PDA

View Full Version : A disturbing trend

Wendi5000
09-05-2001, 08:59 PM
I keep reading posts all these posts that make it sound like Garth isn't going to be around hardly after he finishes with his album :(. I hope that isn't what happens, because that will mean no more new stuff to look forward to :(, no more events to go to :(, and no more garth moments :(. I want Garth to do what makes him happy, but I hate to think that after 11 awesome years he would just walk away from it all forever :(.

honky
09-05-2001, 09:07 PM
relax.. just wait and see ;)

Tommy

Wendi5000
09-05-2001, 09:48 PM
It is not really that big of a deal to me personally. So I will never be able to meet Garth I guess, but I probably wouldn't have had that chance even if he kept touring for the next ten years :(. I just wonder what is going to happen to PG if Garth calls it quits and isn't around very much anymore:eek:. No new Garth moments to read :(, no news to post :(, and nothing to look forward to :(. This place about went nuts when Garth took some time off, and we knew he would be coming back:eek:. How long could it last if he wasn't coming back:eek::(?.

Yukongirls
09-06-2001, 12:35 AM
:(

fuzzwuzz
09-06-2001, 12:43 AM
Garth is not leaving us, any more than we are leaving him. PG will always be home if we don't walk away. From Garth, or each other.

ImaGBbeliever
09-06-2001, 09:10 AM
I agree, fuzz. The only indication that Garth gave us is that he is slowing down... he called it retirement, but he also named several projects that he would be willing to work on. He is not falling off the face of the earth. People will still get to meet him. He is involved with Teammates for Kids, so he will make appearances for that. I don't think we will see him in the same places (concerts, in Nashville during recording time) but he will still be around.

And we always have each other!!! And Garth will still be here, just maybe in a different way. (and we all know he may change his mind again.)

Kristi

Bobbie
09-06-2001, 09:16 AM
I'm with you Wendi. I've never seen him either, and I've heard DJs say his music isn't relevant anymore. I'm also afraid that if Garth changes his mind AGAIN, he'll be shredded in the press---AGAIN. Bobbie.

jstensig
09-06-2001, 12:51 PM
Garth can't quit IMO.:) This ride has just been too fun for him.

Wait and see as Tommy said.:)

IMHO

Jakob

Garth_FANtasizer
09-06-2001, 01:22 PM
I'm with you Wendi. I've never seen him either, and I've heard DJs say his music isn't relevant anymore. I'm also afraid that if Garth changes his mind AGAIN, he'll be shredded in the press---AGAIN. Bobbie.

Well his music is relevant to me! And the press can eat my shorts! :rolleyes: My arms will always be open if Garth decides to not retire!

Wherever he is, and whatever he does, I'll be there! I hope and pray it will always be in the music! :)

~Ann~

Garthfan92
09-06-2001, 11:19 PM
No matter what Garth decides to do, he'll remain in the public eye. There will always be something Garthy to talk about, and we'll know what he's been up to. I have no doubt about that.

Lisa

Wendi5000
09-06-2001, 11:37 PM
I dunno... It seems almost unfair of us to expect that Garth will always be in the public eye. I thought he wanted to cut back in order to get out of the public eye and spend time with his kids. We really don't have a right to expect him to always be there for us. It is just kind of sad that these great times we've had might be coming to an end.:( :(

Garthmedic
09-06-2001, 11:44 PM
I have no expectations.. Only hope.

--spud--:)

Garthfan92
09-06-2001, 11:49 PM
Spending time with the girls doesn't have to mean he's out of the public eye entirely. He can stay active in charity and other things that allow him to spend most of his time close to home. He did say that it's the touring and recording that take him away from home and take up so much time. I have no doubt he'll keep quite busy with things that allow him to stay closer to home. He's the type of person that needs to keep busy.

Lisa

Pilgrim
09-07-2001, 04:42 AM
Exactly Spud:)

Brian

SummerWind
09-07-2001, 08:58 AM
I agree with Spud! Just lots of hope.

redstrokes77
09-07-2001, 09:07 AM
I don't care what he does as long as he's happy.

deb

littlebit
09-08-2001, 10:28 PM
ditto, deb, but i gotta be honest and say i also agree with spud. i miss him and Stillwater and his music will always be revelent to me.

And so will he and his family.