PDA

View Full Version : Toby Keith in Chicago, Nashville, & LA for new album release

Cheryl
08-24-2001, 10:32 PM
from www.countrynation.com

-- Toby Keith begins pounding the promotional drum for his new album, "Pull My Chain" in Chicago, then moves to Nashville and Los Angeles next week. The album comes out Tuesday.

On Tuesday, in Chicago, Keith will begin the day at 7:30 a.m. with a two and half hour broadcast on US-99 at the Virgin Megastore. WGN-TV will also do a live television cut-in with Keith for their segment titled "New Release." He will then follow this with an in-store appearance at Best Buy in nearby Aurora, Ill. beginning at 11:30 a.m.

Keith then flies to Nashville in the afternoon and will appear on CMT's "Most Wanted Live" from 5 to 6 p.m. (CST) where the entire show will be dedicated to him.

On Wednesday, his label, DreamWorks has planned a special concert with KZLA-FM to premiere the album in Los Angeles at the El Rey Theatre. Keith will perform an acoustic set for approximately 650 listeners.

Vanessa
08-24-2001, 10:48 PM
that's cool..I'm sure that live, Toby's a good performer and singer!! :)

Vanessa :)

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
08-29-2001, 07:11 PM
Hey Cheryl!

I caught Toby on MWL (it was called ALL TOBY TUESDAY lol) and they premiered a new song/video from the album called "Lets Talk About Me". It was hilarious! ...A real fun and catchy song :D

OK..note to self...three new CDs to buy...Mark Wills, Mark McGuinn and Toby Kieth! :D

CC

Garthfan92
08-29-2001, 10:17 PM
CC, that's the song that US99 started playing before they were supposed to have it that lead to the whole release party here being organized. I think it's hillarious! Caught the video today on MWL. Wish I could have gone to get an autographed copy, but it wasn't possible for me to make it to either store. Heard on the radio this morning he sold 1 million copies yesterday alone! Wonder how official and accurate that info. really is.

Lisa

splitzer
08-31-2001, 10:30 PM
As soon as I have money - which I definitely don't - I'm going to run out and buy "Pull My Chain"! I've been trying for two weeks to win those tickets from KZLA, to no avail. Alas.

Garth Always,
Dani

changer
09-01-2001, 02:14 PM
I got my copy Thursday and already have almost all the song memorized! It's a great CD. There are some very sexy love songs, some good southern rock, and of course

I WANNA TALK ABOUT ME! I WANNA TALK ABOUT I! I WANNA TALK ABOUT NUMBER ONE, OLE ME OH MY!

Worth the wait and the bucks. Get yourself over to K-Mart or Walmart. As Toby said, "Anywhere you can buy a Garden Weasel, you can buy one of my CD's."

changer

splitzer
09-01-2001, 04:29 PM
I'm gonna go see Toby at the LA County fair next Saturday. :) I can't afford reserved seating, but it should still be awesome. :)

Garth Always,
Dani

fuzzwuzz
09-02-2001, 12:18 AM
I had read about Toby being a 'survivor' in Country Weekly. I think I need to keep looking for that cd. If my Wal-mart had any they sold out already yesterday. I looked.

splitzer
09-08-2001, 06:50 PM
Today's the day! I don't have reserved seating, so I'm off to the fair early. Hopefully I'll get decent seats. Wish me luck, MAYBE I'll get a chance to say hi from PlanetGarth. :)

Garth Always,
Dani

fuzzwuzz
09-09-2001, 12:32 AM
Dani! I can't wait to hear! I got Toby's cd and heard it went to #1 already! And I'm already lending it out at work. In fact, I've been lending out a lot of the country stuff lately that I've been buying. Is it just me, or are people hungry for this good music called country?

splitzer
09-09-2001, 09:07 PM
Well, the good news is that Toby's show was the biggest show in the history of the LA County Fair... the bad news is that because of that, there were a lot of people left wanting. Too many fans, not enough places to sit. We were off to the side of the stage, quite a ways away, behind a fence. It was really fun, don't get me wrong, but they weren't prepared for how popular Toby has become. He's good in concert... but he seemed a little uncomfortable... overwhelmed, sort of. I wish the show had been longer, too. It started about 30 minutes late - to allow as many people as possible to get settled... the line to enter the was still really long outside ten minutes after the intended start time.

It was a really fun show, though. :):)

Garth Always,
Dani