PDA

View Full Version : Another place Garth is mentioned...

countyfair_85
08-29-2001, 07:23 PM
I find it very funny that when I read something...sometimes I come across the name "Garth Brooks"...
Of course I know it happens to others here too...Maybe it's because that name makes our heart skip a beat for a moment? LOL :D

Anyway...I was looking at some topics on the following site...I had already posted one topic in the open forum here on PG ... about the "@"...
Another topic caught my attention...since it's a question from a reader with Martha Brockenbrough giving the answer after much research.
The question is about the famous phrase ..."It's raining cats and dogs"...

It's rather funny to read...but when you get to the bottom of the page, she includes a comment about our Garth!
and his song "Friends In Low Places"...

here's the link to that page:

http://encarta.msn.com/column/questioncatsanddogs.asp

~~~~~~

-Diane :)

Vanessa
08-29-2001, 07:55 PM
That's neat :)

Vanessa :)

justus
08-29-2001, 08:08 PM
That is pretty cool!:cool:

Paige

wizard2C
08-29-2001, 10:27 PM
Hi!

See, Garth is everywhere! Great!:cool:

Carol
Wizard2C

garthfamily
08-30-2001, 12:30 AM
I'm reading a book called "The Coast Road" and it starts out with them going to a Garth Brooks concert.:)

Sharon

angelamccann
09-02-2001, 07:27 AM
Funny things, books. I'm reading 'Welcome To Temptation' - the heroine walks into a bar at one point and Garth's 'Baton Rouge' is being played on the jukebox. The author assumes we're so familiar with him we don't even need the 'Brooks' to make sure we know who's being talked about!

Angela x