PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks - Concert For America

racmac
09-21-2001, 07:07 AM
Hi Guys,

I just received this notification in my email I was wondering if any of you have heard this and if anyone can confirm if it is true or not.

</b>
09/21/01
11:00 pm ET, VH1
Concert For America
Garth Brooks, Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, John Fogerty, Al Green, B.B. King, Lenny Kravitz, John Mellencamp.
</b>

Thanks Rachael
:)

phillyfan77
09-21-2001, 07:35 AM
I've been all over VH1.com and it doesn't list Garth as being scheduled to appear, or even where the show is being held. There isn't even any info on the PG homepage. You'd think if Garth was making an appearance, it would at least be on the PG homepage first...

Jim :)

Darrell
09-21-2001, 09:11 AM
I think this is a replay of a show Garth did a couple of years ago for VH1. I've seen them show it a couple of times since the tragedy. He sings a medley of songs from "My old friend John", "American Pie", etc. Very good performance for anyone who hasn't seen it. :)

ProducerJ
09-21-2001, 09:54 AM
Indeed, the Concert for America has been playing a lot on VH1. It was originally recorded for the Save The Music foundation.

I wonder if VH1 in Australia has a different feed than the U.S.? CMT does... when I was freelancing out there we could watch the various CMT feeds... they were playing the Red Hot Chilli Peppers! :rolleyes:

J.

phillyfan77
09-21-2001, 10:06 AM
Now I see... the LIVE show is on at 9pm, the replay of the "Concert for America" is being shown at 11pm.

"Mariah Carey will emerge from seclusion to join the cause on the televised event "America: A Tribute to Heroes". Hollywood A-listers such as Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Tom Hanks and Robert De Niro will be on hand to help solicit charitable donations for victims of the attacks, as will musicians such as Alicia Keys, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Enrique Iglesias, Limp Bizkit, Sting, U2 and Wyclef Jean. The telethon will be broadcast simultaneously on ABC, CBS, NBC and dozens of other network, public television, cable, radio and Internet outlets on Friday at 9 p.m. ET."

http://www.vh1.com/thewire/content/news/1449002.jhtml

Jim :)

Pilgrim
09-21-2001, 01:30 PM
"Mariah Carey will emerge from seclusion to join the cause on the televised event "America: A Tribute to Heroes". Hollywood A-listers such as Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Tom Hanks and Robert De Niro will be on hand to help solicit charitable donations for victims of the attacks, as will musicians such as Alicia Keys, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Enrique Iglesias, Limp Bizkit, Sting, U2 and Wyclef Jean. The telethon will be broadcast simultaneously on ABC, CBS, NBC and dozens of other network, public television, cable, radio and Internet outlets on Friday at 9 p.m. ET."

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I am going to stay up late to watch this. I am VERY curious to know what Bruce thinks about all this. I bvelieve he think like me though:)
He's usually a smart man who doesn't let anger or hatret run his life:)

Brian

PJ
09-21-2001, 05:09 PM
The show you mentioned was originally called the Concert of the Century when it aired.

racmac
09-21-2001, 05:24 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your input and clearing up that it is not a new event being shown, I appreciate that.

ProducerJ (Joyce) as far as Australia having a different feed of VH1 from you guys we dont even have access to the channel here so thats not the case. I got the notification in an email about the show from a news list I am on. As far as CMT here goes I wish we got the live feed we used to get from Nashville. The station has now been renamed Music Country and they show very little "country music". I originally got cable tv just for CMT, its very disappointing we no longer have access.

Rachael

smitten
09-21-2001, 07:29 PM
Hi Rachael,
Welcome to PG.
I was very sad when Foxtel dumped CMT and went for a watered down, wishy washy format that has very little to do with Country Music. I used to love getting the Top 10, and just having it on in the background.
I miss CMT too!

Annette :)

littlebit
09-21-2001, 07:33 PM
:D

yup!

**littlebit floating to the ceiling with the first honest to Garth smile since last Tuesday**

security reasons are probably why we haven't heard it till now.

**Bouncing on the east wall**

:cool:

redstrokes77
09-21-2001, 09:08 PM
I've actually been thing about Bruce today and what he's thinking. He's never benn afraid to point out America's "bad" points yet he's there when it counts!

Right on, Bruce!

deb

ProducerJ
09-22-2001, 12:20 AM
Look to the Northwest there's a little flashlight in Nashville waving greetings to our friends from Down Under!
Thanks for sharing your country music experiences! Sorry you aren't getting to enjoy as much of the wonderful country music that we do. :(

J. <-- whose mom is a Kiwi