PDA

View Full Version : Garth Mexican????

gbkubfan
07-11-2001, 03:06 PM
Hey...
Had to share... I was buying a baby gift for a friend who is leaving on maternity. Since she had all the baby stuff I went and bought her a Garth CD. I was going to give her Double Live but Target had a Sevens 1st edition on sale for $11.99, so I picked that one instead. When I went to pay for it, the lady at the checkout stand said..ohhhhhhhh who's this cutie. I said its Garth. She said hes good looking. Is he Mexican...I said no, hes from Oklahoma and sings country. She just held on to the CD and looked at the cover. I smiled and she finally let me pay. I wonder if shes going to try and get a copy for herself. Just wanted to share...:)

KindanewGarthfan
07-11-2001, 04:11 PM
Hey gbkubfan that is such a cool story. What an excellent maternity gift too, Very Cool.
I really love the picture of him on the Sevens album, he looks very cute and brooding, so I don't blame her for holding on to it for a bit, hehehehehe
I bet she'll buy the store out of Garth cd's too :D, thanks for sharing

Hannah:)

Wendi5000
07-11-2001, 04:42 PM
How on earth would anyone think that Garth is mexican??? :eek: :rolleyes:

babyblue777
07-11-2001, 08:58 PM
Well, he has a pretty dark tan, and you can't really see his hair. Maybe cause of the 5 o'clock shadow too, I never really thought about it, but I guess I could see why if the poor woman didn't know who he was.

kristen166
07-11-2001, 09:13 PM
My mother passed as a mexican one time. She used to go to church at the place that was also my school. She was always late for the regular mass and would have to settle for the mass spoken in Spanish. One time my Spanish teacher was sitting next to her in mass and told my mother she didn't know she was spanish or something. I happen to have blonde hair and hazel eyes, I didn't understand how my teacher could think my mother could be spanish or somehting.:) My mother, on the otherhand, has dark hair and eyes. Her skin is fair, but I could see how she could be taken as a spanish or mexican person.:) We are British, German, and Czech in heritage.:)

MelMalovesGB4eva
07-11-2001, 11:30 PM
How could she not know who Garth is?:rolleyes:

Lisa

XFER
07-12-2001, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Wendi5000
How on earth would anyone think that Garth is mexican??? :eek: :rolleyes:

What are you implying??
I am mexican after all... :D

Kayedarlin
07-18-2001, 10:04 PM
I work with a woman who is from another country.
She is constantly called one ethnic background or another--so the on going joke is always....."that fill in the blank lady".....we of course tease her in front of customers--and we get these STARES!!! :) It's actually kind of funny---we've got people from 5 different countries---and everyone makes fun of the other person's accent. :p

Kaye:D