PDA

View Full Version : angry all the time?????????????

Kerri
09-26-2001, 08:37 PM
Okay. I know Tim sings Angry All The Time [and he sings it so well!]. I also know that Bruce Robison wrote it.
Day before yesterday I was watching CMT when I heard a familiar tune, so I looked up. The song was Angry All The Time, but sung by Bruce Robison with Kelly Willis as back up. Did he release the song previously? Or is he releasing it now at the same time as Tim? I'd never heard the song before I got Tim's CD. So, I'm kinda clueless here. Anyone able to straighten me out here?
:confused: :eek: :) :p ;) :D

Garthfan92
09-26-2001, 10:01 PM
Actually, I think Bruce's version is older. I recall seeing that video version quite a while back. It seems they're playing it again now that Tim put the song out. I'd completely forgoten until I saw it again the other day. Then I remembered seeing that video a couple times, and I realized that was probably why the song sounded just the slightest bit familiar to me when I first heard Tim's version.

Lisa

Kerri
09-27-2001, 08:21 AM
Thank you so much! I really liked Bruce's version. A lot. I've always liked Kelly Willis, too. But I'm still partial in that I like Tim's better. It's a good song either way though.
Thanx again.

Lowell Miller
09-28-2001, 02:14 AM
I really like Bruce's version also. :) I loved that song when I first heard him and Kelly sing it...I kept hoping it would go up the charts. :( It's funny but when I hear Tim and Faith sing it...I can still hear Bruce and Kelly singing it. Well, that doesn't make any sense but I just can't get the old version out of my head. :)

Kerri
09-28-2001, 06:19 PM
I know what you mean! I keep hearing the simpler Bruce version. Granted, I love both versions. But it's getting to be a little hard to decide which I like better. Was it released as a country song? It seems to me it could go either way maybe. Any idea what year Bruce's version was released? Or where it peaked on the charts? Or anything else?

Lowell Miller
09-30-2001, 02:24 AM
I'll try to find out and post back.....:)

Chris Gaines
09-30-2001, 02:58 AM
"Angry all the time" was released on Bruce Robison's "Bruce Robison" Album...in 1995.

Chris Gaines
09-30-2001, 03:01 AM
Robison's "Lonely Too" graced Lee Ann Womack's breakthrough, multi-platinum I Hope You Dance. His two fertile hit-mines for Sony's Lucky Dog imprint (1998's Wrapped and 1999's Long Way Home From Anywhere) yielded Tim McGraw's mondo-hit "Angry All The Time" (on Set This Circus Down, with Faith Hill), along with choice cuts for Gary Allan, Kelly Willis, Charlie Robison, Ilsa DeLang, Tyler England and Monte Warden.

:)
Jason

Anonymous77
09-30-2001, 03:42 AM
I absolutely love this song... but I've never heard Bruce's version... only know Tim's.

Tim does an awesome job with it, and the lyrics hit kinda close to home. Kind of a therapeutic song for me at times... :)

Kerri
09-30-2001, 09:41 AM
The GOod Lord knows I'm Tim's biggest fan and biggest defender [except maybe for Faith hehe], but Bruce's version with Kelly Willis is really good. I like it a lot.
You should call your radio station and try to request it or maybe find out if somehow CMT is playing it anymore. They have a playlist on their website.

sorry for any typos. can't find my glasses, don't have my contacts in. Therefore, I CANNOT SEE WHAT I AM TRYPING> :p

Kerri
09-30-2001, 09:48 AM
Hey look what I found. THe playlist on CMT for Bruce's version.

this half hour (ET/PT) show/video artist

October 1: 2:30 AM Angry All The Time Bruce Robison

October 1: 8:30 PM Angry All The Time Bruce Robison

October 2: 12:30 PM Angry All The Time Bruce Robison

October 3: 6:30 AM Angry All The Time Bruce Robison

October 4: 4:30 AM Angry All The Time Bruce Robison

Hope that helps.

Anonymous77
09-30-2001, 10:40 PM
Robison's "Lonely Too" graced Lee Ann Womack's breakthrough, multi-platinum I Hope You Dance. His two fertile hit-mines for Sony's Lucky Dog imprint (1998's Wrapped and 1999's Long Way Home From Anywhere) yielded Tim McGraw's mondo-hit "Angry All The Time" (on Set This Circus Down, with Faith Hill), along with choice cuts for Gary Allan, Kelly Willis, Charlie Robison, Ilsa DeLang, Tyler England and Monte Warden.

Gary's new CD has Bruce's "What Would Willie Do" on it... :D

Oh, and Gary's CD comes out in two days... this Tuesday, Oct. 2nd. Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

:D

Scarecrow
10-17-2001, 04:42 AM
:)