sure like Garth to sing that song on a CD...The song Beer Run is growing on me but I am still not sold on it..but everyone should go get the CD just to show support for Garth, show the traditionalists that Garth does help sell country music and just because the song is good...JMHO

fuzzwuzz
10-05-2001, 09:17 PM
bgkubfan, don't be surprised there are Garth fans so new to country music like me. And it's ALL Chris Gaines fault. I don't listen to radio. I don't have the money or time to search all over the place trying to see and hear what I missed all these years. I figure whatever comes by me on account of Garth and his fans is the best way I know how to learn what I've missed. If Garth hadn't have recorded Beer Run with George, I doubt I'd be interested in checking him out finally. And if it wasn't for Chris Gaines, I doubt I EVER would have given Garth or country music a chance. I may be late for the what I missed through the 90's, but Chris is making it up to me BEYOND his music AND the 90's. Garth truly saved the best for last for me. I'm happy with that, and I figure also, I have eternity to party with the best!

When I get George's new CD, I'll take your advice and give The Rock a close listen. I'm not sure I've even heard him sing before, if you can believe that!! Hey? Why does George call it The Rock if it's not rock'n'roll?

Vanessa
10-05-2001, 09:26 PM
I saw Georges' cd at Musicland at the mall, but didn't get it :o :eek: I have Beer Run on my puter..so I think I can wait till Garth releases his cd :rolleyes: :)

But yes, I too LOVE this song!! it's so funny and upbeat and once ya listen to it about 40 times..it gets stuck in your head!! :)

Vanessa :)

CountryBee
10-06-2001, 02:14 PM
For anyone who hasn't purchased the new George Jones album or isn't sure that they want it just for the one song with Garth, you can hear clips of all the songs at the MSN Music or CD Now web sites. After listening to these clips, I know I have to get this album. I'm hoping that it will be availble at my local Wal-Mart.
Bee

Paula
10-06-2001, 05:06 PM
I just picked up George's album today, along with a few others. :o I picked it up at Best Buy for $11.99. It is also my first George Jones album. I'm not that crazy about his music and, like gbkubfan, the only song I can think of his that I DO like is He Stopped Loving Her Today. However, so far, I have listened to half of the tracks on this album, and it's pretty good.:)

Paula