PDA

View Full Version : Sum 41

no1cowgirl
08-02-2001, 04:53 PM
Crazy. Absolutely crazy! I've been catching this band on MTV's TRL a lot lately, and last night they played at MTV's 20th Birthday Bash: Live & Almost Legal. Let me tell you, this band is something else!

Their debut single, "Fat Lip", is an ecelectic mix of SO many different types of music. The song starts out with music that has a rock/rap sound--kind of resembling Limp Bizkit or the Kottonmouth Kings. Then the song goes into a short rock sound, then the chorus breaks into music that sounds like Blink 182. The song keeps rolling on, and has melodic part with an almost pop rock influence to it, then goes back to the rock and the Blink 182 chorus. If this mix of music isn't enough, there's a slight pause in the song...and the song breaks into a TOTALLY different sound. It's a cross of Heavy Metal and 80's music. During the whole song, there's a major punk influence to it. It's absolutely crazy! This song is off the hook. I'm not into this "unhappy punk mad rock" music, but this song is something totally different.

The lead singer of Judas Priest (sorry, I don't remember his name) said that these guys are the future of Heavy Metal. He even played with 'em last night, along with Tommy Lee. It was absoutely crazy. This song is amazing. It's not everyday that you get to hear a band that has such a wide range of musical influences, and pulls it all together gracefully. Absolutely amazing.

Krista

http://www.sum41.com

Garthmedic
08-02-2001, 04:57 PM
Rob Halford was the lead singer for Judas Priest. He is a solo artist, now.

--spud--:)

no1cowgirl
08-02-2001, 05:01 PM
Spud-
Yup! That's it! :)

Krista

Lowell Miller
08-02-2001, 06:03 PM
Sum 41 are cool. :cool: It was great seeing Rob Halford in the spotlight again. :) Sum 41 are short little fellows aren't they? ;)

no1cowgirl
08-02-2001, 10:48 PM
Lowell-
Yup they are! :)

Krista

AgainstTheGrain
08-03-2001, 02:16 AM
heavy metal ?????? arent they a punk band?:confused:

hugeGBnutt
08-03-2001, 10:45 AM
i have the album; its really good!:cool: ....i agree, they are more of a punk band....

.Ari.

no1cowgirl
08-03-2001, 09:29 PM
Yeah....but....apparently Rob Halford sees something in them. :)

Krista