PDA

View Full Version : Sara Evans Song...Need Help ASAP!!

AbsoluteFLGarthNut
07-30-2001, 11:58 AM
Hey gang,

I know it's been a very long time since I posted here but...
You guys have always come through for me before...

I need help.

The song by Sara Evan (Could not ask for more I think is the title) my sister seems to think that there is a version sung by a man. Is there such a version and who is the guy singing it. :confused:

Thanks

Karin
AbsoluteFLGarthNut

redstrokes77
07-30-2001, 12:00 PM
Edwin McCain

What do I win?;)

deb

AbsoluteFLGarthNut
07-30-2001, 12:36 PM
Thanks Deb!!

The only prize I have to give ya is a big (((((HUG)))))

My sister wanted to use that song for her wedding but she didn't know if she liked the guy version or the girl version (I wasn't aware that there was a guy version...) and she didn't know who sang it.

So big (((HUGS)) to you for helping out a slightly paniced bride.:D

Karin

Pilgrim
07-30-2001, 01:55 PM
Welcome back karin:D:D

and congrats to your sister:D:D:D
Very cool:cool:

Brian

AbsoluteFLGarthNut
07-30-2001, 02:56 PM
***BIG WAVE TO BRIAN!!!***

I've still been lurking a bit. :eek:

Hope all is well!!

Karin

fuzzwuzz
07-30-2001, 03:25 PM
I fell in love with Edwin singing this song as the opening track to The Message in a Bottle soundtrack. The movie touches me as deeply as the song. There are other songs on that CD too by other artists just as good.

redstrokes77
07-30-2001, 04:07 PM
Hugs are the best prizes, aren't they?

deb

Pilgrim
07-30-2001, 06:57 PM
Everything is well here:D:cool:

No problems:)

Brian

AgainstTheGrain
07-31-2001, 03:26 AM
lol.. brian... speak for yourself :p

DriftinAway
09-03-2001, 03:45 AM
I have to agree with fuzzwuzz on this. Message in a Bottle is an awesome movie. I also had the task of having my brother in law's future wife listen to both versions of this song. In the end, Sara won my future sis in laws heart with her version, which I love. Edwin McCain does a wonderful job with the song. Not too many people can make a remake of a song with out killing it, as Dolly Parton did with Collective Soul's "Shine.":eek: But Sara did that song justice. It's a toss up for me on which version is better. I suppose I could say I like them equal. Depends on my mood I guess

fuzzwuzz
09-03-2001, 08:54 PM
DriftinAway, are you sure you are not trying to egg me on to blast Dolly's version of Csoul's Shine??;)(One of my all-time fave bands) No way! It's awesome with all those strings and steel guitar! And Dolly takes the lyrics to heavenly heights right here on earth. This is the FIRST time I ever gave her music a chance. She blew me away. And Sara Evans does great with her version of the other tune. Ed's just melts me more.

I guess what I'm saying is, I used to be too quick to judge before I fully let a singer win me over. Now I know there is less trash out there than I once believed. Some good leftovers too!

DriftinAway
09-03-2001, 11:29 PM
Fuzzwuzz, I was not trying to egg you on. I was simply stating my opinion. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I like some of Dolly's songs. But personally, I do not like her version of "Shine."
And I said I absolutely loved both versions of "I Could Not Ask For More" I simply stated that Sara's version won my sister in law's heart. I have both versions on my computer. I am fairly new here, and I don't want to start anything with anyone. So maybe I can just not post anymore:(

fuzzwuzz
09-04-2001, 12:54 AM
And Dolly's version of Shine won my heart. So why are you upset? I'm not with yours. It was all in fun. Please stay. I don't bite.

Our opinions on songs matter little and are not worth fighting over. Read my post again. I am not blasting you. Merely stating my opinion also.

Hey! Maybe I can successfully egg you on to like Dolly's new version of Shine! Would that be such a bad thing?;)

DriftinAway
09-04-2001, 11:05 PM
Alrighty. I am going to say this.... I'm sorry fuzzwuzz. I may have taken what you said the wrong way. I admit it! (I don't do that often) Anyways, I don't bite either (much) haha! But seriously, I'm sorry.
And about you gettin' me to like Dolly's version of "Shine," miracles do happen, right? :D
I think I will stick around for a while, if ya don't mind :)I like it here.

fuzzwuzz
09-04-2001, 11:57 PM
Me too! :)

ImaGBbeliever
09-06-2001, 04:29 PM
Hey, since we're talking about Dolly's "Shine"... Fuzz you mentioned the strings in that song. The mandolin and fiddle player are from the group Nickel Creek... OUTSTANDING! I totally recommend them... Have you heard them yet?

Kristi

fuzzwuzz
09-06-2001, 11:56 PM
Yes Kristi. I saw them first on Dolly's video and then one of their's later. And I tried to listen twice to the online listening party but I keep getting bumped off it. Loved what I did see and hear though.