PDA

View Full Version : my latest trisha meeting .......

AgainstTheGrain
07-23-2001, 02:50 AM
well.. um .. this might take awhile as i might have to add something if i forget it in the order it happened.. samara.. you heard this already so shhhhhhh ...lol

it started off by having to wait and wait for all the various groups to get done..AND IT WAS STILL HOT AT 930 PM...

so we got to enter the trailer she was staying in and were instructed to stay in the hallway and wait our turn..

so trisha came over and said no.. come and sit down on the couches ..there were only 4 there btw...so she sat down next to this girl that drove up from chicago just to meet trisha and was leaving right afterward.. and she signed her stuff and then she said... "come on up here russ"

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..LOL

so i stood up and was still shaking so i had to set my camera down as i was afraid i would drop it.. :rolleyes:

so i put her gifts and the stuff i wanted signed up on the counter she was standing against.. and babbled something about how each cd is better than the one before it.. and then started to open her gift bag and look at the stuff..lol. i was nervous ...so i closed it and said you can look at it yourself.. and i proceeded to say "i wanna ask a few questions if ok" she said ask away.lol.. so i said something about how she always gets asked about the duet cd so i wasnt gonna ask about that.. but she answered it anyway ... i asked about maybe doing a live cd and she said that they were thinking of doing that or a standards cd..she didnt know yet.. and i asked her what the next single would be and it is gonna be the title track "inside out" the duet with don henley ...while doing this she is signing the 5 :eek: items i wanted signed.. so im shaking and she said .. you been here before .. it should get easier .. lol... i just laughed...right.. so the other two people had their turns and we were all standing in a circle at the end and she was saying her goodbyes and was reaching her hand out.. for me that wasnt good enough .. so she extended her hand and when our hands met .. i wasnt nervous anymore and asked for a hug.. so everyone got one and i got a whisper in my ear..thanks for asking i was too chicken too..lol then i told her her music was the best and she reached her hand out and said thank you very much... and my cousin told me earlier that i walked away with a tear in my eye but i dont remember that...

that was my saturday night from 930 to 1015

each person got about 10 minutes with her.. from what i recall ..

Garth_FANtasizer
07-23-2001, 05:40 AM
Did someone take a picture of you getting your Trisha hug? :)

I'm glad you asked what song was going to be her next single. I had a feeling it was going to be "Inside Out." I love that song!

You said you didn't want to ask about the duet CD, but she answered anyway... well, what did she say?

What stuff did you give her to sign?

~Ann~

Vanessa
07-23-2001, 10:39 AM
That's really really :cool: Russ!!! It sounds like you had fun!!! :eek: :eek: :)

Vanessa :)

AgainstTheGrain
07-23-2001, 11:55 AM
ann,

she said she didnt know yet.. and the stuff i had her sign was 2 blown up 8 x 10 .. a tshirt .. a photo and her cd jacket

phillyfan77
07-23-2001, 01:01 PM
Cool story Russ! :D

Trisha is awesome in person! She treats her fans just like Garth does, I guess that she learned from the best! ;)

I normally get very nervous like you did when I meet big stars. I've met Tim & Faith, Vince Gill, Wynonna, JoDee, Martina, and alot of others, and each time I broke out into a cold sweat! The same thing happened when we met Trisha last year. What's funny is, the only one that I didn't get nervous meeting was Garth! There's just something about him that puts you at ease. It's hard to describe.

My request for Meet & Greet passes was received by Trisha's fan club for next month's show in N.J. :) I'll know if I got the passes one week before the show. :D Got my fingers crossed!

Jim :)

AgainstTheGrain
07-23-2001, 02:35 PM
btw.. i just reread and i forgot to put.. that like from what i hear about garth.. when hugging her she wont let go first.. :):cool:

phillyfan77
07-23-2001, 02:54 PM
VERY COOL! :cool:

Now I can't wait!!!! I had better get those passes!

AgainstTheGrain
07-23-2001, 02:59 PM
oh yeah ...

when you do meet her jim can you PLEASE put the weight issue to rest as she has been like that for about the 6 years i have met her.. she HASNT CHANGED :p

AgainstTheGrain
07-23-2001, 03:01 PM
and i have a feeling you will get those passes and tell her i said hi ..lol

Anonymous77
07-24-2001, 01:58 AM
Hey Russ... ya left out the part about being "pink" from the heat/sun... :p

And I wanna see a pic of this Trisha-squeezie that you got..

:)

AgainstTheGrain
07-24-2001, 03:45 AM
i dont know if anyone took a picture of that as i was not facing anyone while hugging her.. but i know her road manager..donnie ..took 2 photos.. at trishas suggestion btw.. to make sure one came out.. :)

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
07-24-2001, 11:28 AM
Oh Russ...you 'ol softy you :) I'm so glad that you got a Trisha sqeezie :) Too cool!

CC

BlueRose
07-24-2001, 01:08 PM
WOW, YOU HUGGED TRISHA??!! You go boy!!! What, no kiss on the cheek? You were that close! j/k

I know you must still be in heaven and I know the feeling...not hugging Trisha but I know the feeling!!! :D
I know when I got my first Garth hug, I thought I would die and most recently when Henry Paul of BlackHawk kissed me on the lips...well, it's awfully hot in here!

Very cool story Russ...thanks for telling us all about it, I LOVED it!!! :D

Cheryl

BlueRose
07-24-2001, 01:15 PM
BTW, they're not as cool as Jim's but here's one of the pics I took of her in NY 6/8 in Rockefeller Center.

(Thanks for scanning them Jim!)

Cheryl

AgainstTheGrain
07-24-2001, 03:20 PM
AWESOME PHOTO CHERYL !!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT HERE :D

BlueRose
07-24-2001, 10:50 PM
You're welcome Russ! I'm sorry, I have been in a tailspin here and just re-read your post. She called you by name! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, when she has a big bash at her place or elsewhere and you get the invitation, please remember the rest of us that love her and when YOU see her again, tell her that some of her fans drove up to NYC at 2:00Am to see her on the Today Show and once again braved the NY traffic! :D It's not that I'm fearless when it comes to driving in NY, I just do what I gotta do. LOL

I'm so happy for you I could burst!!!

Is the video for "I Would Have Loved You Anyway" awesome or what???? :eek:

Cheryl

Vanessa
07-24-2001, 11:02 PM
I've seen that video as well and I liked it very very much!! :) :) Thanksfor posting it, got 1 question tho..why is the pic in black and white?? :confused: :)

Vanessa :)

BlueRose
07-26-2001, 07:01 PM
Hey Vanessa,

It's because I used Black and White film, just like I shot some of Garth at the Opry in Black and White.

Like this one that Cara shot for me with my camera.

Cheryl

jstensig
07-27-2001, 10:24 AM
:cool:

Jakob

phillyfan77
08-12-2001, 10:43 AM
We got our Meet & Greet passes for Trisha's show on Aug. 24th! :D WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

If I tell Trisha that I know you, do you think that I can get a hug too? :D

Jude
08-12-2001, 03:47 PM
:cool: story Russ.

Jim I hope you enjoy your concert and you get a hug.

Jude

AgainstTheGrain
08-13-2001, 09:44 AM
jim...

i say try it.. but tell her where im from or she might not know .....lol
;)

jude ...

thanks