PDA

View Full Version : Countrystars.com news

MT4GB
08-14-2001, 11:42 PM
This was on the countrystars.com website: Garth has said his touring days are over. His new country album due out possibly before Christmas-he will not do tour in support of the record. He said that he might do a series of tv specials to promote the record, but he has not confirmed that he will do so! Boy the waiting of this cd is driving me nuts! Must have Garth fix!

Nancy

Vanessa
08-15-2001, 12:15 AM
Nancy-that's sad news that Garth's not gonna tour for his new cd :( :( :( but that's good news if he does a series of tv specials :)

Thanks for the info :)

Vanessa :)

onair
08-15-2001, 06:53 PM
If this is going to the "final Studio album", then Garth needs to do a radio tour in support of the album. I understand that TV is the easiest way for him to reach the largest audience base but TV was not there for Garth in the late 80's and early 90's...it was Country Radio that was there to help start Garth's career. Maybe I am being a little over emotional and maybe I feel like he owes radio something, but if this is the grand finale he should go out just like he came in!

onair

Chris Gaines
08-15-2001, 06:56 PM
Garth never said this was his final album.

Garth is NOT leaving the business.. just leaving "touring"

Jason

angelamccann
08-15-2001, 07:01 PM
And if anyone doubts what Jason is saying, go back to the interviews he's given in print and on radio, and to the press conference last year. I have not read or heard from Garth's mouth the words 'this is my last album' or 'this is my final album' and I'd be interested to know if anyone else has, and where they heard it!

In the press conference Garth even says he doesn't want this album to be called the last album, but the *best*. He's not saying necessarily that he'll make more albums - but he obviously hasn't ruled it out completely IMHO :)

Angela x

Chris Gaines
08-15-2001, 07:03 PM
Thanks You Angela..

Fine points indeed :)

Jason

meli
08-15-2001, 07:37 PM
and actually this idea of the TV specials isn't news, either. Garth has been saying that about this release for awhile now. I think the original idea Garth had was to do the series of specials kind of as a limited series for TV.

I kinda like the idea of Garth hosting something of a variety show. Hmm......

garthine
08-15-2001, 08:03 PM
So does this mean that Garth will not do the opry again ?

or is it possible that he might in the future ???

babyblue777
08-15-2001, 08:30 PM
If he wants to promote the album well, and he's in Nashville anyway, I'd think he'd do the Opry(TV part at least).I think he's in Nashville cutting the album, does anyone know when he goes back to Oklahoma?

wmcinnis
08-15-2001, 09:38 PM
Whatever he chooses to do whether it be T.V, radio or otherwise, I'll just be happy to hear what he has in store for us on this album:)
-Susan-

CheyenneWindRoper
08-15-2001, 10:01 PM
I second that Susan! :D

A few TV shows will be nice and plenty enough considering everything else Garth has done for us for so long!:) It will be comforting to know that he is tucking those babies, oops ~ sorry :( Taylor, August and Allie ~ those big girls in at night! Garth will be where he needs to be and do right by his fans too. Y'all just watch!:)

:)
Mary Liz

majmom
08-15-2001, 11:03 PM
Right On, ML:cool: (Don't worry, I swear I won't even say the word "groovy' in this post!):p

if ya BELIEVE;), nutts, ya KNOW it's true - WHATEVER Garth decides to do - he'll do right by us :D

Kerry

CheyenneWindRoper
08-15-2001, 11:17 PM
Oh my Kerry, you crack me up girl! (*Right here is where we need a smilie with a big toothy grin! *)

Here Kerry ~ have a couple of Pina Coladas (one for each hand) and chill with me....we'll be waiting patiently together cuz we know Garth won't ever forget us!;) Right? :confused: Right! :D

Huggs,
Mary Liz

PS Groovy is absolutely cool and b*tchin with me!

Vanessa
08-15-2001, 11:29 PM
ROTFLOL.. tooo funny Kerry and Maryliz.. I guess I'll be waitng with ya'll too!! :) Hey can ya pass me an Iced Tea please?? :D ;)

CheyenneWindRoper
08-16-2001, 12:08 AM
The only iced tea I have around came to me from Long Island. May I see some ID please?

Mary Liz

no1cowgirl
08-16-2001, 12:49 AM
*LOL* You're too much, Mary Liz.

Krista

CheyenneWindRoper
08-16-2001, 12:53 AM
Hey Krista,

Your drink is getting all watered down waiting for you.:p Where the heck were you during CFD?:rolleyes:

Mary Liz

ImaGBbeliever
08-16-2001, 09:32 AM
Hey guys, I don't want to interupt the party, but about the original topic, didn't Garth say that he didn't want to be a "Weekend Warrior" when it came to touring, and that he thought his job for the Opry was to let everyone know that it was the highlight of his career??
I took that to mean that his appearances on the Opry would be very limited.
:confused: :confused:
Does any one else remember this?
What do you think? Personally, I don't think he could stay away from the Opry for long.

Believing,
Kristi

ImaGBbeliever
08-16-2001, 10:18 AM
Hey guys, I don't want to interupt the party, but about the original topic, didn't Garth say that he didn't want to be a "Weekend Warrior" when it came to touring, and that he thought his job for the Opry was to let everyone know that it was the highlight of his career??
I took that to mean that his appearances on the Opry would be very limited.
:confused: :confused:
Does any one else remember this?
What do you think? Personally, I don't think he could stay away from the Opry for long.

Believing,
Kristi

MT4GB
08-16-2001, 01:28 PM
Hmmm! To be honest about this I think Garth has something up his sleeves and he has a wonderful surprise waiting for his fans! Too bad he does not want to tour during the summer like Martina does! I think that would be great but I do respect Garth's decision!

Nancy

Vanessa
08-16-2001, 01:29 PM
LOL Maryliz.. you're too much!! :)

Vanessa :D

majmom
08-16-2001, 02:08 PM
I THOUGHT you'd appreciate that, ML!;) Sorry I couldn't continue the banter last night - my 'puter was not cooperating (I was on the old one, and she works but she's slooowww - kinda like her owner):eek:

Thanks for the 2 PCs, ML - LI ITs scare me a little (LOL-and here I thought I killed that brain cell!)

Soooo...ya want ID, do ya? OK, then, I'll show ya, but I'll have to kill ya! (J/K, of course - I'd be happy to show you, but it's in Black and White!)

ML - if we drink PCs until the album comes out, who's gonna drive us to Walmart to buy it - not to mention figure out how much to pay - sheesh - I don't like to do math in public as it is!

Someday, girl, we'll have those 2 (or so) PCs in person - I BELIEVE!

All I know is that wherever, whenever, whatever - I'm planning on being there - even if it's hanging around outside the studio while TV shows are being taped!

Kerry (and ML, chillin' and "feelin' groovy" *na na na na na na na*)

Vanessa
08-16-2001, 02:24 PM
Hey Kerry.. I'll drive ya'll to Walmart if

Vanessa
08-16-2001, 02:25 PM
Hey Kerry.. I'll drive ya'll to Walmart if that's okay with ya'll?? hehehe ;) :D

majmom
08-16-2001, 11:20 PM
You're On, Vanessa - and THANKS for the very generous offer:cool:

Kerry

Vanessa
08-16-2001, 11:33 PM
You're very welcome Kerry!!! :D ;)

CheyenneWindRoper
08-17-2001, 12:07 AM
I could sit and chill with you til the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars! ;)

So just pull up a blanket..... We'll sit here under this tree in the park, string beads and make flower wreaths to wear in our hair while we wait all decked out in our tie dyes & hip huggers for Garth's new album!

:D
Mary Liz

Vanessa
08-17-2001, 12:39 AM
hey maryliz & kerry, can I join ya'll while you sit there under the tree and chill out?? :D :D

vanessa :)