PDA

View Full Version : If you're going to the Press Conference

ProducerJ
10-03-2001, 12:03 PM
This came in a media advisory from Karen this morning... please take note if you are going to be attending the Press Conference.

==========================

FOR THE PUBLIC
**The conservatory of the museum is spacious, but capacity is limited due to fire marshal regulations. The public will be admitted on a first come, first served basis. In order to accommodate as many as possible, seating will not be provided. Chairs and large bags (totes, backpacks, anything larger than a woman's purse) will not be admitted. You may bring a still camera, but no recording devices will be admitted.

The entire press conference will be available to country radio LIVE via satellite.

phillyfan77
10-03-2001, 09:38 PM
Thanks! That answers a couple more of my questions! :)

Jim :)

wizard2C
10-03-2001, 11:10 PM
Hi!

Producer J, sorry was planning on going to the Press Conference but will not be able to make it. I'm kinda new to these Press Conference things....what purpose does it serve as opposed to just sending a written Media Release? I mean the press would get the information anyway? Thought Garth was so concerned with his daughters and all...he seems to spend a lot of time away from them?

Sorry, I guess it's really not my business.

Carol
Wizard2C:confused:

---------------------

The Children of the World hold the future in their hands...."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!:o

ProducerJ
10-04-2001, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by wizard2C
I'm kinda new to these Press Conference things....what purpose does it serve as opposed to just sending a written Media Release? I mean the press would get the information anyway?

A very good question...... there definately is a difference in doing a press event, like Garth is doing, and just sending out press releases.

Appearing real live and in person gives an artist much more air time - radio, tv, or internet. It then becomes not just an announcement, but an event. If you go somewhere like Country.com and read their news in brief segment... those are little paragraphs that all came from Press Releases. We get a zillion a day. (give or take a couple.) An event like Tuesday will provide daily radio prep sheets material and quotes for months to come. You'll see him on CMT, Entertainment Tonight, E!, all the biggies. There will be big spreads in the magazines with pictures from the day.

Also, appearing in person with the media makes you a much more likeable, media friendly, every day type of guy. Tuesday's event will be the 3rd I've covered with Garth in the last year. I've done one each with George Strait and Alan Jackson in 5 1/2 years in this town. Some artists just don't DO media for whatever reason. Garth, fortunately, is very media friendly, even though he admits to being nervous when he has to get up in front of us all.

One more thing, a press release, when done well, is a one subject thing. One good quote from the artist, that will get chopped up into something even smaller by the time it hits the press. In a situation like Tuesday, Garth will likely field questions on everything from the new album to his retirement, the girls, the Opry, Teammates for Kids, and other projects like The Lamb and the Trisha duet album. He'll cover a lot of ground.

Basically, a press event, even on a smaller scale than this one, gives you more bang for the buck. Hope that helps!
J.

Teresa Morris
10-04-2001, 12:09 PM
I'z soooooo ready for all the bang bang! HA!

My biggest dilemna right now, should I keep my girls outta school to go. They are having a dang caniption fit!!! Been too long since they saw him and they know this is a great chance.

My only struggle is they have missed so much school already this year. Missed 2 days right off the bat when Jason's Daddy passed away. Lindsey's been sick and missed 2 days a while back. Kayla missed 4 days when she had her surgery. I am sooooo tempted though to just load em up and let em go! That would also ease my ever present dilemna of where they'll stay while I'm gone, who will get em to school, who will pick em up....I am suchaaaaaa worrywart!!

The one thing that strikes me totally hilarious in all this is Jason. Yep, the hubby who has lovingly tolerated my addiction to Garth all these years. The man is TOTALLY obsessing over what to do!! He only has 2 days vacation and 2 days of personal time left this year. BUT....he wants to go to the Press Conference too. ROFL! ;)

Yes, it has happened. I have fully converted him. I am married to a man who is taking personal time off work....NOT to go with me...but because he can't stand me going and HIM not getting too!! He won't even consider not being there. We discussed at one point my going and him taking personal time and staying home with the girls. NO WAY BUD!! He wanted to go too! :rolleyes:

What I used to consider just him being sweet and tolerant, I have now realized was bull. He wanted to be there all the time. :p

As for me, I just can't wait. The worry over will we get in the door or not hasn't hit me. I don't know that it will. Instead I just feel a calm peaceful....everything's gonna be okay kinda feeling. :) Things will happen as they are meant to. I just know this is something that I wouldn't miss for the world.

Okay, NOW what do I wear and should I make a nail appointment for Monday morning????

Teresa

GBinMyHrt
10-04-2001, 12:27 PM
Hey girl! Let those kids go! They are smart and they can keep up with school easily. Make sure they get their assignments and take 'em with ya!

About those nails... :rolleyes: for everyone's sake, get 'em done. :p

And what to wear.... :confused: something red?...no blue. How about auburn? No wait, go with something purple! :D

Carmen

Cheryl
10-04-2001, 12:27 PM
Teresa....TAKE THE KIDS! :) Call it quality time, and have no regrets. Impromtu lil family trips like that are what they will remember when they get older....not the math quiz they missed. :)

angelamccann
10-04-2001, 12:51 PM
I'd recommend taking a few seconds out to take a deep breath, phone the venue and find out if it's OK to take the kids in - just in case (shouldn't be a problem).

Then I'd pack, get your nails done and stuff hubby and kids into the car - those children will thank you for the opportunity you gave them in years to come :)

Angela x

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
10-04-2001, 12:55 PM
Hey Teresa ~ I agree with Carmen & Cheryl. My kids are missing a day tomorrow 'cause we're going on a little family trip. I just asked their teachers to give them some work to take with them :) I think you will all have fun. What better way to spend quality time together...seeing GB!:) After everything, you and your family have gone through this past year...YOU DESERVE IT!:D And BTW....good work on converting Jason ;) hehe

Sure wish I could be there to meet you all :)

CC

TBG
10-04-2001, 01:48 PM
Teresa, TAKE THE KIDS
It will be good for them and that way maybe be will be able to spot you.

SHOULD WE ALL WEAR SOMETHING PURPLE?

MO

Teresa Morris
10-04-2001, 03:57 PM
Thanks yall...I'm really fence sittin on this one. Just gonna play it by ear and see what happens.

MO, I know ya meant well but just to clarify my own intentions...seems I'm havin to do that quite a bit lately ;)if I take my girls, it won't be as a method to get Garth to spot me...it'll be for my girls to spot Garth! LOL :cool: :eek:

Garth will know I'm there. I ain't worried bout that. I think he's known for a quite a while now that this ain't something I'd be willing to miss. ;) This cd is very special and I don't wanta miss a thang.

Wearing purple? Hum, actually the shirt I been thinkin on....its kinda bluish-purpleish....is thatta word?! Ya know me too well Carmen!

:rolleyes:

Teresa :)

GBinMyHrt
10-04-2001, 07:43 PM
[i] Wearing purple? Hum, actually the shirt I been thinkin on....its kinda bluish-purpleish....is thatta word?! Ya know me too well Carmen!
[/B]

"Bluish-purpleish" hang on...I'm getting my GarthDictionary outta my GarthSurvivalBag....YUP there it is. It's definitely a GarthWord and it means:

Too excited to speak/think straight when headed to a very cool GarthEvent and will probably end up wearing whatever falls outta the closet anyway. ;)

:D Hehehe..watch for T she will be the one in ORANGE. :D :D

HUGz
Carmen

wizard2C
10-04-2001, 08:26 PM
Hi!

Thanks, Producer J for that education in media releases. Maybe I'll catch the Internet event.....by the way how would we be able to spot you...just kinda curious what you all look like?

The title is very cool "Wrapped Up In You".....sounds like we all should be wrapped up in Old Glory (our flag) right about now.

Now Florida has another first...anthrax??? (lol). Hey, if anyone's asking questions of Garth.....Who was that actress you were seen with?......Hmmm.....maybe that's who Garth is wrapped up in? .....forgot....tis not my business. Where are the smileys.....I miss them here.

Carol
Wizard2C [smiley face]

------------------------------

"Peace goes around the World"...the Children sing...."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

Garthfan92
10-04-2001, 09:46 PM
I agree with everyone else, T. You gotta take the kids with! Tell Jason he should be proud to have finally admitted he loves Garth too! It sure took him long enough, didn't it? LOL

Lisa

GBsMydance
10-04-2001, 10:48 PM
T..

Bring the Girls.. Miss Kayla, and Miss Lindsey want to be with Momma..

Now your mission.. bring all of us back details..
My radio station will not carry it, and I will be sitting home and thinking and believing...

So will wait for details and tidbits..

Have a great time, and yup tell him we all love him and miss him too :)

Hugs ,

TBG
10-05-2001, 02:04 AM
T, dumb me wasn't even thinking of how Garth is drawn to kids like iron to a magnet; I was thinking of how I could spot you. When we met Joanne for the first time we were looking for the littlest GarthNutt:)

At this time your kids probably need to be with you and think of the excitement and happiness they will be seeing and feeling. We all need some of that right now.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family.

MO

majmom
10-05-2001, 02:44 AM
T-

You do what ya gotta do, gal,...

...but the first (and only) time I met Garth, someone had brought their kids, and when Garth kneeled down to talk to them, he said, "Now you tell your momma that you don't miss school for anybody but Garth!" lol It was VERY cute!

Kerry