PDA

View Full Version : NEWS!!!! New video in the works, video coverage of Garth at work!

Cheryl
10-01-2001, 10:06 PM
From News 2 WKRN Nashville:

Garth Brooks Production Takes Over Wilson County Town

Garth Brooks Shoots Video in Watertown

For the past two days, country music star Garth Brooks and a film crew have taken over a small Wilson County town.

Garth had announced his retirement last year, but like many superstars, he's back.

Garth has one more project to complete. News 2's Jane Lorenzini traveled to Watertown, population 1300 to give you a close-up look of the production...and a big star.

Watertown's small population swelled by nearly 100 people, but all townfolk cared about was one.

Country music star Garth Brooks and crew rolled in Sunday and let peaceful Watertown roll back the clock.

Watertown Mayor Mike Jennings said, "This is small town America...when people look at the square it looks like what everybody remembers."

While the film crew settled in, news of Garth's visit spread faster than forks on a plate of Lela Beadle's homemade fried pies.

Lela Beadle of Beadle's Grocery made Garth some of her best pies, "I made apple, peach, chocolate and apricot..."

Did the guest of honor indulge?

"No, I haven't yet...but I think I only have 70 or 80 in the base of the bus. I can't eat until the end of filming, but when I'm done..look out!" Garth laughs.

Watertown is the backdrop for Garth's latest music video, 'Wrapped Up in You". The single debuts next week. Brooks had planned to release "Beer Run", a duet with George Jones.

"...with what happened on September 11th, 'Beer Run' didn't seem appropriate for the time...so we went with something that was still happy...Americana...More appropriate."

Along with the music video, Garth's also shooting his first product endorsement, a Dr. Pepper commercial.

Garth wraps up his visit to Watertown Monday night..then it's off to his own small town.

"I got soccer practice in Oklahoma...Gotta get my girls home.(laughs)"

News 2 at 6

There is a video of the shooting....and Garth looks GREAT!!!!! Dont know how long the video coverage will be available, but here is the link:

http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?S=491692

I'm sooooooo excited!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Monica Lockhart
10-01-2001, 10:18 PM
Girl I have a smile a mile wide!!

Garth looks awesome! Happy.... doing what he loves!

Can't wait to see the video!

Hey... and how cool is that.. shooting a Dr. Pepper Video!

Can't you just hear him singing...

"I'm a Pepper, We're a Pepper...wouldn't like to be a Pepper too?"

Yes, Garth! I am a Pepper already! ROFLMAO!

Moni

kristen166
10-01-2001, 10:37 PM
That is neat.:) But I don't have CMT to see his video:(.

I already drink Dr. Pepper too, but I will pay attention to the commercial anyway.;)

gbsangel7
10-01-2001, 10:46 PM
Man he could come to the small town of Hot Springs Virginia anytime he wants!!:D Man that was wonderful. Also if you happened to notice that Jimmy Mattingly was there and it looked like some other stillwater members there. :p That could be good news.

Angel in Virginia

changer
10-01-2001, 10:48 PM
DR. PEPPER???!!!!

Are you kidding me?!!

The CocaCola King is switching horses in mid-stream??

I'm completed shocked!

Faye Edwards
10-01-2001, 10:57 PM
CHERYL !!
Thanks for the link!!! The man is looking GOOOOOOD!!
And yes, he does look happy again. Maybe it's because he's back doing what he says he feels God put him here to do. Sure hope he is realizing just how much he has missed it and judging from the town people's reaction, just how much he is missed.
Faye

littlebit
10-01-2001, 11:01 PM
Thank you for the link!

:eek: :cool:

Oh man, he looks so good!! i can't wait to hear that song and see the video. excuse me but i gotta go take a cold shower now! He looks great! It feels so good to hear himself laugh. :)

And was that Jimmy there too?

oh man, i'm on cloud 7 again.
:p ;) :cool:

Garthmedic
10-01-2001, 11:12 PM
That explains Jimmy's strange disappearance last week. :)

Great to see GB!

--spud--:)

nelty
10-01-2001, 11:27 PM
HEHE... this is way cool. :cool:

Thanks for the link ... :) :D

Nelly

Lost 'n' Garth
10-01-2001, 11:31 PM
Found this at a Dr. Pepper website:

What to eat while drinking your Dr Pepper:
Ice Cream!
The Dr Pepper Float is probably one of the most heavenly treats I have ever experienced. Just take a mug full of Ice Cream (Breyers Vanilla has proven to work well here) and then fill the cup with Dr Pepper. Keep the can/bottle handy, because you can add more as you get towards the bottom, finally ending with a cup half full of Dr Pepper and Ice Cream bubbles.
Burritos!
(Actually, this is just a damned cool page to see...) (served at
Taco Bell ).
Great Bluedini Kool-Aid

This explains it all why he switched to Dr Pepper. LOL

Cheri :)

nelty
10-01-2001, 11:36 PM
too funny... lol.. Thanks Cheri.. :)

Nelly

wizard2C
10-01-2001, 11:40 PM
Hi!

Great that Garth is doing what he likes to do....God Bless Him and America and the World. Unfortunately, this has all come a little too late....since I switched from Dr Pepper to Brad Paisley. Brad is too cute! Besides, Garth is getting up there anyway. Brad has become more my style. Not that I don't think Garth is good, I think his music is the best....it's the man that goes with the music. Somehow I don't think he's quite the man Brad is....respect-wise. Garth was in my eyes, like Brad is now, but somehow that has all changed.

I often felt I was never wanted here anyway at Planet Garth, most don't even bother to answer any of my threads....they stay at zero. I can tell you....I am not a zero....in case that's what you're all thinking. I tried to be as friendly as I could, even wrote a comeback to Wrapped Up In You and nobody ever commented on it. It seems like this whole Planet Garth is just a big click. But that is just my opinion. And it is the Children of the World who will take us to Peace!

Carol
Wizard2C

------------------------

"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!" a 2002 world-wide children for Peace and charities event! :o

Jen19
10-02-2001, 12:04 AM
Oh yeah it was so cool to show up to work and see Garth in the news rundown ... I ran over to the edit room and looked at the video ... hummmm yeah he looked good.. man he was on a few minutes away and I didn't know, oh well I will see him on Tuesday :) But I'm gonna try and get a copy of the video tommrow I gotta ask the editor tommrow.. But he was so cute but the cheasy part is anytime they where singing they cut the sound out so you couldn't here it :) But Garth sure looked good and the video looks really cute :)

Lots of smiles for me today !!!

JEN

Jen19
10-02-2001, 12:05 AM
Oh yeah I forgot.. Carol watch out Brad is my man..LOL Just kidding ...

JEN

majmom
10-02-2001, 12:14 AM
He looked "Garthlicious" - that blue shirt is perfect to set off his eyes-not that he needs it! ;) Also looks like he's been watching his weight again - in time for the video/TV/press appearances and possible concert specials - of course, he could wear a brown paper sack and and eat M&Ms til the cows came home and he'd still look Garthtastic to me!

And Jimmy was soooo cute, as always...

How awesome to have all this Garthy stuff to look forward to! We are soooo lucky...:D

Kerry

ProducerJ
10-02-2001, 12:21 AM
I go out of town for the weekend and Garth is on the local news. Figures!

Originally posted by Jen19
Oh yeah I forgot.. Carol watch out Brad is my man..LOL Just kidding ...

She's not kidding folks... :p
J. <---- still awaiting pictures of MY man, Miss Jen....

Yukongirls
10-02-2001, 12:33 AM
WooooHoooo!!! Garth looks great. Can't wait to see the video. :D

Okay we watched it like 10 times and it looks like Jimmy is the only Stillwater member there. So that is odd that Garth didn't call Steve and James for the guitar playing. O'well Garth is always doing odd things. :)Mikey Weber is there we missed him. :)

Leanne & Michelle

Pilgrim
10-02-2001, 02:43 AM
:D :D :D

Brian

honky
10-02-2001, 05:19 AM
It's time that Garth has a new video for CMT!! :D

Tommy

KindanewGarthfan
10-02-2001, 06:16 AM
Boy did Garth look great, he looked so happy, and to see that lovely smile of his, mmmm....
He looked very nice in that blue top too...;)

From the clips it looks like the video will be really cool, I can't wait ot see it, but we don't get CMT over here anymore :mad: But to see him looking happy again will do me.

And I thought that was Jimmy too, but I wasn't sure.

Wow, hey if Garth needs a hand eating those pies, I'd be more than willing to head on over and give him a hand :D

Hannah:)

missy1462
10-02-2001, 08:15 AM
Now don't anyone throw chairs or anything else at me, but since I haven't been listening to Garth that long..... Who is Jimmy? I watched the clip and I'd like to know who this person is.
Also, I sure do hope that CMT will give this new video the airtime it deserves when it comes out. I try and try to get them to play some of the old videos, and all they will do is two or three of them. I have been really disappointed in CMT. I love country music, was raised up on it, but I don't have to watch the "new" videos over and over for twenty weeks at a time. I know this is my personal opinion, but it would be nice if they would mix it up with some of the older videos ever once in a while.

Have a great day ya'll,
Missy

"All gave some, and some gave all"
In memory - September 11, 2001

GBShameless
10-02-2001, 08:42 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :), thanks for posting the link Cheryl.

Oh boy, does he look good and Jimmy also. Oh I can't seem to get rid of this smile :)

Robin :) :)

PJ
10-02-2001, 08:48 AM
Welcome to Planet Garth Missy!

Jimmy Mattingly is Garth's fiddle player. He's the darked hair gentleman in the other black hat. There is one good close-up of him in the news clip.

Hope that helps.

I would also like to add my thanks for posting the link. It's so nice to see Garth again!

Lost 'n' Garth
10-02-2001, 08:57 AM
Jimmy!!!!

Jimmy!!!!

Jimmy!!!!

Thanks for the link!!!
Welcome to PG..Missy!!

nelty
10-02-2001, 09:23 AM
I hope the video will be out soon... :)

Can't wait... Can't wait... :D

Nelly

Garth_FANtasizer
10-02-2001, 09:32 AM
Oh wow - He looks so good!

I can't wait to see this video! I know what you mean Missy, I can't even watch CMT anymore. They play the same videos over and over again, week after week! :rolleyes:

Welcome to PG!

Hannah - You can help Garth eat the pies, but I want to be there to rub his poor full belly when he's done! It's the least I can do to make him comfortable! :p ;)

Carol - I'm sorry you feel that way about PG. I hope you stick around. I enjoy your posts. Brad is lucky to have you as a fan. I hope he can live up to your expectations. I know Garth has lived up to mine.:D

Cheri - LOL too funny! Great find! Looks like Garth has been holding out on us!

Thanks for the news and the link, Cheryl! :)

~Ann~

Faye Edwards
10-02-2001, 09:41 AM
Carol

I'm sorry that you feel like you do about this site and about Garth. I have felt that the people at PG are very supportive of one another and welcome everyone.About Garth and him being too late, you know he has had a rough couple of years and has put his career on hold,trying to get his personal life back on track. I pray that he has and that his fans are still here to welcome him back. I know that I am. I was very disappointed at first when he and Sandy decided not to be together for whatever reason but finally decided that he was still the most talented artist around and certainly the most loyal to his fans.I have been lucky enough to see him several times and see how he treats us, the fans.So,don't give up on him,you can be a "fan of the Man" and still support other artists as well. Hang in and just know that you ARE welcome here at PG.

loreli
10-02-2001, 10:14 AM
I Can't wait to see this.

Garth looks scrumptious!! and happy too :D Whats better than that??

I cant wait to see this!! WOOFREAKINHOO!!

:D Lori :D

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
10-02-2001, 11:50 AM
Very very :cool: A Gbuddy of mine sent this link to me in the mail this morning, and I enjoyed seeing it again (and again & again....lol), so thanks much Cheryl :) Love seeing Garth smilin' and happy, and so glad Jimmy Mattingly was there too :)

And Carol~ Sorry to hear you're unhappy, just don't take an unanswered thread so personally.I enjoy reading your poetry so please stick around :)P.S. Brad is pretty great isn't he? (Don't worry Jen and Joyce, I'll just enjoy the music and the scenery hehe ;) )

CC

Wendi5000
10-02-2001, 12:19 PM
Garth better be careful with them soft-drink endorsements.... Pepsi-cola set Micheal Jackson on fire, remember :eek:!

Vanessa
10-02-2001, 12:24 PM
what GREAT Garthy news!!!! very :cool:!!! ILOVE new videos and esp. Dr. Pepper.. yummmmm!! :D

Vanessa :)

kristen166
10-02-2001, 12:38 PM
O yeah I vaguely remember hearing about Michael Jackson setting his hair on fire in a commercial or something a long long time ago. :eek:

I don't think Garth will have that problem though.:)

Lost 'n' Garth
10-02-2001, 01:31 PM
O yeah I vaguely remember hearing about Michael Jackson setting his hair on fire in a commercial or something a long long time ago.

I don't think Garth will have that problem though

Yeah I agree.
How can you set fire to something that you ain't got??? :p
LOL
Sorry Garth!!

honky
10-02-2001, 01:52 PM
How come I can't get the videos to work??? :(

Tommy

angelamccann
10-02-2001, 02:09 PM
I couldn't get them to work either, Tommy - some message about them not downloading fully came up.

Still, I'm determined not to complain - the photos are enough to sigh over for the moment...

Angela x

angelamccann
10-02-2001, 02:13 PM
Oops, I'm forgetting my manners - thank you SO MUCH for posting the link, Cheryl - it's so good to see him again!

Angela x

annette
10-02-2001, 02:17 PM
It didn't work for me the first few times I tried. But when I clicked on the same link in the other thread...."have any of you guys seen this" the video worked. Maybe you just have to keep trying. It is worth it.:)

annette

missy1462
10-02-2001, 04:13 PM
Well, I went back and played the clip again and was hunting the man in the black hat like you said PJ. I found him this time. And he was the fiddle player in Garth's band, right? Is that great or what?
I want to thank you all for being so nice, and welcoming me like you have. You guys have made my day.

All gave some, and some gave all
In memory.... September 11, 2001

SweetGBFan
10-02-2001, 04:49 PM
I have a hard time getting the link to work but thats okay the pictures are great. A new video. I dont get CMT but I do get VH1 country and their videos are much better, and they play alot of Garth videos so hopefully this one too. My question is though how in heck am I going to know when all the Dr. Pepper commercials are on so I can tape them???

I have to tape at least one. Boy are we getting loads of Garth or what. But I am sad that IF he still is retiring this may be the last. I wont think like that. I will think that at the press conference he will announce that he is out of retirement he will be doing videos, and a minimal tour for the promotion of his new CD.

Cheryl
10-02-2001, 05:36 PM
You're welcome, everybody! I was very excited when I found it.....had to share with all the Garthnutts! :)

The video seems to be working OK now....I just played it again - think I've lost count of how many times I've watched it! :) Anyway, Brandon has the story up on the home page of PG now, so maybe there were just tons of people trying to see it at the same time. If ya aint seen it yet, keep trying, cuz it's certainly worth it! :)

Original GB Fan
10-02-2001, 06:23 PM
Oh man ... here I only live about 30 minutes from Watertown, and because I haven't been able to get on Planet Garth much (or watch the news like I should) I missed a opportunity to see Garth in person. Bummer ... but just the same I can't wait to see the video!

Still believing in you Garth!

JoAnne :)

redstrokes77
10-02-2001, 07:53 PM
JoAnne, no one here seems to have known that the video was being shot until is was done. Can you imagine the ruckus it would have made?

deb

Original GB Fan
10-02-2001, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by redstrokes77
JoAnne, no one here seems to have known that the video was being shot until is was done. Can you imagine the ruckus it would have made?

deb

I suppose you are right Deb - but for him to be so close to me - and me not be there ... sigh!!!!! :(

MelMalovesGB4eva
10-02-2001, 10:29 PM
Garth looks positively YUMMY!!!:D Well worth the wait.

Can't say the same about Dr. Pepper. I always wondered who
actually drinks that stuff. Garth could probably convince me to do anything. But drink Dr. Pepper---no way.

Lisa

ferretcrazy
10-02-2001, 11:10 PM
:)This is sooo cool , I cant wait for the video either! I bet it will be on GAC too, not just CMT.

:cool:Joan

wizard2C
10-02-2001, 11:43 PM
Hi!

Thanks all for your comments.:) Sorry I feel the way I do but it's just that the respect is not there. And like the mythical coyote, just can't be trusted.

Besides, it's rather difficult to smile lately...just concerned for the children I guess.

Carol
Wizard2C

"The worst person is one who steals your dream and then steps on it or turns it against you.":mad:

--------------------------------
"We have been crying to the World and many people come to take photos and promise to do something, but they never come back and we don't see any result in the situation." Youth, Sudan....UNICEF To Change The World with Children

"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!" the Children lead the way to World Peace.:o

LVGB4EVER
10-03-2001, 12:05 AM
I can't get it to work either :(

I shall keep trying....I hope it works I want to see it.

Thanks for sharing
Sue ;)

Garth Healing
10-03-2001, 12:05 AM
Cheryl, THANK YOU SO MUCH for letting us know about this.:) :)

It was very cool to see & hear him again.

I will watch ANYTHING that he indorses.:cool: :cool:

nelty
10-03-2001, 02:22 AM
Go Nova... Go Nova...

WAIT WAIT... what the H*** am I thinking... Statistic... Probably... sheesh... :rolleyes:

I meant to say...

Go Garth... Go Garth... lol.. :D

Nelly

jstensig
10-03-2001, 07:43 AM
Very cool:D

Jakob

babyblue777
10-03-2001, 09:42 PM
Yay!!

I'm too happy :D :D !!
Very :cool:

But y'all just be prepared for the crap Garth is gonna get about the Dr. Pepper thing. I think it's great but, Garth has announced his retirement and has never really advertised for any porducts as far as I know (Even though his advertisment of Wranglers is a very nice ;) ). Just be prepared, there are going to be plenty of critics, who never really liked Garth in the first place :rolleyes: that are probably going to say he sold out (I don't think he did), but I'm just enjoying the moment of being a Garth fan right now. I can't wait for everything to come out!!

New Dr. Pepper fan!!

babyblue777
10-03-2001, 09:44 PM
YAY!!!

My 500th post!

PS: That's products, not porducts;)

smitten
10-03-2001, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the link......that was sooo coool :cool:

Annette

CountryBee
10-03-2001, 10:39 PM
In my opinion, Dr. Pepper is betting on Garth to pull them up out of the dump. They were left behind when Pepsi and Coke got all the big celebrity endorsers and Super Bowl commercial spots. Does anybody remember the "Crook and Chase Show" where they gave Garth all his favorite stuff, including a big bottle of Dr. Pepper.
Bee

garthfamily
10-03-2001, 10:40 PM
My kids love Dr. Pepper:):)

All I Have to say is TOO :cool: :)

Go Garth

Ready for the ride:)

Sharon

Yukongirls
10-04-2001, 12:25 AM
Heck we drink a Dr. Pepper everyday. This is great that Garth is endorsing something that we already like. :D

It is hard to believe Dr. Pepper is even in a slump at all with all the 12 and 24 packs we buy. :rolleyes: (just got four 12 packs tonight) :)

L & M

smitten
10-04-2001, 05:56 PM
Hey Garth - we need a Dr Pepper campaign over here in OZ.

They released it here a couple of years ago - but it did not do well, and has all but disappeared from the shelves.

I'd even watch commercial television if there was a lure of Garth appearing on my screen.

;) Annette

wizard2C
10-04-2001, 10:07 PM
Hi!

[smiley face]...they're off today.

You know that in some states Coca-Cola sells Dr Pepper. They don't make it....just handle the marketing of it. FYI. I prefer mine up....straight Coke..unadulterated....over ice....served at the recommended temperature.

Does anyone know why Garth's endorsing Dr Pepper. Well, all these years, did he ever endorse another product? I can't remember any. Unless they'll be sponsoring his new tour?? (LOL) Do you think? But Garth said he was staying home for the Girls??? [confused smiley face]

Carol
Wizard2C

-------------------

The Children hold hands in a circle around the World....."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!" [smiley face]

fuzzwuzz
10-04-2001, 11:59 PM
So, is this Dr. Pepper thing Garth's way of helping out the underdog? I mean, I can't be the only one who dislikes the stuff!

PJ
10-05-2001, 07:53 AM
I don't know if it's the same way now, but Coca-Cola used to distribute Dr. Pepper in some parts of the country and Pepsi the rest of the country. I do remember Garth saying he liked Dr. Pepper on the Crook & Chase where they brought him a wheelbarrow full of Taco Bell burritos. Also, regarding other endorsements, the only one I remember was McDonald's but that was when McD's was selling Garth's CD. Garth has said he would enjoy being a spokesman for Nike.

redstrokes77
10-05-2001, 08:58 AM
Maybe he promised to provide all the soccer teams in Oklahoma free Dr. Pepper!

Here in Canada Taco Bell is owned by Pepsi and they sell Dr. P at the restaurants here.

I wouldn't be surprised if he donates his take to charity though.

deb

GBGirl1
10-05-2001, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the link!! GB has never looked better (just my opinion here), looks great in that periwinkle shirt and my, my, my.......what a smile! :cool:

I can hardly wait to see Garth do Dr. Pepper! I can almost hear it. ;)

Again, thanks for sharing.....

:)
Mel

wmcinnis
10-05-2001, 03:44 PM
Thanks so much Cheryl for sharing this with us:) It made my day to see that big Garthy smile:D
Can't wait to see the video!
-Susan-

babyblue777
10-05-2001, 05:52 PM
I can just hear Garth singing,

"Dr. Pepper
You make the world taste better
Dr. Pepper
You make the world taste better, yeah"

When is the commercial gonna air?
Maybe during the CMA brodcast?

Y@nkee
10-05-2001, 07:12 PM
Hmmm....

I never had a fondness for Dr. Pepper before...I'm a confirmed Pepsiholic!!

But lately....

The past week or two....

I've been suckin' on Dr Pepper here at work, (not even knowing about the upcoming commercial endorsement!) and the stuff does kinda grow on ya...especially in ice cream floats!!!

Y@nkee

fuzzwuzz
10-05-2001, 09:21 PM
PJ, whenever I see the Nike slogan "just do it" it always reminds me of Garth!! I guess in a way, because of his music, he is like a spokesman!

NewestGBFan
10-05-2001, 10:40 PM
I would never drink that nasty stuff (but I will watch their commercials very carefully :) )......
Elaine