PDA

View Full Version : zat you........... SANTA CLAUS.... LMAO

nelty
10-03-2001, 01:56 AM
ROFLMAO... hahahaha

I just picked up my copy of the CD, today.... and it was weird the first time I heard it.

Now, I can't stop or help laughing at this song... nothing again this song or anything.. LOL... It's just funny...

CUTE... very CUTE :)

Maybe Garth should do some broadway.. lol...

zat... you... SANTA CLAUS...

maybe its just the way he says it... :D

Nelly

ps: it also reminds me of something too... :X

majmom
10-03-2001, 02:54 AM
Nelly -

Whatcha been drinkin', gal?? You're positively silly tonight! :p

Too much coffee, or not enough sleep?? :eek:

lol

Kerry ;)

nelty
10-03-2001, 02:58 AM
Kerry...

Went for some Coffee with my friend, earlier today... Again as I posted in one of the other thread which I don't remember which one... :rolleyes: lol

"With Nelly, its Sugar with Coffee not Coffee with sugar... " LOL:D

Nelly

countyfair_85
10-03-2001, 05:03 AM
I haven't heard it yet! :(

But the title of the song makes me think of a fun
Christmas song...and I look forward to the movie!
It's going to be great watching a Christmas movie
for this holiday from Garth and Whoopi! :)

-Diane

nelty
10-03-2001, 09:36 AM
Diane...

You don't have the cd yet??? :( I hope you get it soon...

Nelly

ps: You got mail

Garth_FANtasizer
10-03-2001, 09:42 AM
Nelly - I laughed my butt off when I heard this song!

My first response was "Zat you, Garth?" LOL
It's just another pleasant glimpse into the mind of Garth! His talent is boundless!

Gotta love him!

~Ann~

nelty
10-03-2001, 09:46 AM
ME too...

I was like.. "Garth??? Is that Garth??? That's GARTH????" :eek: lol

yep yep... gotta like him...

Nelly

jstensig
10-03-2001, 09:52 AM
*Sigh* Still not available here in DK:(

Jakob

Triple J
10-03-2001, 09:57 AM
ok, be a good girl and give me the sugar...

Garth is :cool:

nelty
10-03-2001, 10:05 AM
Now now... Jakob...

You'll get it soon... sooner then you think. :)

Triple...

LOL... ya gonna have to take it away from me.. :p

Nelly

Faye Edwards
10-03-2001, 12:46 PM
Yeah, it's like is "Zat our Garth?"!! Can't you just picture him doing it !!! Sure hope he does it on one of the TV shows. Sounds like he would have a ball with it.I am ready for a Garth blitz on all of the TV talk shows. Also the title cut,Call Me Claus, is a rockin' Christmas song. Like everything about the album, OK, I would have liked a few more new songs but I'll take what we get and be thrilled with it!

Faye

fuzzwuzz
10-03-2001, 02:17 PM
The tune has a 'grinchy' feel to it, ya think? The cartoon of How the Grinch Stole Christmas is one of Garth's faves. He said so on MSNBC once. He also likes It's a Wonderful Life, To Kill a Mockingbird and Shawshack Redemption.

nelty
10-03-2001, 04:22 PM
I was telling Lori how it reminded me of "The Lion King"... :)

Nelly

Pilgrim
10-03-2001, 05:25 PM
I am looking forward to hear this song:)

Brian

smitten
10-03-2001, 10:04 PM
:)

Me three !!!!!!

Annette

Garthfan92
10-03-2001, 10:51 PM
It's my favorite of the three new songs. I keep picturing Garth's expressions singing it, and it totally cracks me up!!!:D It's so cute how he sings "zat you... Santa Claus?" I start laughing everytime that line comes up!

Lisa

Triple J
10-04-2001, 09:17 AM
Well if that's the way ya gonna play...

*jumps after Nelly for the sugar*

Marga
10-04-2001, 09:28 AM
Sigh* Still not available here in DK

No in Spain!!:(

We are forgotten Jakob!!:(

Marga

nelty
10-04-2001, 09:47 AM
Triple...

lol... ok ok.. I surrender... :p here's the sugar.. :(

Nelly

Garth_FANtasizer
10-04-2001, 11:44 AM
I'm afraid giving up the sugar isn't going to do the trick... Nelly is high on Garthijuana! LOL

~Ann~

Teach
10-04-2001, 02:25 PM
I finally got mine today and I have been playing it ever since. I love hearing GB sing Christmas music and miss these songs since I haven't heard them since last Christmas. :D

Is "Call Me Claus" coming out as a single on October 9? If it is, I definitely want to have it. I think I am going to be forced to buy George Jones' new CD because I cannot seem to hear " Beer Run" on the radio. :D

nelty
10-04-2001, 02:37 PM
Ann...

what is Garthijuana???? cause I can't be on it since I have no idea what you are talking about... hehe... ;)

Nelly

Garth_FANtasizer
10-04-2001, 03:24 PM
LOL Nelly - Garthijuana is the equivalant to Marijuana!

~Ann~

nelty
10-04-2001, 03:47 PM
Gotcha....

Nope.. I'm not on it since midterm's coming... lol hmmm maybe I should take it then I could blame it for not doing well on the midterms... lol....

Nelly

smitten
10-04-2001, 05:45 PM
Will anyone take pity on an out of towner???????

STill not released here - I was all over the net yesterday, but not even a mention of a release!

Please please please ;)

smitten777@hotmail.com

sincerely,
Annette :)

nelty
10-04-2001, 06:28 PM
Hi Annette...

I just talked to Lori... She will email it to you cause aol allow huge files emails....

Nelly

fuzzwuzz
10-04-2001, 09:04 PM
Teach, I know what ya mean. Garth's twisting my arm to get George Jones new album too, but how else was I ever gonna get around to one of his old favorites? I'm sure I'll enjoy it knowing what an honor it was for Garth to even get to be in the same room with the man.

nelty
10-04-2001, 11:40 PM
Teach???

Dale.... Teach didn't post on this thread... lol That's the 3rd person I heard saying that... Garth is "forcing" us Garth fans to get George Jones album...

No offences to both George and Garth.. I'm just saying what I know... I don't mind George Jones too much... he's ok...

Nelly

fuzzwuzz
10-04-2001, 11:48 PM
Is "Call Me Claus" coming out as a single on October 9? If it is, I definitely want to have it. I think I am going to be forced to buy George Jones' new CD because I cannot seem to hear " Beer Run" on the radio.

Anyway, I'm hoping George is gonna rope me with more than just Beer Run on that CD! I'm gonna put him to the same test he puts all the new 'acts' coming out!!! ;)

nelty
10-04-2001, 11:51 PM
ops... I'm sorry Dale..

Nelly

garthsgirl
10-05-2001, 10:30 PM
I picked up the cd yesterday morning along with George Jones's. Now I may have to put it in and to heck with what my aunt and uncle will say when they hear it coming from my room above the garage, LOL.

Lisa

littlebit
10-07-2001, 03:42 PM
The Rock is excellent. And now i'm wishing i had paid more attention when i grew up hearing George Jones. i have alot of catching up to do.

And right now, i'm hurting pretty bad ~~

cos, i keep dancing my butt off to Beer Run and Call me Claus ;)

Quote:

Garthijuana is the equivalant to Marijuana!

UnQuote:

hehehehe :D

sebroski
10-07-2001, 03:55 PM
He He Garth on Broadway eh ........ what about Garth as Frankenfurter in Rocky Horror Picture Show ??? RofL now that conjures an image or two to mind hehe
:D
" How do you do I ..... See you've met My ....... Faithful....Honky Tonk man !! "

CountryBee
10-07-2001, 10:50 PM
If you haven't had the chance to buy the new version of Garth's Christmas album or George's new one, you can hear clips of all the songs on each album at MSN MUSIC. Just do a search under albums and under "G" (for Garth and George), then you'll be able to find them.
Bee
I gotta go get the "Call me Claus" version tomorrow 'cause I gotta hear the whole "Is zat you ... Santa Claus" song.

fuzzwuzz
10-08-2001, 12:22 AM
Littlebit, I'll have what you are having AND whatever Chris Gaines is having! Let's see if I achieve spontaneous combustion!

BLL
10-10-2001, 11:07 PM
OMG- I didn't think ANYONE could outsing Louis Armstrong on 'Zat you Santa Claus?'....I was WRONG!!!!!!! I've loved this song since I was a very small child and my mum would put the vinyl on the turntable.

Man is he great on this. My lovely husband brought home the "Call Me Claus" cd tonight. I love all 3 songs. Thanks GB, for the smiles. Today would have been my son's 16th birthday and I've been rather down all day; hearing that warm, growly voice sing "please, please, I pity my knees, say that's you Santa Claus" made my heart smile and hurt just a bit less.

fuzzwuzz
10-11-2001, 09:51 PM
If Louis Armstrong did that song first I GOTTA make sure my Dad hears Garth's version! Are all 3 Call Me Claus tunes from the CD also on the single? I'm still waiting on my Wal-mart with that single.