PDA

View Full Version : live aid 2 .......

AgainstTheGrain
09-27-2001, 03:05 PM
paul mccartney is putting together a concert on oct 20th which is being dubbed "live aid 2" and has invited some musicians to be a part of it and garths name was on the list... does anyone know if he has signed on ????

i got this from billboard.com and its right on the front page when you get to the site

Pilgrim
09-27-2001, 04:54 PM
I prefer they re-run the good old Live Aid:D:D:cool:

Brian

Paula
09-27-2001, 08:20 PM
Hey Brian...I saw that Bruce was also invited.;)

Paula

wizard2C
09-27-2001, 11:26 PM
Hi!

I think it's a Cool idea. Tis better Garth be with the best singers like Paul and Bruce. That's just my opinion.:D :cool: :rolleyes: Among his peers.:)

Carol
Wizard2C

---------------------

"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!" a 2002 world-wide children for peace and charities event!:o

hugeGBnutt
09-28-2001, 01:06 AM
Garth better accept!:cool: hes crazy if he doesn't!:p
there is a bunch of awesome artists already listed, the only thing that could make it even better is if U2 was added!;)(which its never too late, and its def. a possibility!;))

-Ari-

SoCalGarthFan
09-28-2001, 05:22 PM
I have read that U2 is probably going to appear as well. They are actually on the East Coast that week, and as luck would have it...they have that entire weekend free. I'd be surprised if they don't show. Hopefully Garth will too.

Pilgrim
09-28-2001, 05:57 PM
I would also be surprised if U2 didn't show:)

It's exactly something they love to do:)

Brian

SoCalGarthFan
09-28-2001, 06:36 PM
Certainly everyone has noticed how songs have taken on whole new meanings since 9/11. One could listen to U2's "Stuck In A Moment" and hear the words in a whole new light. But someone on a U2 message board I frequent was perfect in saying this the day after the tragedy took place...that nobody in the US will ever listen to the song "Sunday Bloody Sunday" the same way again. It was written about the war and terror that has gripped Northern Ireland, but give it a listen...and see how true the words ring in our current times. "I can't believe the news today, I can't close my eyes and make it go away...how long, how long must we sing this song....how long, how looooooong, cause tonight.....we can be as one tonight."

hugeGBnutt
09-28-2001, 07:02 PM
But someone on a U2 message board I frequent was perfect in saying this the day after the tragedy took place...that nobody in the US will ever listen to the song "Sunday Bloody Sunday" the same way again.

Hey, SoCal that wouldn't happen to be the forums @ Interference would it!?:cool:

-Ari-

Bal2001
09-28-2001, 07:51 PM
Not sure what final line up is but

here's a link

http://www.livedaily.citysearch.com/news/3708.html

Paul McCartney will headline an Oct. 20 concert at New York's Madison Square Garden--dubbed Live Aid 2--to raise funds for victims of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, according to published reports. He reportedly has invited a number of major stars to perform, including Garth Brooks, Bruce Springsteen and Eminem, though no artists have been confirmed.

Among the other artists who have been invited to participate are Mary J. Blige, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Lenny Kravitz, Limp Bizkit, the Who, and the surviving members of Led Zeppelin, British newspaper the Sun reported. (Led Zeppelin reformed in 1985 to perform at the first Live Aid benefit in 1985, a show that raised money for hunger relief.)

A four-hour block of the concert reportedly will be broadcast on MTV and VH1.

No announcement has been made as to which charities will benefit from the concert. Ticket prices and on-sale information is also pending.

Also a another link

http://www.itn.co.uk/vanilla/story14736629.html

SoCalGarthFan
09-28-2001, 07:55 PM
Yep...Interference. And I have to put Bono & Edge in the same category as Garth when it comes to "Class." Everyone knows that G will sign autographs for his fans, but after I saw them in Anaheim, both Bono & Edge came out at 1:30 in the morning and signed and took pictures with the 20-30 fans still waiting for them to leave the arena. They don't always do this...but I've heard that they will stop and sign before and after shows as long as they have the time to spare. I think it's always nice when superstars on a level like Garth or Bono will take their valuable time on a consistent basis and share it with those who got them where they are now.

SoCalGarthFan
09-28-2001, 08:00 PM
In regards to the earlier post which said that onsale information is pending. The onsale date is scheduled for Sunday October 7 at 12 Noon. Since this is a One Night Only performance in NYC, you can not only bet they can name their prices...but also that your chances of getting tix are Slim & None....and Slim has just left the building. Even I might consider a cross country journey for this lineup if I were lucky enough to score seats. There are 3 Performers I'd travel to see....Garth, U2 & Bruce...and 2 of them are already a strong likelihood. Guess we'll see if Garth responds in a positive fashion.

Bal2001
09-28-2001, 08:06 PM
HI socalgarthfan

Your choice is wise my fellow Garth Fan.

My all time singer Is Bruce and Garth is close with U2 having respect from myself.

Even if I wasn't a Garth Fan I would be there just to see Bruce even for 5 mins. Mad fans we are, lol

Up till recently I have collected every single release of Bruce in teh UK.

I've missed a of Garth's so I'm not sure what was officially released as I have a lot of promo stuff.

Take care

Bal2001

Kathleen1020
09-29-2001, 11:15 PM
Hello All!

According to the "Music News" segment on New Country Y107 (http://www.newcountryy107.com), Paul McCartney's benefit dubbed "Live Aid 2" is scheduled for Saturday, October 20 (my 23rd birthday!!) at Madison Square Garden.

I hope this info is good enough for now. If anyone out there has any additional info, it would be greatly appreciated. Not only would I be supporting a wonderful cause, I would be able to see Garth on my Birthday!!! :D

Good luck and God bless!

ferretcrazy
09-30-2001, 12:00 AM
:D Oh my goodness..Paul McCartney and Garth Brooks at the same time. I would think I died and went to Heaven!!:D
I gotta get tickets...I gotta get tickets......

Joan:)

Brits
09-30-2001, 01:15 AM
So is Garth actually confirmed for this?

I mean, I think it's one of those things he'd be honoured to do, but there might be scheduling conflicts and that sort of thing...

Just wonderin' :)
Hazel

Pilgrim
09-30-2001, 06:26 AM
My all time singer Is Bruce and Garth is close with U2 having respect from myself.

Even if I wasn't a Garth Fan I would be there just to see Bruce even for 5 mins. Mad fans we are, lol

Up till recently I have collected every single release of Bruce in teh UK.

I've missed a of Garth's so I'm not sure what was officially released as I have a lot of promo stuff.
:cool::cool::cool:
That is like the best reply I have read in AGES:D:D

Are you also member on Greasy Lake??:):cool:

Very cool:)

Brian

Bal2001
09-30-2001, 08:26 AM
Hi Brian

Greasy Lake rings a bell but I've not until this month come back into the music scene.

I presume you meant as in Bruce stuff.

Reminds me of something though. I need to start burning my Video tape stuff to VCD Disc's.

I have some treasured Bruce stuff from TV in the 80's ( whole concert's) including interviews. Can't afford to lose the Tape quality, lol.

Take care

Bal2001

Pilgrim
09-30-2001, 09:57 AM
Yup I meant about Bruce:cool:

Bruce is THE #1 overall:cool:

Greasy lake is the DAnish run Bruce site. very cool IMO.
Not better then PG, but still up there.

So you have lots of bruce stuff from the 80'2?? How do you transfer it to VCD??:o

I assume you are going to buy his new DVD as well??;)
http://www.greasylake.org/flamingolane/live_dvd.htm

Brian:)

Bal2001
09-30-2001, 10:13 AM
HI

Thanks for that.

I didn't know he planned to release the DVD as I gave hope when the CD came out.

Pitty he didn't do a Dual pack with the DVD and CD.

I have alot of his stuff including 12" Remixes and Picture disc's.

I didn't buy the real expensive one's as people wanted too much.

I have a lot of the unofficial stuff too.

I am not sure what happened to the No Nukes DVD as I am sure it was suppose to be released? maybe I'm wrong as I missed the Video version.

You know what threw me years ago when I was sent my first Garth tape.

The song The River, I thought to myself , is it the same song until I listened to it.

Just One River but on opposite side's I guess.

About VCD , I have various computer stuff including a direct VCD maker including able to make Divx from MPEG2 stuff.

I need to play around with this , and what best, but to try some Bruce or Garth stuff.

You take care fellow fan, PM me if you want to contact me to exchange email addy.

Bal2001

Pilgrim
09-30-2001, 10:45 AM
You know what threw me years ago when I was sent my first Garth tape.

The song The River, I thought to myself , is it the same song until I listened to it.
*hehehe* I know ALL about that;) That's why I say Bruce brought me to Garth and garth brought me to Chris LeDoux;)
I jumped into the same trap with both feet as I saw the title. I bought the album and was so disappointed I didn't listen to it for 6 months:eek:

I haven't heard anything about the No Nukes DVD:o Absolutely nothing.

I agree though that a combined DVD/CD release of the NUC shows would have been cool. But probably also expensive:o
I know I payed way too much here in DK for my complete video anthology:o

Brian