PDA

View Full Version : Toby Keith

gbcrazy
07-20-2001, 01:04 AM
This was on Toby's website. I have heard this is very serious. So everyone keep Toby and his family in your prayers.

Important Meet and Greet Information

Toby Keith has been advised by his attorney and law enforcement authorities to discontinue public meet and greets indefinitely.

This is for security purposes due to threats currently endangering Toby and his immediate circle of co-workers, family and friends.

Terry

boppityboo
07-20-2001, 02:15 AM
Gosh! I hope eveything turns out ok... and that the situation is resolved without anyone getting hurt.. or whatever.

Ellie :)

no1cowgirl
07-20-2001, 02:49 AM
That's really sad. :( Too bad for Toby. I hope everything gets worked out.

Krista

Pilgrim
07-20-2001, 07:37 AM
Scary!!!!:eek:

Brian

honky
07-20-2001, 05:01 PM
:eek:

Threats to what??? :eek: OH BOY.. TOBY GOTTA BE CAREFUL!!!

Tommy

angelamccann
07-22-2001, 07:27 AM
That's scary. When I think of all the times Garth's done meet and greets with the fans, even outside his house, without security stepping in - Toby's one of the good guys too, so why pick on him?:eek:

Angela x

Chris Gaines
07-22-2001, 07:33 AM
Angela,

I guess the same reason why people did it to Russell Crowe at the Golden Globes :(

They have no life and just want that 15 minutes of fame, and don't care how they get it.

If you don't remember about the Russell Crowe incident.. the FBI was even placed at the Golden Globes to make sure nothing happened. :(

Jason

angelamccann
07-22-2001, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I heard about that - that's pretty serious too. From what was printed over here, Russell has to have a lot of protection now - even when he's filming.

Angela x

honky
07-22-2001, 04:24 PM
**sigh** it's really sad that fans can become crazy fanatics :(

Thank goodness Garth has not had cases like this...

Tommy

Vanessa
07-22-2001, 04:30 PM
That's really scary :eek: :eek: I hope that he'll be ok!! :)Some fans, IMO just don't know when to quit!! :rolleyes: :p

Vanessa :)

Anonymous77
07-24-2001, 02:40 AM
*sigh*

Always that one... or that select few... that ruin it for everyone else.

:(

BlueRose
07-24-2001, 01:57 PM
It's very sad, I've met Toby several times and now thanks to some deranged idiot, that's probably the end of that!

I first heard about it on CMT, then saw it at his website. It's very scarey that it takes some people so little to be pushed over the edge. If I remember correctly, something similar happened to Vince Gill to cause him to cease meet~n~greets with his Fan Club for security reasons a number of years ago. BTW, Garth has been very lucky but I still worry about him alot.

Cheryl