PDA

View Full Version : Vonda Shepard

Lowland_Kid
06-30-2001, 05:12 PM
We saw Vonda in concert last night in London! :)

The venue was called Shepherds Bush Empire and I thought she must have choosen that one for the name! ;)
Sheperds Bush Empire is small and very cosy. We were standing about 3m (meters) from the stage and had a pretty good view.

She had a German guy as support act, Sven Schumacher (I don't think he is family of Michael and Ralf) and band. They were o.k., but not really what we had come for, ofcourse! Although, I have to say that their enthusiasm was about as big as Vonda's!

Vonda was absolutely superb, though. She has such an enormous voice! I don't like a lot of female singers, but Vonda has really impressed me. The songs were mainly from "Ally McBeal". The best ones for me: "In The Neighbourhood", "Someday We'll Be Together", "You Belong To Me", "Tell Him", "Sweet Inspiration" and ofcourse, "Searchin' My Soul" which she performed with Sven and his band. It was a real good party, I can tell you!

Not only Vonda's voice has impressed me. She is just a top class entertainer: she played various instruments, she danced, she laughed, she made jokes and seemed to be having a really good time, just like we all did! :)

:)
Marjolijn

Pilgrim
06-30-2001, 06:36 PM
That is very very cool Marjolijn:):D

I would LOVE to see her in concert as well:)

Did she play any Springsteen songs??:)

I am VERY positive they have played atleast "Sherry Darling" in Ally:D:D

Brian:D

Lowland_Kid
07-01-2001, 04:54 AM
No Bruce songs that I recognised, Brian. But that doesn't say too much ;). I think she would have said so, though, because she also told us in advance that she was going to sing a Bob Dylan song.

:)
Marjolijn

Pilgrim
07-01-2001, 07:43 AM
Hmm what was the Dylan song??:)

Brian

Anonymous77
07-01-2001, 08:10 PM
Marjolijn... very cool! I saw Vonda a couple of years ago at a local summer festival. I was truly impressed. I had actually only gone to see her because a guy that I work with REALLY, REALLY wanted to go, but couldn't because he had to work. I figured I'd go check her out... to see what his fuss was all about. I was not disappointed!

And I agree... she does have a very powerful voice.

:D