PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks' close call

wizard2C
10-01-2001, 11:04 PM
Hi!

From Country Weekly of Oct 16th:

"Also mere blocks away from the devastation, Garth Brooks was winding his way through the city streets when everything screeched to a halt. "It's chaos," his publicist reported from the snarled traffic. "Nobody knows what's going on."

"As days wore on, traveling stars began to make their way home from wherever they'd been stranded. Since airports were closed and they couldn't fly, Garth offered Jamie a ride home, which wasn't needed--she rented a car to take her out of New York and meet her tour bus in Maryland."

Carol
Wizard2C

--------------------------

The Children of the World hold the Future in their hands....."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!":o

annette
10-02-2001, 12:45 AM
Who is Jamie? Jamie O'Neil?

annette:confused:

Hawk7lte
10-02-2001, 01:00 AM
Hope all are doing okay by now,

would be normal to still be shaken by that experience.

Hawk

Jameelg4
10-02-2001, 09:40 AM
About three years ago, my daughter and I were at the gates of Garth's house in Nashville talking to two people from Canada. A white Explorer pulled up with two women in it and they just sat at the gates smiling at us. Not even thinking [and not recognizing her:rolleyes: :rolleyes:] I said to the driver, who are you? She says, I'm his sister, and leans back and points to the passenger and says, and THAT is his mother. We were thrilled! They both got out, hugged us and we took pictures and of course, got autographs. They proceded up to the house. About ten minutes later, the gates opened and a truck came barreling out of the driveway. All I saw was the hair in the front of the person's head and I knew it was Garth. I took off running [yes on feet;) ;) ] after the truck. He DID stop....he got out, asked my name and told me it was very nice to meet me. He then went to the other people [my daughter was walking backwards and crying in disbelief] talked to them and was more than polite and nice. We all took pictures, got autographs and stood and talked to him for about ten minutes. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met and I have priceless pictures of that day of him hugging myself and my daughter. If he ever tours again, I am there! I'm sure that's true of many many people.

Lost 'n' Garth
10-02-2001, 11:55 AM
Annette

Yeah, it was Jamie O'Neal.

Jameelg4

Thanks for sharing your moment. It made me smile. I can picture you chasing down his truck..arms waving and running as fast as your feet would take you. :)

I have met Betsy once..she was kind (must run in the family)Never had the chance to meet his Mom. :(

Cheri :)

Garth_FANtasizer
10-02-2001, 12:34 PM
I didn't realize how close Garth was to the WTC at the time!:eek:

How sweet of him to offer Jamie a ride.

Jameelg4 - Very :cool: story! Do you have pictures you can put online for us to see?

~Ann~

Jameelg4
10-02-2001, 02:20 PM
HI! yes we do have pictures....but, I don't know how to put them on line.....:( :( ....I could have my daughter do that. What's your e mail address? Sheron

Garth_FANtasizer
10-02-2001, 02:27 PM
WooHoo! I love Garth pics!

AnnC-@webtv.net

Thanks!

~Ann~

Jameelg4
10-02-2001, 02:38 PM
Hi! You're right.....it was funny....but I did make him stop. When the door opened and I saw the boot coming out..I thought Oh, Lord, please make this be Garth or I'll feel really dumb....thank goodness it was. When we asked him to sign and take pictures, he said, You paid for my house and for my kids to go to school...I will sign anything you want.....now THAT is what I'm talking about.....gotta love Garth!:cool: :cool: :cool: Sheron

TGBCG
10-02-2001, 03:36 PM
Hi Sheron,

Would it be too much to post your pictures here? Pretty
please?!

Thanks!
Cindy

Lost 'n' Garth
10-02-2001, 05:07 PM
Sheron

I would also love to see pictures. I love reading and seeing Garth Moments!! If ya can post them here...great!! But if ya can't:

Email
cw13rules@aol.com

Cheri :)