PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to Nashville?

Monica Lockhart
09-26-2001, 12:36 AM
Well... since I had such a good time in Nashville in August.. I thought I would make this trip to see the Press Conference.:)

Anyone else planning to go for sure? If so, when are you coming and when are you leaving?

I plan to get there on Friday the 5th and stay till Wednesday the 10th...

Hope to see you there!

Moni

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
09-26-2001, 10:12 AM
Hey Moni,

Unfortunately, I can't make it:(. I'm so glad that you get to go though :) I hope you, and all who are going, have an excellent time:).I can't wait to hear all about it! :D

CC

kristen166
09-26-2001, 12:25 PM
No money = no plane tickets = no trip.

nelty
09-26-2001, 12:40 PM
I wish I could.. but its cutting real close to midterms...

Nelly

Brits
09-26-2001, 02:59 PM
I'm going, and my mother's coming too. :D

Just one week and six days more...
See ya there ;)

Hazel :)

shmlss4gb
09-26-2001, 03:43 PM
Moni,

Well we were originally gonna arrive the 11th to go to the Opry 76th B-day shows. But we are working on getting there Mon night instead. I'll keep ya updated!

Terri

wizard2C
09-26-2001, 08:45 PM
Hi!

I'll be drivin' in probably Sunday. I don't know yet when I'll be drivin' out cause I need to get some things done while in Nashville as well. Maybe Thursday...don't know yet. That's a good part about driving....also you can take your camera and whatever. Heck, no.......I'm not flying!
I'll take my chances on the road.

I only hope this happens....I didn't see the Gman on the 4th I was there but sick. Then had my non-refundable air tix and the tragic happened so didn't get to see him then either. I only hope my feelings are wrong and get to go on this trip and finally see the man in person.:D :rolleyes: I hope Peace comes soon.:confused:

Carol
Wizard2C

--------------------------

The Children lead the way to World Peace....."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!":o

Garthfan92
09-26-2001, 10:53 PM
I really wish I could go, but I think I've taken too much time on fairly short notice lately. I just have too much going on to go to Nashville again right now.:( :( :(

Lisa

BigBrother
09-26-2001, 11:03 PM
Hi Carol-

Just wanted to ask did you call the airline and ask about a refund. I know someone who was supposed to fly in to the PC and they got a full refund from the airlines.

It's worth a try if you haven't

Roger

Teresa Morris
09-26-2001, 11:29 PM
Hey ya Moni....I plan to make an appearance myself. Been too long without a Gsqueezie...so I am plannin on being there!
Besides, this is such a special time, I just wouldn't miss it for the world!

Teresa

Monica Lockhart
09-26-2001, 11:45 PM
Awesome!!!

I can't wait to finally meet you face to face and give you a big HUG!!!!

WOOOHOOO!

I am looking forward to seeing all of you there! :)

Moni

Jen19
09-27-2001, 03:10 AM
Hello guys.. can't wait to see ya guys here..I'm so exiceted. Oct 9th is my brothers b-day too..LOL

I hope to get one of those Garth suqueezee too :)

ME SO HAPPY ..LOL

JEN

Teach
09-27-2001, 10:32 AM
I am so glad for those of you that are going to Nashville. I expect to have plenty of details from all of you. :D I hope someone is going to post how we can hear the press conference either on the radio or on the internet. PLEASE???

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
09-27-2001, 10:55 AM
Hey Teach, I'll join you at the whine party lol, and also add my "PLEASE" to yours :)

CC

drycactus
09-27-2001, 12:59 PM
I live here so it's not a far drive for me. So I'll be in the crowd somewhere.

wizard2C
09-27-2001, 08:43 PM
Hi!

Thanks, Roger. :) I'll try calling and see what they say.
Let the countdown begin to Nashville. I'll be in the crowd too. :rolleyes: Hmmm.....the Man is staring at me again:eek: :D

Anyone going, e-mail me with your cell#:cool:

Carol
wizard2C@excite.com

--------------------------

The Children lead the way to World Peace....."Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!":o

drycactus
09-28-2001, 11:30 AM
I'll be the guy wearing the hat, how should I spot you all?

Garth_FANtasizer
09-28-2001, 11:57 AM
LOL @ Drycactus!

They will be the ones wearing the clothes. With you in "The Hat," I bet you spot each other right away! :p

Teach & CC - I'll be at that whine party! :)

~Ann~

drycactus
09-28-2001, 12:23 PM
Well Ann saying that is better then giving my cell phone # out to everybody on the net. So I'll be there cause I live 10 mins away, but all the tourists will be hard to get through and I don't want to get mobbed , you know how it goes. I'm on the net, so that lets everyone know what I look like.

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
10-02-2001, 06:37 AM
Thanks to a very nice lady at Continental, and a very special Garth Angel, to boot, I'll be there!!! :) :) :)

Yay! :)

Can't wait to see everyone!!! :) :) :)

Snow
10-02-2001, 07:09 AM
What exactly are the date(s) Garth will be playing? Or are you all just going for the press conference?

GBShameless
10-02-2001, 09:29 AM
Maureen and I will be there :) :)

Can't wait to see everyone again and to meet new people.

Robin :) :)

Garth_FANtasizer
10-02-2001, 11:10 AM
Have fun, everyone who's going! Bring us back some good stories and pictures!

The press release said he will take questions from the fans too. What will you ask him? Someone needs to ask him if (when) PG will become his "Official" site! :D

~Ann~

ProducerJ
10-02-2001, 12:13 PM
I do believe... we're nearly neighbors. Darn good to meet you. I live 15 minutes from the HOF. I will be looking for you in your hat, please look for me in my suit. (Although if you want to cheat, my HOF credential has my name on it....) ;)

Lookin forward to seeing everyone!
J.

TBG
10-02-2001, 12:38 PM
MAKING A BEER RUN!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be driving to Nashville. I picked up a hitchhiker and she is going to be feeding my CD with Garth's music the whole way:)

Jim you going to be making your run early to make the press conference? Maybe we will see you on the road.

Joyce, since it is first come for getting in, how early will they let us line up? I figure with everything that has happened security will be tight and they won't want people hanging around all night.

MO:)

ProducerJ
10-02-2001, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by TBG
[B]Joyce, since it is first come for getting in, how early will they let us line up? I figure with everything that has happened security will be tight and they won't want people hanging around all night.

Well Mo...... since you asked:)

You COULD camp out there all night if you really wanted to, but I honestly don't think it will be necessary. The number of people they are letting in is a pretty good sized number.

Yes, security will be tighter than tight. Aside from our own security, there has been a company hired that does all the big artist security in town that will handle the crowd. Uniformed police officers will be working the doors and checking all bags and purses. The head of the Hall of Fame's security is one of two guys assigned to Garth that day.

If you've ever been to the HOF, you know there are multiple doors at the front entrance. There will be entrances reserved for media, and others where the public lines will form.

Some other things to look for...... be sure to check out the front row of chairs in the reserved seating, and, not that you will be able to miss it, but check out the top of the stairs that lead to the rotunda.

Might I also encourage you, if you are in town for the event, to spend some time touring the Hall of Fame. The point of his doing events such as this at the HOF is to help bring awareness, exposure, and bodies through the turnstyles to help the Country Music Foundation. Garth could have rented a banquet room at the Opryland Hotel and done the same event, but he has a good buddy at the HOF and does a lot to help them out. So see the sights while you are there! (And make sure they put you on the LEFT elevator.)
J.

TBG
10-02-2001, 10:29 PM
J, I was down for the PG convention and we got the left elevator. Screams were so loud we couldn't hear and they were nice enough to let us ride it up two more times. Awsome way to start the tour:)

When you say check out the front row in the reserve section do you mean I sould look for my seat there:rolleyes: Thats :cool: I knew Garth would take care of his PG friends but I think he will need more than one row:p

Going to spend a week in Nashville and check the place out. Will end the vacation with a trip to the Opry Friday night.

See you at the HOF

MO:)

ProducerJ
10-02-2001, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by TBG
When you say check out the front row in the reserve section do you mean I sould look for my seat there:rolleyes: Thats :cool: I knew Garth would take care of his PG friends but I think he will need more than one row:p

Going to spend a week in Nashville and check the place out. Will end the vacation with a trip to the Opry Friday night.

LOL Mo :)

oh how I WISH you were staying to check out the SATURDAY show at the Opry. George Jones is playing the early show........ at least watch it on tv!
See you soon,
J.

Shiner03
10-03-2001, 12:26 AM
Well, I'm one of those LURKERS LOL I very rarely post, but read all the time!

Ok...I'm going...BY MYSELf!!!! Well I'm excited about seeing Garth and hearing about the new music, but this is the 1st PLEASURE trip in forever I get to go on by myself!!!

I would love to meet the rest of you...but the only one I've seen that going so far, that I've met before is Joyce, so I won't know who to look for. However, maybe by accident I can finally meet some of you that I have sooo enjoyed reading about for the last year!!!

I am flying in Monday...WOW, 1st MONDAY I've looked forward to in...well EVER!!!

Hope to meet some of you there!!

Tracy

Monica Lockhart
10-03-2001, 01:20 AM
Joyce,

Thanks for the info!

I would highly recommend the Hall of Fame tour to anyone that hasn't been! Since you will be right there.. what better time if you haven't seen it??

I am doing the tour again.. cause there was so much I didn't see the first time!

Looking forward to seeing you all there! :)

Moni

P.S. Anyone coming in the weekend before? I am coming in Friday Night...

nelty
10-03-2001, 03:11 AM
For anyone who is going...

HAVE FUN.... :)

Nelly