PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Brooks and...

Yukongirls
07-29-2001, 10:33 PM
Susan Ashton???

Does anyone know anything about them getting married yet, or not? We remember last year or so they were engaged but haven't heard anything since then. :)

Leanne & Michelle

Monica Lockhart
07-29-2001, 10:58 PM
I read somewhere that they had already tied the knot... can't remember when, but I did hear they are now married.

Moni

countyfair_85
07-29-2001, 11:16 PM
I heard the same thing as Moni...but I can't remember where either!

Wasn't it Susan Ashton that was with Garth in Ireland on the stage singing backup with Trisha Yearwood?
She's a famous Christian singer isn't she?

-Diane

Vanessa
07-30-2001, 12:26 AM
Diane-

I believe that you're exactly right with that info.. :)

Vanessa :)

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
07-30-2001, 12:38 AM
You know, I'm not really sure about this one...

When I went to the Hollywood Bowl last June, I'm not sure how long it had been since they had announced their engagement, but when I saw Kelly, I made a point of telling him 'CONGRATULATIONS!!!' on the 'engagement'. Later on, someone told me that they were pretty sure that Kelly and Susan had already gotten married by the time I said that to him, so I felt kinda dumb about the whole thing. Someone else, fairly recently, said that they had already gotten married a while back, as well. But what's really confusing to me is that when I was in Nashville (I'm PRETTY sure it was the last time, in March), I went into GB Management and said 'hi' to one of the gals who works in there, whom I had met before. There was a vase of flowers on the counter that had an envelope attached with 'Susan Ashton' written on it, so I asked the gal if Kelly and Susan had already gotten married, and she said no, they had not. In fact (and this is just a 'woman's intuition' thing, not fact), I got the feeling, from the way she answered, and the expression on her face, that maybe something wasn't quite 'right' between them, like maybe the engagement had been called off or something. Like I said, it was just a feeling that I got, I'm not claiming to know for sure, but the thing I AM sure that she SAID was that they had NOT gotten married yet. Sooooooo.......

I dunno.

fuzzwuzz
07-30-2001, 03:55 PM
You may be right. According to Amber, who saw James Carver maybe when he recently performed with Rascal Flatts? Anyway, a member of Stillwater still active in music told her that Kelly and Susan have decided to take it slower and not rush into anything. Remember Amber sharing that with us Diane? She also updated us on the rest of Stillwater's members. Can you remember what she said? I know Deb Nims had left the tour to have a baby. But what else?

nelty
07-30-2001, 04:29 PM
No offence people...

but don't you think that this topic shouldn't be discussed here on the forum. So what if they did or did not... They certainly do not need our/your approval.

Until they made an offical announcement, let's just be happy and congradulate them "quietly", if not, let's hope that everything is ok and wish them the very best.

Out of respect for Kelly and Susan, I just don't think its right for us to talk about this in public.

Nelly

jstensig
07-30-2001, 04:31 PM
It's not like people are gossiping.... They just talk about people they care for.

Jakob

Yukongirls
07-30-2001, 04:36 PM
Thanks to the people who answered this thread. But now we are a little confused is it yes or no?? Does anyone know for sure? :)

To answer some other questions on here. Yes it was Susan on the Ireland show and yes she was a christian singer.

Fuzzwuzz,

I think the band member you are referring to is Jimmy Mattingly since he is the one with Rascal Flatts. :) And Debbie is married to Harely Allen a songwriter and they have another kid now. :D

L & M

Yukongirls
07-30-2001, 04:40 PM
They certainly do not need our/your approval.

We were not giving any kind of approval. We were just wondering what is going on. Sorry if we have offended you anyway. :) Just asking a simple harmless question. :)

Leanne & Michelle

Crackers
07-30-2001, 04:57 PM
I don't see ANYTHING wrong with asking the question... or with reporting what you have heard. It's not like it's some kind of a "scandal". It's just about two people getting married or not getting married. SHEESH!!!!

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
07-30-2001, 05:38 PM
Nelly,

I'm very sorry if I offended you. A question was asked. i had what I felt was information regarding the question, so I shared, simple as that. I didn't feel that it was gossiping, I wasn't trying to express approval/disapproval, and it's not like the gal at GBM told me anything in confidence, in fact, the only thing she told me is that they had not gotten married, that's all. Just a simple fact. Perhaps I should have kept my 'intuition' to myself, or at least have worded it differently. For that I apologize. It was just something about her demeaner(sp?) that told me it wasn't exactly a 'positive' topic and to leave it alone. I'm not saying that something is/was SERIOUSLY wrong, just that it seemed as though things were not progressing in the manner that we all may have expected. No biggie, I'm not worked up over it and I don't think anyone else is either. The details are their business, that I will agree. Things happen. No point in keeping that a secret or avoiding it.

Anyway, maybe I've muddled it up even more, by making this post. I don't know. All I know is that I never intended to turn it into a 'hot topic' or 'scandal' or whatever. It was just that everyone seemed to be thinking that they had already gotten married, a long time ago, and I had info to the contrary, from a pretty reliable source, and thought that it could/should be shared, to keep from perpetuating what could be a false assumption. I really don't think anything too terribly negative or controversial has been said, so I don't see why it would be such an issue.

Sorry for rambling, just my 77 cents. :)

Monica Lockhart
07-30-2001, 11:57 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the questions asked in this thread...

Nelly,

No harm was meant and I certainly don't think anyone would purposely post something malicious or unfounded. DeeDee was just reporting what she heard.

Lets keep this thread on topic, and not turn it into a personal attack on what should or shouldn't be talked about. If a topic is not appropriate for discussion, I will remove it...

As for now, this thread stays... :)

Monica

ProducerJ
07-31-2001, 12:28 AM
Monica -- and all the other forum moderators --

Has anyone told you lately how much we appreciate you?

You always have such a calm and level headed approach to maintaining control of this forum, even when people get hot headed.

Thank you for being so fair and non-judgemental and allowing the free flowing expressions and ideas and questions to be shared here.

We love you!
Joyce

nelty
07-31-2001, 09:10 AM
Thanks Monica for looking over the thread...

Dee Dee, you've got a PM...;)

All I'm just saying is, our of respect for Kelly and Susan, we shouldn't talk about the status of their relationship or marriage. That's all.

I guess I draw my line diff from everyone else...

Nelly

gbchick
08-09-2001, 12:26 AM
Hey Dale,
Just to let you know it was Jimmy Mattingly that I spoke with after the Rascal Flatts concert and not James Garver.
Jimmy did update me on what the members of Stillwater have been up to.
I am a huge Susan Ashton fan and have been for quite some time so I was curious about she and Kelly. He said that they are still dating but they just didn't want to rush into anything so are just taking time before they get married...plus Susan went through a divorce right before she and Kelly started dating.
Anyway, I don't mean to seem like I'm gossiping about them...I have the respect in the world for them I just wanted to let you know what I heard...and this was only a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks
Amber

no1cowgirl
08-09-2001, 12:42 AM
Amber-
Thanks for the info! :)

Krista

Hawk7lte
08-09-2001, 12:42 PM
Has there been any formal announcement other than that they're engaged? Flowers in a public area though - sure says a lot that is positive!

I see the minor wandering from the topic's path as a "cultural diversity" thing. And that catches my eye and makes me think. (Since cultural diversity is one of my "areas" - and sometimes something that I struggle with too.) But then thats part of the joy of these forums - you all have a way of making me think!

There are times that I'd like to share something - especially when it is so wonderful or beautiful; but if it involves someone else's private life; or even might be "private" - I choose not to share what I know because in the family/culture I was raised in - private information was kept private if somehow one became aware of it. A cultural influence that remains (and probably was based on survival values at one time).

In this case, this seems like public information - in that public announcements were made.

Like Nelly says - people have varying lines that are drawn - as do cultures.

And of course on this forum - it's up to the moderators to draw the lines. Bless 'em - sure wouldn't want that job!

:)
Hawk

CheyenneWindRoper
08-09-2001, 04:37 PM
Monica -- and all the other forum moderators --

Has anyone told you lately how much we appreciate you?

Joyce you took the words right outta my mouth! ;) Thanks for saying what should have been said long ago and certainly more often! :D

Very nice posts Dee Dee, Hawk & Amber. Dee Dee ~ We saw the same flowers you mentioned last March too!:) Awww, I just melted when I noticed them sitting on the front desk and the card with her name on it! **sighs**

Kelly must be a romantic at heart! **swoons** Lucky Susan!!!

Mary Liz

fuzzwuzz
08-10-2001, 01:20 AM
Oh hi Amber! Thanks for updating us! And also for getting my note to Garth in Philly. You go girl! Say 'hi' to Josh for me!

CheyenneWindRoper
08-11-2001, 02:03 PM
When we dropped by GBM last Friday (8/3) sadly Kelly was not there to get or give a hug to again. :( I guess it would be impossible for him to hang around there all the time, just in case any of us happen to drop in! LOL ;)

When we were there in March, I observed how everyone kept asking Kelly how Garth was doing. I think we sometimes get so wrapped up in Garth that we forget that Colleen was Kelly's Mom too. I made a point of asking Kelly how he was getting along. He responded with "I guess I am coping like I am suppose to be. It's sure been hard though." I may not have every word exactly right but I have 99% of what he said correct. I felt so bad for Kelly always having to answer for how Garth is dealing with their loss, that I made a decision right then and there to try and do something to show him he is also loved and appreciated. I came up with and idea of doing a picture of Colleen just for him.

I left the picture with David at GBM last Friday. I had it framed in an antique frame and I think it came out pretty good. I sure hope Kelly has gotten it so he can feel just how much we value him too. I also hope that knowing someone was thinking of him, made getting through last Monday's anniversary just a tad bit easier for him. I guess I will never know if I accomplished what I set out to do, but I can hope and believe!

God bless ya Kelly! You are a truly wonderful man!

Mary Liz

In case anyone is interested here is a link to the picture I did for Kelly.

ObsessedwithGarth
08-11-2001, 02:17 PM
WOW!!!

That is a beautiful picture and you are extremely talented.

I am sure that Kelly will really appreciate it,I know that I would.

Vanessa
08-11-2001, 02:25 PM
ditto :) :)

Hawk7lte
08-11-2001, 07:38 PM
Quite a talent Mary Liz - beautiful picture.

Thanks for posting,

Hawk

Original GB Fan
08-11-2001, 07:43 PM
Wow Mary Liz! What a beautiful drawing of Colleen. I am sure Kelly was touched more than words could say.

JoAnne :)

countyfair_85
08-11-2001, 08:35 PM
Mary Liz...
you always have a way of thinking to the delight and understanding of others.

I'm sure Kelly will be happy that someone like you has taken time to comfort him as well...
It must be hard to be a sibling of Garths sometimes.
I'm glad you didn't overlook it.

I lost my mother 3 months after Garth lost his...and right now I find that two years may seem like a long time...yet I feel her loss the most now.
It's starting to hit me that she won't be calling when I hear the phone ring...and I won't be hearing her voice.

And I think...Does everyone that has lost a parent go through this too...and how long will it be before I really accept it...because the world seems like an empty place without her here.
You posted a poem you found that was your fathers after his passing...and it comforted you at that time of your life... but what was amazing it comforted me too when I read it online...and I liked thinking about my mother waiting for me just around the corner also.

I bet Kelly feels that way too...and Garth...and the other 4 children Colleen was mother to.
And I bet that picture which is one of the most beautiful drawings I've ever seen...will be hanging in his livingroom.
And he'll remember your kindness for thinking of him.
He'll probably look at it often and see that glisten in her eyes that you managed to capture in your drawing...
famous artists have a hard time capturing that even!

How extremely talented you are!

Thanks for sharing...:)

-Diane

fuzzwuzz
08-11-2001, 09:53 PM
Mary Liz, your nickname, Mommamutt, sure fits you, because you are so much like a mother to all of us that surrounds Garth. His family I'm sure too. Thanks for reaching out to Kelly. I'm sure he's feeling the love like we do!

Garthfan92
08-11-2001, 10:35 PM
Wow Mary Liz! That was such a wonderful thing to do! I'm sure it means the world to Kelly that someone took time to think of him too. I've thought about the other kids a lot since Colleen passed away. It must be hard to feel like everyone's mostly concerned for Garth. Wish I could tell them all that I'm thankfull for them sharing their baby brother with us all these years, cause I'm sure it's not always easy.

Lisa

MT4GB
08-11-2001, 11:03 PM
Wow! What a beautiful drawing of a beautiful lady! Thank you mamaBrooks for sharing your wonderful son with us! My thoughts and prayers are with all of your wonderful family tonight!

Nancy

wizard2C
08-11-2001, 11:18 PM
Hi!

Mary Liz.....that certainly is a lovely picture you drew of Colleen Brooks. Yes, you are very talented. I am sure it will touch many hearts. Curious as to what Kelly is doing since Garth is semi-retired?

Diane....I can only express my feelings. I lost my Dad when I was 17 yrs old. It has been many years since, and all I can say is.....you never really get over it....oh, the tears may diminish somewhat.....it's that certain part of you that forever remains missing in your life. Perhaps I feel that way because of the young age I lost my Dad and the many experiences that I wish my Dad had been there to see. Perhaps my life would have played an entirely different picture if my Dad had not died when he did. But God has a master plan for us, and for whatever reason it was meant to be. :(

Carol
Wizard2C

"Life is not a Game, Life is Life however trivial it is!

:o :)

ProducerJ
08-12-2001, 12:00 AM
My goodness Mary Liz -- what a LOVELY drawing! It is so VERY lifelike.

Ladies and Gentlemen -- there is no end to this woman's talent. She writes poetry, makes stained glass, draws, mothers us all and force feeds us M&M's. And does all of the above and more remarkably well and with so much love! We are so blessed to have you in our little family circle!
J.

Vanessa
08-12-2001, 12:09 AM
I don't know what to say J.. that was soo well said and very very true!! God bless you Mary Liz :) :)

CheyenneWindRoper
08-12-2001, 12:29 AM
Joyce, Carol, Nancy, Lisa, Dale, Diane, JoAnne, Hawk, Obsessed & Vanessa ~

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

You guys cut that out!:rolleyes: I am no better, no more talented, no more any thing ~ than anyone else here. :p I just happened to think of making this picture a little bit before you did. I know all of you would have decided to do a little something for Kelly too, had you met him and watched him being bombarded with questions about how Garth was feeling & doing.

Boy is my head getting big or what? :eek:

Thanks to all of you for being just who you are!

Mary Liz

Yukongirls
08-12-2001, 01:13 AM
WOW Mary Liz that is a wonderful drawing. :) You did such a great job on it. :D

And that was very thoughtful of you to give it to Kelly. You are such a sweet lady. We both hope we get to meet you someday. You do Garth proud. :)

Leanne & Michelle

ShellyGirl
08-12-2001, 01:45 AM
Mary Liz,
You are so talented! What a great likeness to Colleen.
Shelly

nelty
08-12-2001, 12:44 PM
I was wondering if I was the only one that thinks how Kelly is coping and feeling. The fact that he always has to answer how Garth was doing and all....

God Bless ya... Kelly. :)

Nelly

Monica Lockhart
08-12-2001, 12:57 PM
I was lucky enough to see the picture and frame that Mary Liz made for Kelly before she gave it to David at GBM.

All I can say is the picture posted here does not do the finished project justice! It is an amazing piece of love and warmth which I am sure Mary Liz spent many hours creating. Kelly should have been nothing less than speechless when he set his eyes upon it.

Mary Liz,

I have a feeling that you will someday find out how much Kelly appreciates your kindness and how much Garth appreciates you thinking of Kelly!

Moni

loreli
08-12-2001, 04:04 PM
Mary Liz thats so GOOD!!

You can see her heart in her eyes :)

Lori

wmcinnis
08-12-2001, 07:41 PM
What a great picture Mary Liz and what a great gift this must have been for Kelly:) This was such a thoughtfull and caring thing to do, and I'm sure it will touch him deeply.
-Susan-

Paula
08-13-2001, 09:36 PM
Mary Liz, that's a beautiful sketch! I'm sure Kelly was very touched by it.

Is there no end to your talents?;)

Paula

MT4GB
08-13-2001, 09:41 PM
Has anyone heard how his sister Betsy is doing? Last time I read anything on her was she was living in Washington state and was studying to be a nurse! What about his other brothers? What do they do for a living and are they married and do they have kids?

Nancy

GRTH FAN
08-15-2001, 01:46 AM
Mary Liz,
Your kindness and your talent has touched many people, including me! I LOVE that picture!!
"GO Tell It On The Mountain"
Donna :) (Wishing I Could Of Talked To Her Once)

Garth_FANtasizer
08-15-2001, 06:25 AM
Oh wow, Mary Liz! I've known for a long time now, what a kind, loving, considerate person you are, but I had no idea how talented you are! That is an amazing drawing!

The Brooks' brothers are lucky to know you!

~Ann~

CheyenneWindRoper
08-15-2001, 11:04 AM
I really DO NOT DESERVE all the praise you are lavishing on me! I just drew a picture! I wish it could have been more & better. I wish I had been able to present it to Kelly myself to let him know how badly I felt that he has been kinda neglected. I know he does not want or expect any special attention....and just for that very reason, I feel he deserves so much more!

Honestly, I just had the urge to let Kelly know how much we appreciate him and all the "behind the scene" stuff he does. How very blessed we are to have Kelly taking care of Garth and all the loose end things, for without Kelly, I know that the show would not go on!!! Can we even imagine what it would have been like NOT to have Kelly there beside Garth? Kelly is as accessible to us as Garth has been and yet we seem to forget or minimize how important he & his roll is, because he does not perform on stage!

So.....I have an idea!

Let's flood the mail bins at GBM with THANK YOU notes to Kelly! We might want to do the same for Pappa Brooks too! So whaddya say gang? Anybody want to let Kelly and Raymond know how much they inspire us, are loved and appreciated along with me? Let me hear your feedback and ideas!

Mary Liz

nelty
08-15-2001, 11:58 AM
That is a WONDERFUL idea... :)

Nelly

Vanessa
08-15-2001, 01:51 PM
This is gonna sound dumb.. but what would be say?? :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :o

GREAT idea, btw :)

Vanessa ;)

Original GB Fan
08-15-2001, 02:00 PM
I love the idea Mary Liz! In the few weeks I have been a part of Planet Garth - I have learned one thing for sure - that you have a very generous heart. All of the praise that is coming your way is very well deserved. God Bless You Mary Liz! The world needs more people like you in it.

CheyenneWindRoper
08-15-2001, 02:27 PM
Vanessa~ We can not tell you what to say. If you have any words of thanks for Kelly or Mr. Brooks for whatever they mean to you or however they inspire you, then you need to express them in your own words!

JoAnne ~ Naaaah, I do not deserve any special praise....as, I am just simply following suit from everyone else here! INCLUDING GARTH!!! The longer you hang out at PG you will find how all these GarthNutts can positively influence your attitude and thinking. It's all them!:) It really is!!! :D I just try to give back a tad of what I receive, most of the time I fail miserably. But, darned if I am going to quit trying! ;) PG-ers are the best!

So who is with me? Are we going to cause the Nashville post office to have to send a whole truck to GBM just to handle our cards to Kelly and Raymond? I am going to go get cards today ~ Anyone else?

Mary Liz

ImaGBbeliever
08-15-2001, 02:36 PM
Wow, I am stunned at the drawing of Colleen. Capturing faces on paper is SO difficult... I am amazed at your talent. You can see the emotions in her eyes... Incredible job, Mary Liz.

I lost my father when I was 19...almost 7 years ago. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him, but the tears don't come as often. I met my future husband just 7 months after he died. It upsets me greatly that they didn't get to meet. My 3 year-old daughter would have given him such joy... Those are the things that bother me the most. Garth's music was a crutch to lean on during those times. He was sick for a long time before he died and I had a huge banner in my room that said "If tomorrow never comes..." I was able to focus on the fact that my "Dance" wasn't over. So that when he died, I had few regrets. I really owe that to Garth.
The support that is given in these times is so comforting. It would be hard, though, to be in Garth's or Kelly's (or other family member's) shoes right now. It's been long enough that you can start to focus on other things in your life, but there are thousands of people who grieved with you and want to talk to you about it... that would be very hard...
Oh, darn it... *wipes tears* *turns away*

This group of people are so supportive... that family must know that they have an extended family (us) all over this world...

God Bless them...
Kristi

Original GB Fan
08-15-2001, 03:35 PM
I am with you Mary Liz!

Kristi ... I am sorry to hear that you lost you Dad when you were at such a young age. Life can really deal us some bummer cards. Someone up there must of had some real special plans to take him from you. God Bless You Kristi!

CheyenneWindRoper
08-15-2001, 10:00 PM
Well, I went out and got lots of cards today! :) I know JoAnne is going to get hers soon too!;) Who else wants to join us? Let's not wait til "If Tomorrow Never Comes"...Kristi put it so beautifully, let's follow her example! :D Get up from that computer, or up off that couch ~ write a quick note and let Kelly and Mr Brooks know how much they move us!

Mary Liz

PS Kristi, so sorry you lost your Dad so very early in your life ~ but, you have a special angel now watching over you!

(BTW the drawing was done on canvas.)

Garthfan92
08-15-2001, 10:58 PM
I'll do my best to get something in the mail to them by the weekend. They do deserve some recognition for all they've done!

Lisa

CheyenneWindRoper
08-15-2001, 11:20 PM
Way to go! :D I knew you'd come through for Kelly and Raymond, like they have for all of us!;)

Mary Liz

Monica Lockhart
08-15-2001, 11:29 PM
I will do the same.. :)

I'll pick up a couple of cards and shoot them off in the mail this week.

Great idea gals!

Moni

CheyenneWindRoper
08-15-2001, 11:42 PM
Thanks so much Moni!:) I know Kelly and Mr Brooks are going to be happy to know we are appreciative and are thinking about them!

Come on ladies and gentlemen, let's fill those mail bins with our gratitude to these two great men who have stood in the background for so very long.

We can do this! I believe!!!:)

:D
Mary Liz

wizard2C
08-15-2001, 11:45 PM
Hi!

I'll also get some cards in the mail. Perhaps a poem may do as well.

:) :D

Carol
Wizard2C

:cool:

CheyenneWindRoper
08-15-2001, 11:50 PM
Very, very :cool: Carol! A poem is an excellent idea! :D

Thanks for joining in & expressing your gratitude to them, you are a special lady! :D

Mary Liz

Crackers
08-16-2001, 12:57 AM
Great idea! I love it!!!

Garth_FANtasizer
08-16-2001, 06:46 AM
It will be my pleasure to participate in this mission of love! :)

Where do we send these to? I assume Kelly's would be sent to GBM, but do we send Raymond's there also?

~Ann~

Vanessa
08-16-2001, 12:34 PM
Thanks Maryliz-- I'll buy some cards and send 'em off asap!! :)

CheyenneWindRoper
08-16-2001, 12:45 PM
Where do we send these to? I assume Kelly's would be sent to GBM, but do we send Raymond's there also?

Ann~
That is where I have sent, and am sending, mine!:D

Mary Liz

Yukongirls
08-16-2001, 12:48 PM
Count us in too, Mary Liz. :D

We will go to the store tonight and pick up some cards for them. This is a really good idea. :D

Leanne & Michelle

GBShameless
08-16-2001, 12:49 PM
And the drawing is beautiful :)

Count me in, I'll stop tonight and get a couple of cards, they might not be there for the weekend, but there shortly after.

Robin :) :)

wizard2C
08-16-2001, 11:05 PM
Hi!

I just finished this poem for Kelly and Raymond. If anyone would like a copy of it to send, just let me know and I will e-mail it and all you have to do is cut and paste it in your word processing program or whatever and print it out. Feel free to modify if you'd like or if you just want you can sign your own name to it.

I am also going to send Kelly a copy of the poem I posted for Mother's Day which was dedicated to Colleen Brooks called "Mothers Are Like Angels". I think he may like a copy.

Carol

;) :D

-------------------------------

ďSharingĒ

In hearts and In spirits your thoughtfulness lies,
Unknowing impressions youíve left in anotherís eyes.

To believe in someone is To believe in their dreams,
Put aside your wants and Put aside your needs,
To help make their dreams become Reality.

A word of Thanks is shared here with you,
For making Garthís dreams of Music come true.

We often donít realize what stands behind fame,
Itís more than the Star, Itís more than the Name.

The people who share fame really are YOU,
With your Loviní Support, Garthís Music is heard,
Not only in Nashville, but all over the World.

Garth taught us about Hope, Reality and Dreams,
Through his Music and Through Rhyme,
But most important, Garth taught us about LOVE,
And LOVE FOR MANKIND.

A BIG THANK YOU
from World-Wide Fans of Garth

CheyenneWindRoper
08-16-2001, 11:27 PM
That poem is beautiful!:D:D:D You have really touched my heart and I know you'll do the same for Kelly and Mr Brooks!

Excuse me now while I go get some more tissues........

Mary Liz

Vanessa
08-16-2001, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by CheyenneWindRoper
That poem is beautiful!:D:D:D You have really touched my heart and I know you'll do the same for Kelly and Mr Brooks!
Mary Liz

I'll second that!! :)

wizard2C
08-16-2001, 11:54 PM
Hi!

Thanks, all.

But as I said, feel free to use the poem to send your messages. It is meant for any of Garth's fans to use. The importance is that we get the messages out.

I have the printed version in the shape of a candle. Just e-mail me for a copy to your PC or MAC.

wizard2C@excite.com

Carol

;) :p

CheyenneWindRoper
08-17-2001, 12:24 AM
Carol,
You have mail!
Mary Liz

GRTH FAN
08-17-2001, 02:22 AM
NO DAY HOLDS AS MUCH FUTURE AS TODAY!!
Count me in too!!!
I will get the card out soon!
Donna :)

CheyenneWindRoper
08-17-2001, 02:33 AM
Just look at you guys! Wow! You all are too awesome! We can do anything we set out little pea pickin PG minds to, now can't we!!!

If we had a "happy tears smilie' I would put a dozen of them right here ----->:D

'scuze me please while I go have a good cry!

Mary Liz

Original GB Fan
08-17-2001, 08:54 AM
Oh Carol ... you just gave me major goose bumps! I could have tried to write something like that for years - and never came out with something even close. Very, very touching.

Garthfan92
08-17-2001, 10:50 PM
Carol, that's incredible! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I finished a letter to Mr. Brooks, and now it's time to write the one for Kelly.:)

Lisa

beebaboos
08-17-2001, 11:05 PM
Mary Liz,
Your talent never ceases to amaze me! That is such a beautiful picture, thank you so much for sharing it with us.
~~Janet AKA Munchkin

Carol,
Thank you for sharing your poem with us, It is very cool to have someone put into words how we all feel.
~~janet

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
08-18-2001, 01:40 AM
Janet ~

Hey kiddo, good to see you around!!! :) How ya' been??? Seems like we haven't talked at all since March, I've missed you, girlie! All I have to do is remember 'OH MY GOD!!!', and I just start smilin'! ;) :) Hope all is well with you, take care and I hope I see you again sometime! :)

DeeDee

pldrw
08-23-2001, 06:39 AM
My mom died 13 years ago and the man most like my father 5 years ago. My mother in law still misses her parenets too and they both died over 20 years ago! No it truely never stops hurting akk the way! I am Just sorry Garth, Kelley, Besty and the rest of the family had to go through this; but eventlly we all will unless we die first!:( :( :( :( :( :(:(

loreli
08-23-2001, 10:26 AM
Beautiful poem Carol, it really expresses that we would all like to say :)

Lori

CheyenneWindRoper
08-23-2001, 10:55 AM
How many have sent cards to either Kelly or Mr. Books or both? How many still intend to do so?

I've sent out a couple to them already and plan on sending a couple more today. The first ones I sent were strickly serious THANK YOU type cards to express appreciation for being who they are & gratitude for all they do and have given. Now I plan on sending a little lighter themed cards to just let them know that they are being thought about and wishing them fun and happiness in their every day.

If you have not yet sent a card but plan on doing so, you can send them to:

Mr. Kelly Brooks (or, Mr. Raymond Brooks)
c/o GB Management
1111 17th Avenue South
Nashville, Tennessee

God bless each of you who has chosen to brighten Kelly and Mr. Brooks day by sending them a card!

Mary Liz

Vanessa
08-23-2001, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the reminder Maryliz, I plan to send 'em both cards, but I havrn't gotten the chance.. I'll do it soon tho :)

Crackers
08-23-2001, 05:37 PM
I have finished writing on one and am working on the other one. They will probably get mailed later today or tomorrow morning.

Garthfan92
08-23-2001, 10:04 PM
I got my letters to each of them in the mail on Monday.

Lisa

wizard2C
08-23-2001, 11:32 PM
Hi!

My poems posted to Kelly and Raymond today. Hope they enjoy.
;) :D

Carol
Wizard2C

--------------------

"Dance!Sing!Fun!" a 2002 world-wide children's charities event!

Wendi5000
08-24-2001, 07:15 PM
Lots going on in this thread, eh?

That was a good poem that was posted :)

Lowell Miller
08-24-2001, 10:56 PM
MaryLiz....you are amazing!!!!!!! :D

I'll get a couple cards send out right away. :D

CheyenneWindRoper
08-25-2001, 12:10 AM
MaryLiz....you are amazing!!!!!!! :D

:oAwww how sweet Lowell. Thanks, but it's not me, it all of you! See, the way I figure it is, one or two cards are nice & thoughtful .... but, with all of you sending cards we can overwhelm them and truly show Kelly and Mr. Brooks our love and admiration for them. To all of you that have or are going to follow through with sending cards ~ I stand and applaud you! :D You may now take your bows! ;)

Mary Liz

Vanessa
08-25-2001, 12:18 AM
This Garth Nutt hasn't sent in her cards yet!! :eek: :o but she will :)

Jen19
08-25-2001, 01:36 AM
I got my cards today and droped them in the box they should get there on monday since they don't have far to go :)

JEN

ProducerJ
08-25-2001, 05:56 PM
Mary Liz --

Since I have to go to the post office Monday to pick up a package for Delaynie ;) I will mail cards then.

But I'm not talented enough to write a poem.
J.

wizard2C
08-25-2001, 11:48 PM
Hi!

J. Feel free to copy the poem I wrote. If you'd like I can e-mail you a copy of it to print out. Just a thought.

Carol
Wizard2C:D

HUG A MUSICIAN..they never get to dance!

-------------------

"Dance!Sing!Fun!" a 2002 world-wide children's charities event!

wizard2C
08-26-2001, 10:52 AM
Hi!

So what's the problem? I have tried three times to post this poem on the Garthbox with no success. Does anyone know why? Maybe I should ask myself does Kelly Brooks really exist and why should I be writing a poem on his behalf. If nothing else, it is for Raymond.:confused: :mad:

Then, I ask myself.....why be kind to people....for so many times you get kicked in the butt for it. But for the grace of God I'll continue to be kind, for I don't know any other way. It's no wonder there are 40 million slave children world-wide. It appears there's only a few of us kind people left in the world that can help them and that CARE.

SharingĒ

In hearts and In spirits your thoughtfulness lies,
Unknowing impressions youíve left in anotherís eyes.

To believe in someone is To believe in their dreams,
Put aside your wants and Put aside your needs,
To help make their dreams become Reality.

A word of Thanks is shared here with you,
For making Garthís dreams of Music come true.

We often donít realize what stands behind fame,
Itís more than the Star, Itís more than the Name.

The people who share fame really are YOU,
With your Loviní Support, Garthís Music is heard,
Not only in Nashville, but all over the World.

Garth taught us about Hope, Reality and Dreams,
Through his Music and Through Rhyme,
But most important, Garth taught us about LOVE,
And LOVE FOR MANKIND.

A BIG THANK YOU
from World-Wide Fans of Garth

Carol

-------------------------

40 million slave children world-wide: "Dance!Sing!Fun!" a 2002 world-wide children's charities event!"

CheyenneWindRoper
08-26-2001, 11:12 AM
So what's the problem? I have tried three times to post this poem on the Garthbox with no success. Does anyone know why? Maybe I should ask myself does Kelly Brooks really exist and why should I be writing a poem on his behalf.

Carol~

You have me terribly confused. :confused: The GarthBox has nothing to do with PG, or the people at PG Forums or Kelly Brooks. How/Why does not being able to get a poem to post on there make you question if Kelly is real??? Which, I assure you, he is very definitely a real person and a super sweetheart of a guy he is too! You sound like you are angry with us here and Kelly for something that is happening at the G-Box.:confused: If you have issues with the GarthBox you need to take them up with Doug.

Then, I ask myself.....why be kind to people....for so many times you get kicked in the butt for it.
Once again, I am confused (which is not new news by any stretch of the imagination, ;) LOL) by your statement. I have seen absolutely NO evidence that anyone here at PG has not been kind. I think your issues are with others at another place (G-Box?) and should be dealt with there as we have no control over other sites.

I do hope you'll end up having a better rest of the day Carol! :D I really do...and you're right, no matter what, always continue to be kind! Don't let the bums get you down!

Mary Liz

wizard2C
08-26-2001, 12:56 PM
Hi!

Sorry, my complaint is not with PG. Most of you people have been super. Seems like G-Box doesn't need my input anymore....I'm sure they have people dying to post.:(

Carol
Wizard2C;)

----------------------

Children know of AIDS, hunger, and despair: "Dance!Sing!Fun!" a 2002 world-wide children's charities event!

CheyenneWindRoper
08-31-2001, 11:51 PM
Just bringing this back up to the top to remind anyone who has not yet :( sent a card to Kelly or Mr. Brooks to let them know that "The World According to Garth" revolves on it's axis so smoothly because of all they do.... and how very much we love and appreciate them!

Come on now ppl of you haven't yet sent your card to Kelly &/or Mr Brooks, GET UP OFF YOUR BIG FAT OVERSTUFFED....:eek:.... CHAIRS AND DO SO! To those who have sent a card....Don't cha think it would be nice to send another and let them know how thankful we are to them for just being the great people they are? !!! :D

Kelly & Raymond ~ We love you both and apologize for not always realizing how much you contribute to the whole Garth phenomenon!

Mary Liz

Vanessa
08-31-2001, 11:54 PM
Maryliz- I plan to write 'em both cards and mail 'em off this weekend!! :D :D I've been very very busy lately!! :( :rolleyes:

CheyenneWindRoper
08-31-2001, 11:56 PM
Excellent Vanessa!:) Pour your heart out to them and let them know how special they are! :D:D:D

Thanks,
Mary Liz

Vanessa
08-31-2001, 11:57 PM
I plan to do exactly that maryliz :)

SummerWind
09-02-2001, 05:42 PM
Mary Liz,
You are far to modest, you are very talented, that picture blew me away. I am sure that Kelly with treasure it. Great Idea about the cards. I guess we forget about the people behind the scenes sometimes, and Colleen's death could not have been any easier for them. Thanks for the reminder. I will go buy some cards tonight and get them sent out ASAP. I will put my heart into it :)

Carol...beautiful poem!

Jenny

CheyenneWindRoper
09-02-2001, 07:08 PM
Thanks Jenny! :o

BTW, I l-o-v-e your screen name! :) Us "Windy" folks gotta stick together! :p I know you'll say something to Kelly and Mr. Brooks in your cards that will just "blow" them away! ;):D ;)

Huggs,
Mary Liz

SummerWind
09-02-2001, 07:13 PM
Mary Liz,
Thanks! I was trying to think of something Garthy but original...LOL. I thought of when garth said his favorite lyric was from "That Summer" about passing a wheat field and watching it dancing in the wind. From that I came up with SummerWind. Yours is cool too.

Hugs (from one Windy person to another) :)
Jenny

CheyenneWindRoper
09-02-2001, 09:35 PM
Very :cool: Jenny! I'll be looking for you to breeze in and out of different threads and see if I can't talk up a storm with ya! So, don't blow me off if I send you a whirlwind of a reply. If ya got something to say, just air your opinions.

ROTFLMAO! :D I know, I know, I got a little too windy with this post! I guess I should have done a draft of it first!

Mary Liz

SummerWind
09-03-2001, 07:26 AM
Mary Liz!
Cool post! ROTFLMAO! I will try not to be longwinded myself, I have to breeze on out of here and get myself to work. Yes its a holiday but I am a RN and we dont always get holidays. My cards will be in tomorrow's mail. Hope my words will blow them away.

Jenny :)