PDA

View Full Version : Colleen

Faye Edwards
08-15-2001, 12:00 AM
Hawk
You wondered why Colleen wasn't in Fort Worth too. The shows were in Dallas Fri. Sat. & Sun . one week-end and the same days in Fort Worth the next week-end.She had been in treatment earlier and we just wondered if maybe she wasn't strong enough to come back for the second set of shows. But I guess that not getting to meet her will always be a big regret for Sherri and I.I have a picture of her Garth doll that I will post if you'd like to see it, that is if I can figure out how to. I don't have a lot of computer savvy.

GRTH FAN
08-15-2001, 02:18 AM
I would love to see the doll! please let us see it!!
Donna :)

Faye Edwards
08-15-2001, 10:06 AM
Donna,
Thanks for asking about a picture of the Garth doll. I would love to show it if I could learn how to do it. I've been trying to get it on and just haven't figured out how. Help!!I'll get my daughter to come over and show me. She's much more computer smart than I am.Which wouldn't have to be much!!!

loreli
08-15-2001, 10:19 AM
I would love to see the picture too :)

Lori

CheyenneWindRoper
08-15-2001, 11:37 AM
Me too!

:)
Mary Liz

Vanessa
08-15-2001, 02:08 PM
me too :)

Vanessa :)

TracyByrdFan
08-15-2001, 02:18 PM
I would LOVE to see the picture's
also...

Angela... :p :eek: :cool:

TracyByrdFan
08-15-2001, 02:21 PM
OOOoops I mean Picture...
(Sorry)!

Angela...:mad: :o :( :eek: :p

Faye Edwards
08-30-2001, 03:04 PM
I am going to try this again. The Garth Pouty Doll I made for Colleen

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
08-30-2001, 03:14 PM
Oh Faye! That is absolutely adorable! :D Thanks so much for sharing the picture :)

CC

Faye Edwards
08-30-2001, 03:35 PM
I finally got someone to show this "computer illerate" grandma how to send an attachment.I would love to have ever heard again from Colleen to know what she thought about the doll. But we hope she enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed making it for her.
Faye

ProducerJ
08-30-2001, 04:42 PM
FAYE!!!!!!! That is the CUTEST!!!!

I'm just a - guessin' here that you could find quite a nice market for those dolls here in PG if you were looking for a side gig!

Seeing it reminds me that I saved a dress of Delaynie's that I was going to use to do one of those dolls with, but couldn't ever find the forms. Did you sew the body from scratch, or are they availible somewhere?
J.

Faye Edwards
08-30-2001, 05:34 PM
Joyce, we make the body and stuff it. They,(I talk about them like they're kids)wear size 2 toddler clothes. I really doubt there would be too much of a market, that particular one was fairly expensive to make. By the time we buy the boots, usually at garage sales, the hat was new and the guitar was real so we spent quite a bit, not even counting the clothes and supplies for the body. So someone would have to REALLY want one to pay what we would have to charge. I have a pattern for the body I would be glad to send to you if you'd like.Anyway, I'm glad you liked it
Faye

Hawk7lte
08-31-2001, 01:19 AM
Warm chuckles.

So cute - that doll.

Hawk

redstrokes77
08-31-2001, 08:36 AM
Somehow I can picture Garth as a little kid spending his time "thinking" about things while standing in a corner!

deb

Crackers
08-31-2001, 02:42 PM
I was picturing the same thing, Deb. But, somehow, I can't imagine Garth being able to hold still enough to stand in a corner for very long.

Honeybunny31
09-01-2001, 01:26 AM
That is adorable....

:) :) :) :)

Lisa

Garthfan92
09-01-2001, 11:45 AM
That is so cute! I agree that Garth couldn't stand still very long though. He's always been the type that has to keep busy and keep moving.

Lisa

Hawk7lte
09-01-2001, 11:55 AM
"Must have been something really important if she had to leave and go back to Ok after taking the time to call you on the phone. Don't you know she probably was sorry too that she didn't get to talk with you in person."

Faye -

No - I didn't wonder. I had a pretty good idea what it might have been and that was my way of saying it! And most likely it would have been her health - she was someone who went out of her way for people - consistently. But I didn't want to think about all that again.

The relationships with you all were important to her, she would have followed through with meeting you in almost any other circumstance.

And that doll would have been precious to her - such a sweet, sweet gift.

I can imagine someone putting Garth in time out - in ways that's what he does to himself just to think things over at times.

Hawk

wizard2C
09-01-2001, 11:38 PM
Hi!

That is so cute...just like Garth. Garth cornered....well??
(lol). Sounds like me, I never sit long in one place (okay, except the computer)...which reminds me to start skating again.:rolleyes:

Knowing Garth, he probably talked his way out of sitting in the corner....you know with his blue eyes and all.

Yes, we do have a lot of talent here....but that's good!

Carol
Wizard2C;)

-------------------

"Dance!Sing!Fun!" a 2002 world-wide children's charities event!.....That white bird called "Freedom" will fly us away...WE SHALL BE FREE!

CheyenneWindRoper
09-02-2001, 09:29 AM
Faye ~

The doll is so very cute and you did an excellent job, not only making it, but the thought behind it! A very dear PG'er sent me one, 2 birthdays ago, that she made for me...Thanks Jewels!(GBNut)...and I just love my "Time Out Garth" too. Mine is almost exactly like the one you made ~ jeans, black hat, black boots, blue shirt ~ only my shirt is a little different, more like Garth's Ropin The Wind shirt. I am definitely going to have to get a guitar for mine ~ seems the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for sharing your heart with us with your story about Colleen. What a loss this world has had to endure the day that dear sweet lady went to be an ANGEL! We miss you Colleen! Thanks for being who you were and all you did! We will do our best to emulate you!

Mary Liz

SummerWind
09-03-2001, 03:07 PM
What an adorable doll! Thanks for sharing the pic :)

Faye Edwards
09-03-2001, 04:12 PM
Thanks, everyone, for all the nice comments about the Garth Pouty Doll.We enjoyed making it and feel sure that Colleen enjoyed it also. It is amazing how people react to the dolls. My daughter and I have taken our "Pouty Pals" to craft shows and people will smile at them as they go by,even if they don't stop. It's like they are relating to a child. I could just imagine Colleen's smile when it was given to her.I hope it brought her as much pleasure as we got from making it for her.I still feel like crying over the fact that we didn't connect so we could give it to her personally but if it brought her a smile, it fulfilled it's purpose. Thanks again guys
Faye