PDA

View Full Version : "She Was"

goveritel
08-28-2001, 02:23 AM
I attended a Neal Coty concert several weeks ago. Among the songs that he performed was a number called "She Was" and it seemed a perfect song for Garth. It presents a sort of life story of a wife and mother. Coty said that the song was not on his album, that he had sold it to a big star and that when it was released by the star we (the audience} would hear what it should really sound like. I wonder......

Faye Edwards
08-28-2001, 01:24 PM
Neal McCoy recorded that song and it was on his last album "24-7-365" It was released as a single but radio doesn't seem to think that he is "Big" enough to merit much air time I guess. He did a great job of it too.
Faye

Garth_FANtasizer
08-28-2001, 02:22 PM
Faye,

The song Neal McCoy recorded is "I was," and I believe it was written by Jo Dee Messina - which is a diferent song than "She Was." Also, it was on the CD before 24-7-365.

~Ann~

Faye Edwards
08-28-2001, 07:51 PM
Ann, you're right, it is "I Was." Sorry, wrong title.

goveritel
08-29-2001, 01:55 PM
Just when it seemed that I'd be able to say that I don't have to wonder anymore (might be a song there), I checked with a friend who is a Neal McCoy fan and learned what the previous post have revealed, i.e. his song was "I was" and it was on a different album. So I still wonder.... It did seem strange that Coty would have been so mysterious about the singer who purchased "She Was" if it had already been released.