PDA

View Full Version : Any Neil Diamond Fans?

Paula
07-28-2001, 06:10 PM
He's going to be on A&E Live by Request at 9 p.m. EST tonight. He just released his latest CD - Three Chord Opera and wrote the lyrics and music for all of the songs on this CD. He's also going out on tour this fall...coming to the Fleet Center in Boston on October 2. I'm hoping to score some decent seats when the tickets go on sale Monday. The last time I saw him I was in the very last row of the balcony with the wall directly behind me. He looked very tiny from my seat.:p

Paula

loreli
07-28-2001, 06:44 PM
I LOVE his early stuff like Solitary Man :)

I'm gonna watch it and yes he was before my time :p

He is a HUGE country fan. :) Cool huh?

Lori

Pilgrim
07-28-2001, 07:08 PM
No way!!!!:eek:

He is way too boring:o

Brian:)

Vanessa
07-28-2001, 08:01 PM
nope, I don't like Neil Diamond.. I've never even heard of him up until a few days ago when he was on tv :)

Vanessa :)

Garthmedic
07-28-2001, 10:21 PM
Neil is great. Love alot of his stuff.

--spud diamond--:)

fuzzwuzz
07-28-2001, 11:37 PM
My favorite album of Neil Diamond is Tap Root Manuscript, the second side, recorded with those natives. The soundtrack to Jonathan Livingston Seagull is good too. I'm not up on the movie or the book it's based on though.

NewestGBFan
07-29-2001, 02:34 AM
I am taking a commercial break from the repeat of Live by Request. I have to say that I have liked a lot of Neil's songs through the years. I remember when Solitary Man was on the charts. He is a great songwriter and singer. Well, gotta go back and finish watching the show!:)
Elaine

AgainstTheGrain
07-29-2001, 04:17 AM
*sings* far... weve been traveling far.. without hope.. without a star.. free ..weve been traveling free.. "someone help me as i forgot the next line so ill say 1-2-3" *

hugeGBnutt
07-29-2001, 11:02 AM
*cracks up laughing* ...nope!:p

.Ari.

AgainstTheGrain
07-29-2001, 01:25 PM
*sings*

"turn on your heartlight"

Paula
07-29-2001, 08:54 PM
He was in great form on Live By Request and you could see he was having a good time. I can't wait until October!

Paula

splitzer
07-30-2001, 04:26 PM
I just bought floor seats for his December 8 show at Arco Arena in Sacramento! YAY!

oh, and...

*sings* far... weve been traveling far.. without hope.. without a star.. free ..weve been traveling free.. "someone help me as i forgot the next line so ill say 1-2-3" *

"...Free! Only want to be free! We huddle close... hold on to the dream."

Etc, etc, etc... I could keep going... lol

Garth Always,
Dani

Paula
07-30-2001, 08:51 PM
I'm am so :mad:. I was online at 10 a.m. and the tickets they were offering were behind the stage way up in the balcony. I kept trying but couldn't get decent seats, and then he sold out. I found out later that he added another show on October 3, but by the time I found out, the seats were still bad seats. I've already seen him from the back of the balcony, and the acoustics were terrible so I didn't want to end up there again.

I'll bet the scalpers have some good tickets. I swear Ticketmaster and the scalpers have something going between them. :mad:

Paula:(

AgainstTheGrain
07-31-2001, 03:30 AM
danielle,

now thats what im talking about :)

who knows.. maybe i might go????????

splitzer
07-31-2001, 05:24 PM
Paula,

I had the exact same situation as you. I got my floor seats from a scalper. :rolleyes:

Moral? Not moral? :confused: Good Seats!

Garth Always,
Danielle