PDA

View Full Version : This must be what Garth meant...

MDgarthgirl
07-01-2001, 11:43 PM
Hey y'all. I didn't mean to bait a trap with that title, it's just what I wanted to write wouldn't have fit.
I meant to say I get what Garth means about being inspired when he's in Nashville because of the people and the sort of spirit that surrounds the city. He said something like he got more ideas for songs in two days than he had the four months back in Oklahoma.

i know, i know, you're waiting for the point. lol Well, my friend Mel and I got the privilege of seeing the "In the Beginning Show" with Kent Blazy, Kim Williams, Pat Alger, and Tony Arata twice in the past three days. :) We catch them whenever we can. They're awesome...I just gotta keep going so I can request stuff that's not always played. No offense to them or Garth, but ...they are writers outside of those songs...

To tie it all in, as Mel and I sat waiting for the shows to start, we had a pad of paper on the table... the top pages are now scribbled all over with anything that made it to the pen. :) This is one of them.

When It Comes To Loving Me
2001 Stephanie Shade and Mel Garrett

I know you long to find
a love that doesn't end in hurt
A "happy ever after"
that's more than simple words

But when I walk the line between us
to try to lead you this way
Your feet don't seem to follow
the path that I have laid

If you don't mind, I'll stay near...
until you start to feel...

When it comes to loving me
When your heart learns I'm all you need
When my face is the only one you see

Watching you from here
Fingers laced beneath my chin
Patience is a virtue
I'm struggling to understand

But I will keep my faith in time...
Til time delivers you a sign...

When your heart knows I'm all you need
When my face is the only one you see

Tell me, when it comes to loving me

"Thanks for your time,"
Nash

BigGfan4life
07-04-2001, 01:01 AM
I LOVE IT!!! Really, this might be my favorite piece that you've written. Maybe because it really hits home with me right now. So, yet again, great job! :D I love all your songs, but this one is AWESOME.

Pilgrim
07-04-2001, 08:23 AM
Just brilliant:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Brian:D

no1cowgirl
07-04-2001, 02:21 PM
Nash-
I know exactly how you feel. I wrote about 5 good songs while I was down in Nashville. :) The atmosphere is awesome...and it makes you feel like you're at home, ya know what I mean? You feel like you belong there more than anywhere else in the world.

Great Song :)

Krista

MDgarthgirl
07-05-2001, 11:05 AM
:):):)

Thank you.

Not to stroke my own ego, or anything...the line about "understanding patience"...put a lil' *yay* for me. LOL Gawd, I've Lived that too many times, just never knew how to Say it.

Krista-
Exactly. Or at least for me, that I'm perhaps belonging more there than any other place. And it's funny, the places we saw them were PA and VA, lol. So they brought Nashville to us, I guess. ;) I can't wait to get back there.

Nash

littlebit
07-14-2001, 07:49 PM
i'm a little late, but i think it's AWESOME! :cool:

Watching you from here
Fingers laced beneath my chin
Patience is a virtue
I'm struggling to understand

i can see that person's face with a worried, bemused, what are you gonna do next look.

:)

XIXMaverickXIX
07-14-2001, 11:57 PM
Another Day another song.....how do you keep doing it??
That was definitelky one of the best I've heard. Keep 'em truckin!!:) :cool: :) :) :) :D