PDA

View Full Version : Telethon on Friday....Wheres Garth?

SweetGBFan
09-19-2001, 06:35 PM
There is a telethon on Friday night that has a ton of performers both singing and actors and actresses. Faith Hill, Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel are all performing along with tons of others. I am really surprised that Garth is not doing something in any of these benefits. He is usually very much involved either writing a new song for the cause or performing. Anyone know if he has plans to participate in any of these benefits?

It really surprises me that we havent heard about anything from him. It would be great if he would appear on one of these benefit shows or at least write and record a song for the disaster releif or something. Anyway just wondering.

Cheryl
09-19-2001, 06:58 PM
Well....when Garth was in LA during the riots, We Shall Be Free came out of that. After OK, he recorded The Change. I'd be willing to bet that SOMETHING will come from him sooner or later. It would be nice to hear from him, but then again....we know he is ok. He may very well be doing things out of the limelight that we will never know about. :) But yeah, it sure would be nice to see him at the telethon!

cindrella4gb
09-19-2001, 09:28 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I've been searching for any info I can find about Friday night's telethon. Still haven't seen anything about Garth. I can't imagine him not doing anything for this great cause. It just wouldn't be like Garth not to do anything.

~Cheryl L.

littlebit
09-19-2001, 09:33 PM
um,

i know Sean and all his friends have had alot of questions.
we've tried to explain to them as best we can.
But i can tell by some of the questions that they're afraid.

This year i let Sean walk with his buddys to school without me and i was letting him walk back. Until all this happened. And even tho it risks him being made fun of, i can tell he feels a little more reassured. and to tell you the truth, so do i.

two of his girls are old enough to understand something bad has happened.

And i think they may want their daddy close by.

and i'm very glad his guardian angels have been working overtime.

:)

wizard2C
09-19-2001, 11:45 PM
Hi!

I imagine Garth will do something for the cause. There's a lot of other celebs not doing the telethon, that are helping out the cause in other ways.

I feel sorry for those Firemen in NY. Seems they won't leave until all their comrades have been located. And the Father killed from falling debris while giving last rites. Then the Firemen said, well you see the Father was to guide all the fallen firemen to the other side.:(
How can you not but cry?:(

I'm sure Garth will do something. I sent them a nice poem, a small donation, and a red, white, and blue scarf with the words I love the USA....hope one of them gets to use it. It's so sad.:(

Carol
Wizard2C

-----------------------------
"A wall of children's peace poems encircles the world."
"Dance!Sing!Fun!" a 2002 World-Wide Children for World Peace and Charities Event!:o

zulu
09-20-2001, 05:44 AM
Here's some info on the Telethon

LOS ANGELES, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Pop star Mariah Carey is slated to appear on Friday on a multi-network broadcast telethon for victims of last week's devastating attacks and perform for the first time since she suffered a nervous breakdown this summer, organizers said.

Carey, who was hospitalized for a mental and physical breakdown in July and suffered a relapse in September, is expected to sing the popular song "Hero" on the star-studded tribute program, a publicist for Virgin Records said.

The show will be simulcast on Friday night by all seven commercial broadcast networks -- ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, WB, UPN and Pax -- in a rare collaborative effort among media outlets that typically compete for viewers.

Also carrying the special will be PBS, the Spanish-language networks Univision and Telemundo, plus 10 pay-TV or cable channels, dozens of radio stations and the Internet portal Yahoo!

Among the musical guests confirmed to perform on the benefit show, "America: A Tribute to Heroes," were Bruce Springsteen, the Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill, Billy Joel, Tom Petty, Stevie Wonder, Willie Nelson, Neil Young and Paul Simon.

Among the actors confirmed to take part were Jim Carrey, George Clooney, Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, Robert De Niro, Clint Eastwood, Calista Flockhart, Kelsey Grammer, Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Will Smith and Robin Williams.

The cost of the two-hour telethon, being produced by MTV Movie Awards producer Joel Gallen, is being borne by the networks, with all the stars donating their time and talents.

The show will raise money through telephone and online pledge donations for American victims of last week's attack on the World Trade Center and Pentagon by hijackers who flew jetliners into those buildings, leaving thousands dead or missing.

Carey's first public appearance since her first breakdown in July will be at a Los Angeles charity screening of her upcoming movie, "Glitter," for the Make-a-Wish Foundation, but she will not sing there, her label said.

((Dan Whitcomb, Los Angeles bureau, 213-380-2014, fax 213-622-0056))

Zelia

wizard2C
09-20-2001, 11:03 PM
Hi!

They said the telethon would come from NYC or LA..with heavy security at both places. Doesn't sound like something Garth should be involved with. After all, he's got the girls to think about....wouldn't want to see anything happen......just being precautious, I guess.

Carol
Wizard2C:)

-----------------------
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!...children know of AIDS, hunger and despair!:( :o

fuzzwuzz
09-21-2001, 12:18 AM
Firemen must be like cowboys and angels combined.

nelty
09-21-2001, 09:35 PM
Hi...

I suggest that everyone watch the teleton... there's artist that are not listed are on the show. Plus, celebrities are the one answering the calls for the donations.

Last but not least... Contribute if you can...

Nelly

Jules
09-22-2001, 07:48 PM
What a coincidence... I logged on just to check for info on this - i.e. whether Garth was on that show - and it is almost the first thing I see :)
The show was on Danish national tv tonight and I was very much looking forward to seeing it because there had been an infomercial on yesterday with a bunch of artists' names runing across the screen that were gonna be on the show - and Garth Brooks was one of those names :) Now imagine my disappointment when the show ended and I still hadn't caught a glimpse of him :(
But seeing this thread I guess I DIDN'T sleep through part of it - it was just a mistake :( :( :(

Betina

Pilgrim
09-22-2001, 07:55 PM
Garth who???

Bruce was there. That was more than enough for me to enjoy it:cool:

Brian

GRTH FAN
09-23-2001, 12:17 AM
I'm sure Garth is planning to help out somehow, and probably working on a song too!
Donna :)