PDA

View Full Version : johnny russell dies.. lee ann womack "pop star... trisha does impressions

AgainstTheGrain
07-04-2001, 03:14 PM
Wednesday, July 4

Is That Your Final Answer?
Lee Ann Womack will tape a "pop superstar" episode of ABC's Who Wants To Be a Millionaire this month. She'll play for her Jacksonville, Texas, elementary school. "If they have any questions about Bob Wills or Willie Nelson, I know I'll knock those right out of the box!" she says. country.com

Helping the Harvest
Reba McEntire's Girls' Night Out! tour is partnering with USA Harvest to collect food for the needy. The organization will have collection points at most of the tour dates. Reba joined up with USA Harvest on her 1999 Singer's Diary tour to help raise more than 46,800 pounds of food. Billboard.com

Farewell, Johnny
Grand Ole Opry star Johnny Russell, 61, died Tuesday morning at Nashville's Baptist Hospital, a hospital spokeswoman confirmed. He had been battling diabetes-related complications in recent months. Johnny is best known for writing "Act Naturally," recorded by Buck Owens and the Beatles. Funeral services will be held Friday at the Grand Ole Opry House. AP/Excite

Celebrating Independence
Several country stars are taking part in Wednesday's Fourth of July celebrations. Garth Brooks will be in Philadelphia for an all-star dramatic reading of the Declaration of Independence, airing on ABC at 10 p.m. EDT. Chely Wright, meanwhile, will be in Washington, D.C., to perform on PBS' Capitol Fourth Concert, airing at 8 p.m. Planet Garth

Trisha's Many Voices
Trisha Yearwood has a little-known talent: She's an expert impressionist. Trisha says she does great imitations of Wynonna, Reba McEntire, Tammy Wynette and Travis Tritt, among others. "I've always kind of been an imitator, 'cause growing up I wanted to be Linda Ronstadt," she says. "The funny thing is I can't do Linda Ronstadt." Launch.com

Pilgrim
07-04-2001, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the info Bro:D:D

Brian

wygbfan
07-06-2001, 03:38 AM
I would love to hear Trisha do her impression of Wynonna!! It would be even funnier if she did it for Wy. Nobody is quicker with a chuckle or loves to laugh more than Wy. She is my favorite female with Trisha next in line. :) Man I love those two REAL LIVE WOMAN!!

AgainstTheGrain
07-06-2001, 03:48 AM
wynonna has one of the best voices in all of music.. just a shame she has fallen into the "country radio shaft" group..

wygbfan
07-08-2001, 08:27 PM
:eek: :eek: Shhhh don't tell everyone how good she is! It's a secret! Don't tell EVERYONE that she is hands down one of the best Blues, Soul, and Gospel singers in any genre! Or plain and simply one of the best vocalists alive! And don't tell anyone that when Wy does get "traditional" few can do it better!:cool: Oh and don't tell anyone that no one in country can ROCK like my Wy? Country Radio has hurt her(I mean literally)over the past few years:mad: :mad: Wy is so passionate and loyal and has been loyal to them for almost 20 years. She's never crossed over though she could have without even really changing her style like most. Well I could go on and on about Wy so I'll stop here!! But it's nice to know my fellow Wy and Garth Fans! "NO ONE ELSE ON EARTH" says it all!;)