PDA

View Full Version : My Garthy story is done!!!

Vanessa
08-21-2001, 10:54 PM
For all ya'll who repsonded to my first post about this story, here is it.. Feedback is always welcome :)

“The path of light”

Garth doesn’t belong to me, although I wish he did!! Andrew, Tess and Monica don’t belong to me, they belong to CBS and the producers of "Touched By An Angel". :)

Ch 1

Garth, Tess, Andrew and Monica stood on a basketball court as they watched a 16 year old girl shoot a basket and miss. The girl grimaced as soon as the ball hit the floor. She sighed and picked the ball up and shot it again.

Monica looked over at Tess, she was standing next to Andrew and Garth and said “This girl obviously looks upset and angry, Tess. Why’s that?”

Tess replied knowingly “Her name is Sara babies and she’s one angry and defiant teenager. Her mom and dad just got a divorce and she doesn’t have many friends at school. Because of this, she has a low self-esteem.”

“She’s even tried to kill herself a few times” Andrew added with a note of sadness in his voice.

Monica looked shocked, she couldn’t believe why a person would want to kill themselves.

Garth stood there, watching the young girl not saying a word, he just stood there watching her.

He finally spoke up “So what do I have to do with this case Tess?” he asked his supervisor.

“Garth” she answered “you have everything to do with this case because this time, you’re going to be on your own. But don’t worry, we’ll all be here to help you back you up as you need it. You’re going to be Sara’s basketball coach.” the angle continued on.

Garth stood there with a shocked look on his face, he couldn’t believe that he was going to do this assignment all by himself!!

Tess waited for Garth to regain his composure and then she told Garth “I know you like to play basketball Garth, so that’s why the Father wanted you on this case. He knew that you would be the best angel for this case. You ca do it Garth. We’ll be right here if you ever need us.”

Garth smiled at his other angel friends and then watched them disappear into thin air. He sighed and began to walk over to Sara.

Ch 2

Sara angrily threw the basketball at the hoop and flinched as she watched it crash loudly on the floor. The teenage girl looked away in anger and disgust , she expected to hear the bal bounce several times on the floor. When she didn’t hear this, she turned back around and saw a man standing there. He smiled at Sara and walked out to her, ball in hand. Sara looked at the man standing in front of her, he looked to be 39years old.

Sara was a HUGE HUGE Garth Brooks fan and she couldn’t believe that he was walking towards her!! Sara felt herself get weak in the knees, her palms sweaty and her it was getting hard to breath. Sara also knew that she was going to faint ‘Oh no. This really isn’t what I wanted to happen when I met Garth’ this was her last thought as she felt the darkness overcome her.

Garth saw Sara faint and hit her head hard on the court floor with a sickening crack. When Sara came to, she opened her eyes and saw Garth looking down at her and she smiled. Sara’s head was in Garth’s lap, a much more comfortable place than the hard court floor.

Garth looked at Sara and said “Hi, my name’s Garth. You hit your head pretty hard on that floor, why don’t you let me get you come ice, you may have a concussion.”

Sara was silent for a few moments, she was locked in the gaze of Garth’s blue eyes. “Oh, I’m sorry Garth. My name’s Sara., This sure is an alarmingly way to meet each other, dontcha think?? what did you say??” in a small voice. Her voice barely above a whisper.

Garth just smiled at Sara and repeated what he’d said a few moments earlier, Garth then told her that he’d be right back, he was going to get some ice. Sara nodded her head and rested her head on the court floor and closed her eyes.

Sara thought to herself as she watched Garth walk away ‘You dummy, did you have to faint in front of Da Man..Garth Brooks?!? Oh well.. At least he’s here and not some other weirdo.’ Garth came back with ice and smiled as he put the ice on the young girls head and used his other hand to help her stand up. Sara smiled back at him, even thought she’d never seen Garth in concert, but through her friends at PlanetGarth.com she felt like she *really* had gotten to know the man who Garth is and was. This made her very happy. Garth helped Sara to the bench over where the bleachers were and they sat down.

Garth thought to himself as he helped this young girl over to the bleachers ‘Sara seems like a nice girl, but shy and scared of meeting knew people, but yet she trusts me, how is that Father?’ The Father replied ‘It will alright My angel, you’re doing the right thing. Do not worry everything will be alright and I am here for you always’ Garth smiled to himself as he felt the peace of the Father wash over him.

Ch 3

As the afternoon wore on, Garth and Sara sat there trying to talk to each other., but they couldn’t fond anything to talk about. Instead they just sat there lost in there thoughts, Sara had told Garth that she didn’t feel like talking to him and quickly got up and walked off. Garth sat there on the bench thinking to himself. “what the heck is with this girl?? One minute she and I are talking and the next we’re not and she just get up and walks off. Well Garth, why the heck are you sitting here?? Oh Father, what should I do??’ Garth raised his head towards the ceiling and closed his eyes and sighed. The angel then felt the peace of the Father come over him and Garth was happy because he knew that if he trusted Him that everything would be okay.

Sara didn’t know why she had walked off when she was sitting there in they gym with Garth. To her, it just didn’t seem right. She knew that Garth was being nice and all but still, she didn’t know if she could trust him. Sara didn’t believe in God, so what difference would it make if she was dead?? Sara looked up at the sky and noticed that it was getting dark, ‘I’d better get home before it gets really dark’ she thought to herself as she began the long walk home. Little did Sara know that the Devil was walking right behind her.

Sara saw a car coming down the street, little did she know that it was a dark angel and an angel nor of His light. As the car stopped, the young teenage girl looked at the man sitting in the car. He was wearing an all black suit and he had brown hair and jet black hair. He smiled at her and said “You look lost, do you need a ride? By the way, my name’s Lucifer.” Sara smiled at the Devil and got into the black car and drove off.

Garth got into his truck and had been searching for hours and hours as to where this young teenage girl could be. As he drove his truck around town, he came to the place where Sara and the Devil met. The angel put his head down on the steering wheel and sighed. When Garth looked up and saw that Andrew, Tess and Monica were all sitting in his truck and he smiled at them. Tess was the first to speak up “You all know that Sara just took a ride with the Devil and that this assignment is going to be one the harder ones that any of you- especially you Garth has ever worked on.” she said with a sigh.

All of the angel looked down the road, that about an hour before was occupied by a human and the Devil.

Ch 4

It was now around 11pm, Sara and Satan had been driving now for about 7 hours. Satan convinced Sara that if God loved her parents so much then why did they get a divorce and Sara believed what he said. He convinced her that he was her best friend and they he would never ever leave her, this Sara also believed. As they pulled into a motel, the Devil parked the car and shook Sara awake, she groggily got up and out of the car. The sleepy teenager followed Lucifer into a motel room and fell fast asleep. As she lay there sleeping on the bed the Devil just laughed because he knew that his plan was working perfectly.

Garth hadn’t given up hope looking for Sara and he continued all night and into the early morning, however he still couldn’t find her. The defeated angel finally gave up when Tess, Andrew and Monica convinced him that they would continue the search themselves as long as he got some sleep. Garth agreed and he slept like a rock the whole back to Tess’ house. Monica watched over Garth as he slept, just for safe keeping. While Andrew and Tess went out and searched for Sara.

Garth awoke to find Monica watching over him. He smiled at her and she said “Good morning Garth, I’ve made you some coffee and breakfast.” she said with a smile. Then the Irish angel walked out of the room and gave Garth some privacy to get dressed and looking presentable. When he came out of his room, he was wearing boxers and white t-shirt, he sat down at the table and said a prayer of thanks to Him for this food before him and for his friends. The Irish angel and Garth prayed to Him that they would find Sara and help her with her problems. They both said amen and began eating and drinking their coffee. After breakfast, Garth took a shower, after Monica did, they both felt refreshed and energetic in hopes of finding Sara. They set out that morning with high hopes.

As Sara woke up the next morning, she couldn’t remember where she was, then suddenly it all came rushing back to her like a tidal wave in full force. She began to weep softly to herself, Satan came over to Sara and comforted her. They talked awhile and then Satan told her that he had something for her that would take away all her pain. The Devil walked over to his bag of personal things and pulled out a small brown bag.

“This’ll make you feel really good Sara I promise you.” Satan said as he took out some white powder, a small glass plate and rolled up dollar bill.

Sara was shocked when Lucifer walked back over to her and handed it to her, she couldn’t believe that he actually had that kind of stuff. At first Sara stubbornly refused to do it, but Satan finally convinced the young teenage girl to try it and see if she liked it or not. Sara stood up and went to a nearby desk and laid the glass plate on the counter top, the Devil walked over to her and helped her snort the Cocaine that he’d brought for her. The high that she got was incredible, the young teenage girl couldn’t believe how good it felt to be free of all the pain that she’d been feeling these past several days. The Devil and Sara snorted coke and smoked too all day long, they did run out to get more food though so that they wouldn’t starve to death.

Garth and Monica finally met up with Andrew and Tess, they’d been searching all morning with out any success. As they sat in Garth’s truck, they prayed to Him that He would help His angels be able to find Sara before it was too late. They felt the peace of the Father wash over themselves as they sat their in Garth’s truck, they knew that they would find her; they just didn’t know when.

Ch 5

The third day, the 4 angels searched high and low for Sara, they even went back and figured out the direction the car had gone. This was a very good sign, as they sat in Garth’s truck they all sighed with relief, and happiness since they found a clue as to where the Devil and Sara could’ve gone off too. All 4 angels thanked Him for keeping them all sane. It was now mid morning and they decided to go off and search for Sara and the Devil.

It was mid morning, around 10am fro the Devil and Sara, they’d passed out from exashtion-from staying up all night snorting Cocaine and smoking. Sara opened her eyes and groaned as the light blinded her, she smiled to herself as she recalled from the night before the fun that she and Satan had. Sara soon forgot all about Garth and all of the pain that she’d been feeling for the past 16 years of her life. Sara slowly opened her eyes again but this time she used her arm and blocked out the painful light that was coming through from a near by window.

The strung out teenage girl sat up and got off the bed and stumbled to the desk and sat down, she looked around for the glass plate and the rolled up dollar bill that she’d used last night, she finally found it and snorted the fine white powder that lay before her. She sniffled, like she had a cold but she knew that she didn’t one. Sara put the glass plate and rolled up dollar bill on the desk, got up and walked over to where Lucifer kept the smokes. She took one out, lit it, took a drag and smiled. Sara looked at the Devil lying there on the bed, passed out. ‘I wonder what we’re going to do today??’ she thought to herself as she took another drag. ‘This is going to be a good day.” she thought to herself as she got up and went to the bathroom.

As Monica, Andrew and Tess sat in the back of Garth’s truck, they looked all around searching for a hotel or motel or anything that would give them a clue as where Lucifer and Sara went off too. They’d been driving for hours and hadn’t even seen a single hotel or motel!! Garth and the other angels just hoped that they would find one in time.

Ch 6-Conclusion!!! WARNING:LONG CHAPTER!!!

Garth and the trio of angels in the bed of his truck had been driving around all morning.

Andrew was the first to point out “Look!, there’s a hotel and your red Caddy Tess”

“Oh my poor Baby!!” Tess said in shock.

Garth quickly turned into the hotel parking lo, parked his truck and jumped out. The other 3 angels quickly followed him. Garth tried the door, but found it to be locked. Suddenly, with all his might, kicked it open. Tess, Monica and Andrew just looked at each other in surprise.

Sara couldn’t see the other 3 angels who were standing right next to Garth, Sara could only see Garth. He barged in and was shocked at the sight before him. Sara and Lucifer were high strung, and this scared him a bit. Having never seen anything like this before, he took a step back in shock. Garth suddenly remember what he was to do here and the brave but somewhat still shocked angel took a step forward again. He could see that Lucifer and Sara were just standing there, waiting for Garth to say or do something.

Garth sighed and finally spoke “Look Sara what you’re doing is wrong and you know it! You’re not hanging out with some guy, this is the Devil you’ve been with the past several days!!” Garth said as he stepped toward her.

Sara couldn’t believe what Garth was telling her. “You lie Garth, You’ve gotta be kidding me??!? This guys the best thing that happened to me a in along time!! He cares about me, he’ll never leave me he’s my friend!!” she screamed at him in anger.

Sara looked at Garth, her eyes were wide with surprise and fear that he might actually be right. Garth smiled at her a little and took a step towards the frightened and high teenage girl. The scared young girl saw that the angel was trying to be nice and smiled back, but she still took a step back to where the Devil sat on the bed.

The Devil saw who Garth was and shuttered inside. “Go away Garth, she’s mine and you know it!!” Satan hissed at the angel. The Devil knew who Garth was and suddenly vanished into thin air.

“Nope, I’m not gonna leave Lucifer ‘cause I’m here to help and protect her and to make sure that you don’t take her away!!” Garth said defiantly as he took a step towards Sara.

Sara sensed something about Garth, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. She knew that he was special and kind and had extremely blue eyes that she just got lost in always as she looked at him. She loved those Wrangler leans and those big pouty lips and those hips and those legs..

In the midst of all of her day dreaming, she hadn’t really noticed that the devil was gone and that Garth was giving her a huge hug (a big Garthsqueezie for all you Garth Nutts out there). Garth just held her as she cried. After she finished crying and had dried her tears, Garth let her go and she sat on the bed.

Garth smiled back at her and then he began to glow. “What’s going on??” Sara stammered as she began to back up slowly. “Don’t be afraid Sara, I’m an angel sent by God to tell you that he loves you, but he’s disappointed that this is the road in life you chose to take. He will help you if you want it, all you have to do is to ask.” Garth said with a smile.

Sara couldn’t believe what she was hearing ‘Garth.. Angel.. Heaven.. God loves me..’ she though to herself. Before Sara knew it, she had fainted and was lying in the arms of Garth, who was still by the way glowing and smiling at her.

“Sara, I know that you don’t believe in God, but I’m gonna tell you about Him and it’s your decision if you want his help or not.” the angel said with a smile.

Garth told Sara about His love for her and how much He wants to help her. Garth also told Sara about Heaven and how beautiful it was. In the end, Sara accepted His love and felt peace and love surround her, she felt very happy. The teenage girl smiled up at Garth who was now wearing, faded blue Wranglers, a Chris LeDoux baseball cap, Chicago Bulls T-shirt and work boots. They both knew that everything was going to be alright, she leaned over to Garth and kissed him on the cheek as a dove flew overhead.

:)

Vanessa :)

MT4GB
08-21-2001, 11:04 PM
Wow I am impress Vanessa! Good job and good story! Keep writing these stories! They are wonderful!

Nancy

Vanessa
08-21-2001, 11:14 PM
Thanks Nancy!! That means a lot comming from you :) I apprecaite it!! I have about 3 more ideas in my head.. :) :)

ImaGBbeliever
08-22-2001, 05:38 PM
Great story, Vanessa!:D :D
Keep up the great work!!

Kristi

Wendi5000
08-22-2001, 08:20 PM
It sounds really good Vanessa, maybe you should submit it as a possible "Touched By An Angel" episode :).

Hawk7lte
08-22-2001, 09:42 PM
Hmmmmmm - you have talent I do believe.

And you're thinking about the right things too.

Gee, what more could anyone ask for -

and young too :) wow, you got it going on for you!

Keep up the good work!

:D
Hawk

wizard2C
08-22-2001, 10:08 PM
Hi!

Vanessa, that's a terrific story. Yes, I would try submitting it in. If you need a storyboard for it, let me know and I can do one for you on my computer. :D ;) :cool:

Carol
Wizard2C@excite.com

Garthfan92
08-22-2001, 10:38 PM
That would make a great episode, Vanessa! Glad you decided to finish it.

Lisa

Vanessa
08-22-2001, 11:10 PM
Thanks everyone for thier comments.. :)

Wendi- the people at CBS, don't like people submitting their stories to 'em.. altho, I don't know why!! :( :confused: :o

Carol- what's a storyboard?? :confused: :rolleyes:

Thanks Lisa and Hawk for your comments. :) I'm glad I finsihed it too!! :)

wizard2C
08-22-2001, 11:46 PM
Hi!

Vanessa, you may have to submit to the producers of the program and not CBS.

Anyhow, whenever you have a script for a movie, TV film, or even a music video, you need a storyboard. It shows in sketch form the sequence of events. More than likely it's not needed when submitting a draft script. It kinda, in my opinion, heightens your presentation...gives you an edge over the competition. The storyboard is then used by the production department so they have a visual idea of what the story is about and thensome. You can e-mail me and I can give you a better idea. I do like the story though. I think you should follow thru....as Garth says, "you never know".

I feel embarrassed here....but I've been rearranging and have rearranged the address to GB Management in Nashville. I know I have it but can't find! Can anyone help me here with the address? :eek: Please! Please!

Carol
Wizard2C

"Dance!Sing!Fun1" a 2002 World-wide Children's Charities Event!

:cool: ;)

fuzzwuzz
08-23-2001, 12:29 AM
Vanessa, I'm laughing and smiling so hard right now. That came from your heart.

I have heard a lot of good things about this show, Touched By An Angel. Well, your Garth angel sure touched me. Thank-you.

And also, thanks for reminding us the devil is still out there, with his noose in hand, ready to 'befriend' us and slip it around our necks when we least expect it. Once he tightens it, he don't let go too easily. Like Tim McGraw's "Angel Boy", I've been there. Thank God Garth's an expert at Ropin' the Wind and rescuing God's fallen 'angels' like Sara, huh?

Vanessa
08-23-2001, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by wizard2C
Hi!

Vanessa, you may have to submit to the producers of the program and not CBS.

What's the difference between the producers of thr program and CBS?? :confused:

I feel embarrassed here....but I've been rearranging and have rearranged the address to GB Management in Nashville. I know I have it but can't find! Can anyone help me here with the address? :eek: Please! Please!

Here's the GBM address:
G. B. Management
1111 17th Ave. S.
Nashville, TN 37212

(615) 329-0166

Thanks explaining that to me Carol, I understand it now :)

Dale- I'm glad that you liked the story so much. I love this show, I'm addicted to it!! :D If you ever wanna watch it you can check your local listings.. I think that you'd really realy like this show!! :)

I think that that's really :cool: that you metion this: Thank God Garth's an expert at Ropin' the Wind and rescuing God's fallen 'angels' like Sara, huh?

I totally agree too!!! very :cool: :)

wizard2C
08-23-2001, 12:53 AM
Hi!

Thanks, Vanessa, for the addy. Now I can get my mail off. Not certain, but there may be a production company that handles those scripts. You may want to check the credits on the show. It is a great show though....isn't it refreshing not to see car chases and people killing people all the time.

Yes, Dale, the devil challenges us with his temptations. We are always on-guard though. :eek:

Carol
Wizard2C

Does the G-Man stare at anyone else while they type....or is it just me??? :confused:

fuzzwuzz
08-23-2001, 02:06 AM
It's just wonderful to know 'God' is getting around these days and making His 'comeback'. He said he would. He makes all the difference in the world. It's not as if He's better than nothing. Or is He?

Vanessa
08-23-2001, 12:11 PM
you're welcome Carol, I was glad to help :)

I agree with you,this show is one of my favorites 'cause it doens'r show car chases and drive by shootings.. it shows how people's lives are affected by anhels and the words "God Loves You". very :cool:!! :)

Thanks Dale for your comment, very insightful!! :)