PDA

View Full Version : Is PG going to be official?

Wendi5000
09-24-2001, 08:03 PM
This was talked about a lot about a year ago, but it hasn't happened yet. I was wondering if plans for making PG official are still in the works?

kristen166
09-24-2001, 09:53 PM
I haven't heard anything about that for months. Maybe Garth changed his mind or something.

littlebit
09-24-2001, 11:32 PM
i hope not :(

Chris Gaines
09-25-2001, 01:58 AM
well it's been pretty much a year since he said that..

whatcha think?

Jason

Garthmedic
09-25-2001, 02:03 AM
I think Brandon is "playing his cards close to the chest", or so to speak.

--spud--:)

Monica Lockhart
09-25-2001, 03:15 AM
I continue to keep a positive attitude ;)

You know the saying....

Good things come to those who wait....

and wait we do... patiently :)

Moni

GBGirl1
09-25-2001, 08:30 AM
.......and wait. Very patiently. :p

I hope so too! :D

I miss Garth!

:)

Wendi5000
09-25-2001, 05:23 PM
I find it very odd that Garth would be using a whole new site to do the countdown for his new album if he was planning on making PG official, but who knows. Brandon? Anything you aren't telling us?

Chris Gaines
09-25-2001, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Wendi5000
I find it very odd that Garth would be using a whole new site to do the countdown for his new album if he was planning on making PG official, but who knows. Brandon? Anything you aren't telling us? Garth isn't doing the Countdown Promotion.. a MARKETING firm is.. cause that's for Radio..

;)

Cause the Marketing firm.. knows Radio a lot more then a website developer ;)

Make sense? ;)

Jason

Wendi5000
09-25-2001, 07:51 PM
Oh, so the web site for the countdown had nothing to do officially with Garth?

wizard2C
09-25-2001, 08:30 PM
Hi!

Just a silly thought!:p

Is there really a Planet Garth.....I mean out there in the Universe is there a star or something maybe called Garth? Maybe we could name one. Garth Star. Can't you somewhere buy a star.....maybe we all could chip in a get Garth his very own star??:D

I know....it's silly. I'm just trying to cheer up from these past weeks.;)

Carol
Wizard2C:cool:

----------------------------------
A wall of Children's Peace poems, prayers, and drawings encircles the World......"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!":o

ProducerJ
09-25-2001, 08:44 PM

Yes, it is done by a marketing firm that was hired to work this first single (originally Beer Run.) They are responsible for not only the countdowntogarth.com but the integration of the countdown into radio station websites all over the country... each individual station participating in the promotion can have the countdown on their site that includes their logo.

At any rate, I am sure that when and if there is something to announce, Brandon and his fine staff of Prince and Princess will be sure to tell us.

Regardless of whether it has the title or not, WE all know that Planet Garth is THE absolute BEST place for Garth Nutts on the internet!
Hugs --
J.

littlebit
09-25-2001, 10:16 PM
:) My Garth star is the first one i see when the sun goes down. i always make a wish that things go well for him.

Garthfan92
09-25-2001, 10:41 PM
I'm really still hopeful this will happen, but it has been quite a while. Brandon, can't you tell us anything? Just a little hint about how things are going?

Lisa

Chris Gaines
09-26-2001, 12:46 AM
Of course it does..

Capitol hired them, Garth hired them.

Jason

Wendi5000
09-26-2001, 01:31 AM
Uhm... well... that's what I thought in the first place. :confused:

Why would Garth pay someone to do another web site instead of say, having the countdown on PG, if he was planning on making it official? Not to be negative here, but that seems a little odd to me.

Chris Gaines
09-26-2001, 01:37 AM
Wendi,

Garth didn't PAY for the website.. the marketing firm did that.

It has nothing to do with something being "his site" or whatnot.

The marketing firm did the site to help promote the single & album.

make sense?

When you hire someone to market your product.. you want them to go all out and do as much as they can... and the firm would not have the "control" it needs if PG hosted the "site" for the countdown.

Jason

fuzzwuzz
09-26-2001, 02:01 AM
deAnnalynn, you are something else, you know that?! ;)

Wendi5000
09-26-2001, 11:00 AM
Oh ok, I get it. He hired the firm and the firm did the site as part of the marketing :). Thanks for clearing that up.

But that still doesn't explain why a year after something was said about PG being official, we haven't heard anymore about it :confused:.

loreli
09-26-2001, 11:10 AM
Well I hope it does :)

We are like family, some a little odd..but overall loveable ;)

Lori

MT4GB
09-26-2001, 11:21 AM
Lori I could not have say it better myself! Besides if all of us were the same life and Planet Garth will be boring and no fun!

Nancy

Wendi5000
09-26-2001, 05:56 PM
Well I actually kind of doubt that PG will ever become official :(. It seems like something would be known by now if it was; a year ago it was like "soon we may get to take the 'un' off the unofficial in the title" and now it's like "if we keep hoping and patiently waiting." :( Besides, after the Christmas album and his new album come out there probably isn't going to be anything new from Garth, and he's already said he isn't planning to tour again :(. He's gone his whole career without an official web site (unless you count a domain that existed entirely of his logo on a page), so I don't see it as very likely that he would "retire" and then decide to have one. :(

Monica Lockhart
09-26-2001, 06:11 PM
I can see where you are coming from in your thinking.It has been almost a year.. and I know I certainly hoped and thought something would have happened by now.

I tend to take an optimistic view. No news is good news....
And, as they say, good things come to those who wait. Patiently.

However, there are many artists out there that are retired and have their own website. Just because Garth isn't touring doesn't mean he won't be active in the music business. He stated he will continue with the songwriting and other projects.

So, while we are all excited that Garth stated he wanted to enter a marriage with Planet Garth... I look at this lack of events taking place as an extra long engagement. When Garth is ready to walk down the aisle with Brandon :) we will all be there for the nuptials.

Moni

Chris Gaines
09-26-2001, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Monica Lockhart
However, there are many artists out there that are retired and have their own website.This is so true,
and not limited to Music artists either. :)
Actors, Actresses, musicians, or anyone in the Entertainment industry. :)

Look at www.chuckberry.com

ya don't hear his name around too much.. but his "Official" site is there :)

Jason

fuzzwuzz
09-26-2001, 07:58 PM
Monica, I loved how you called this waiting a long engagement.

Interesting how The Lamb seems to be running late also. But I'm sure he'll show up when the time is right.

Wendi5000
09-27-2001, 11:02 AM
Anyone here anything on it lately? Like, is it ever going to happen?

Chris Gaines
09-27-2001, 11:43 AM
nope.. no news on that yet .. Wendi

Jason

GBGirl1
09-27-2001, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by littlebit
:) My Garth star is the first one i see when the sun goes down. i always make a wish that things go well for him.

That is so cool.........just how I feel!;)

Mel

Wendi5000
09-27-2001, 11:08 PM
What the heck????? "The Lamb" was supposed to be a new thread.... how did it get stuck to this??? :confused: :confused: :confused: I think there is a ghost in my computer again :eek: :eek: