PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Album/single confusion Jason please help. Thanks!!

charmed1
09-24-2001, 06:03 PM
I have a few questions about the various Christmas releases comeing from Garth.

One: how many songs will the Call Me Claus cd have on it?

Two: will the expanded The Magic of Christmas have ALL of the new songs from the Call Me Claus single as well as the songs on the first Magic of Christmas cd?

Three: what are the release dates again?

Thanks Jason for sharing your wisdom.

Ryan

PlanetGarth.com
09-24-2001, 07:52 PM
According to Best Buy this is the song list for the Call me Claus CD Single.

1. Zat You Santa Claus?
2. Call Me Claus
3. Mary Had A Little Lamb

Monica Lockhart
09-24-2001, 10:57 PM
This is what I have heard...

The Magic of Christmas CD will be re-released tomorrow- 9/25/01. The three new songs from Call Me Claus are on this new release...

The CD Single of Call Me Claus is set for release on October 9, 2001.
(How many songs are on this CD Single... I don't know)

Hope that helps... ;)

Moni

Chris Gaines
09-25-2001, 02:00 AM
Brandon posted the song list for the CD Single, Moni :D

Jason

redstrokes77
09-25-2001, 08:32 AM
Here's my theory see if you can follow. LOL!

The "new" Magic of Christmas was supposed to have been released last year to coincide with the movie "Call Me Claus" but the movie wasn't ready so Garth instead of puttin the three NEW songs on the original CD replaced them with the last three songs on the CD which were originally from Beyond The Season. Whew! I remember some "complaints" about re-using the songs but now we know why.

Now my question is, how does the "average" person distinguish between the old MOC and the new? Is there a subtitle called "Call me Claus"?

And then there will be a single for those who just want the new songs.

deb

PlanetGarth.com
09-25-2001, 09:50 AM
Now my question is, how does the "average" person distinguish between the old MOC and the new? Is there a subtitle called "Call me Claus"?
Yes, there is a sub title on the album cover that says "Songs from Call Me Claus".

Here is a picture of the cover.
http://www.planetgarth.com/gbphoto/index.php?action=display&cid=141&pid=614

Chris Gaines
09-25-2001, 10:08 AM
Telling the difference at the store is rather easy..

If you pick one up there.. you'll only find the new one.

As, I blieve, if you didn't get the CD in the last 2 years.. then you're gonna have a rough time finding the 1999 edition of "The Magic Of Christmas"

I still got plenty 1st Editions. of the 1999 cover if anyone is interested :)

Jason

boppityboo
09-25-2001, 11:55 AM
Hmmm.. ok. So what is the incentive to buy the re-release for the new songs if there will be a single out with the new songs? None. Which is great. Garth is giving ppl a choice for those who don't have the original can now get it with extra songs, and those who do can just buy the single, right? :) I think it is just another way of him proving that he cares that the music gets out and not the money or numbers. If he is so concerned with numbers like the critics and naysayers imply, then he would not have offered the choice of the single or the whole cd. :) That is why he is 'DA MAN!' :D He could have just offered the re-release and then fans would have no choice but to buy the new cd to hear the new songs. But he didn't. :) My love and respect for him goes up another notch. Always taking care of the music and his fans. :) THANK YOU GARTH!

Ellie :)

P.S. Now, what am I going to buy... the cd or just the single. hmmmm.....Guess it depends on how patient I can be. lol.:) Get it now or wait til Oct. :) Sigh... I'll probably end up getting both.:rolleyes: :)

jstensig
09-25-2001, 12:36 PM
Sigh... I'll probably end up getting both. *LOL* Me too.:D

Jakob

BLL
09-25-2001, 06:44 PM
I'll be buying the cd not the single; I've put my player on repeat for 'Baby Jesus Is Born' so many times I'm sure I'll need a back up copy!!!:o :D