brought me something ten times bigger than I ever thought I could feel and
I want more of that."

:)

Vanessa :)

kristen166
06-27-2001, 04:00 PM
Quote, "Garth Brooks has taken himself out of the picture to attend to what he
calls the most important things in his life"

I still see him doing things. :rolleyes: He can't be completely out of the picture, just yet anyhow.:)

Well thanks for posting this.:)

Vanessa
06-27-2001, 04:17 PM
You're welcome! :)

vANESSA :)

TBG
06-27-2001, 06:51 PM
So cool:cool:

To be loved that much.
A special love passed from mother to son to child. From his children to theirs:)

MO

Garthfan92
06-27-2001, 11:02 PM
All I can say is ALL children should be so lucky to have two parents that love them so much and are so devoted to them. I think Garth's been a far better father than he gives himself credit for. Although I agree with his choice to spend more time with the girls, I'm sure they've always known how much he loves them. Someday those little angels will realize just how lucky they are.

Lisa

Vanessa
06-27-2001, 11:36 PM
I agree with you Lisa 107%!! :) :) very true 2!! :)

CheyenneWindRoper
06-28-2001, 12:54 AM
:cool:

Mary Liz

Vanessa
06-28-2001, 01:03 AM
LOL Maryliz :)

VaNESSA :)

GRTH FAN
07-02-2001, 02:08 AM
That's why I say that "He's everything a woman would want in a man, and everything a man would want to be!!!!
LOVE is a magical thing, that's for sure!!
Donna :):):)

Garth_FANtasizer
07-02-2001, 08:11 AM
Do you think Garth would adopt me?
He's the best of the best!

Yehaw! Thanks to the latest webtv upgrade, I can now post here again!

~Ann~

Chris Gaines
07-02-2001, 11:14 AM
Weclome Back Ann!! :)

Jason

nelty
07-02-2001, 11:30 AM
Welcome back Ann

Nelly:)

CheyenneWindRoper
07-02-2001, 12:12 PM
WhoooooHoooooAnnie! :D:D:D

I am soooooooooo happy to see you can get back to posting here at PG!:) We have really missed you ~ Me more than anyone!

Welcome Home!

Mary Liz

BlueRose
07-02-2001, 01:15 PM
WOOOOOO*FREAKIN*HOOOOO.......She's Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya girl!!! :) :) :)

Cheryl

Garth_FANtasizer
07-02-2001, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome back!

I am so thrilled to be back, I can't even tell you! It was driving me crazy not being able to post!

It was like being in a coma - I could see all of you, but you couldn't see me! LOL

(clicking my heels 3 times) There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home! Now..(singing) If I only had a brain! LOL

~Ann~

loreli
07-02-2001, 07:14 PM
Welcome back Ann :) You were missed.

Lori

Wendi5000
07-05-2001, 05:57 PM
I hate to be the one to break the news but, parenting is about giving up a lot of things you might want to do or like to do, in order to do things you need to do with/for your children. :rolleyes

OkieandloyalGBfan
07-05-2001, 10:45 PM
Amen Wendi!!!!

I think (as was said earlier) Garth is probably a better father than he gives himself credit for, but not because of everything he is willing to sacrifice. Sacrifice is part of the deal, and the admirable part is not how much sacrifice, but just being willing to keep up your end of the deal.

{Would this be a good time/place to give yet more kudos to Sandy? She has been sacrificing all these years...I think she is very close to the ultimate in :cool: !!}

Deanna

Garthfan92
07-05-2001, 11:27 PM
Sacrafice is part of parenthood. I agree with that. I'm glad to see Garth making the girls his first priority. That alone is not why I think they're very fortunate though. I grew up with a father who was always at home, but NEVER "there" for us. I didn't ever feel that he cared. When I hear Garth talking about the girls, I know that Taylor, August and Allie clearly have two parents that love them more than anything. It shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary, because any good parents should feel that way. Some people just shouldn't be parents though. Knowing that first hand is why I'll end up in tears anytime I hear Garth saying he hasn't been the father his girls deserve until now. I think in spite of the time apart, he's always made sure they know they're very much loved.
THAT makes them pretty lucky in my book.

Lisa

CheyenneWindRoper
07-05-2001, 11:30 PM
Lisa ~

THAT makes them pretty lucky in my book

Well, in my book, I think we here at PG are pretty lucky to have you as part of our family!

Mary Liz

Garthfan92
07-06-2001, 10:10 PM
THANK YOU Mary Liz! I always have felt among family here. You other Garthnutts are the ONLY ones who understand! I'm sure glad you're part of this family too!

Lisa

CheyenneWindRoper
07-07-2001, 01:23 AM
Your post really touched me Lisa, thanks for the kind reply!

Mary Liz

Garthfan92
07-07-2001, 10:43 PM
Mary Liz, I just tend to get very defensive of Garth when it comes to him being a dad! LOL After growing up in my family, I know those girls are lucky. That's why it just breaks my heart when he says he hasn't been the dad they deserve. I know better, and would tell him that if I got the chance. Glad you understood what I was saying!

Lisa

Vanessa
07-07-2001, 11:46 PM
welcome back Ann!! :) :)

Well said everyone!!!! :) :) :)

CheyenneWindRoper
07-08-2001, 12:21 AM
Lisa~

I understood and do understand completely where you are coming from! :) And,... I stand beside you in thinking that Garth needs to be applauded and praised for the priority he has placed on his roll as a Dad. We should all be as lucky as the Brooks girls! Fortunately I had a very loving Dad, whom I miss terribly.:( I wish I could change things that were for you, but you did at least have your Dad around, even if he wasn't affectionate, he was still there. A lot of kids don't even know their fathers.

How does the saying go? Anybody can become a father, it takes a real man to be a Dad!:rolleyes:

{{{{{{{LISA}}}}}}}

Here is a hugg for you! I know it's not the same as one from your Dad or Garth, or a replacement for one from them, but, one to tide you over for a bit & sent with a lot of love just the same!:D

Mary Liz

fuzzwuzz
07-08-2001, 12:49 PM
Ann! Welcome home! And you do have a brain, heart, and courage! Me too!

AgainstTheGrain
07-08-2001, 04:01 PM
ann,

hey buddy ?????? remember me ??????? lol

well you are returning:) as i am slowly walking out the door :(

Russ

Garthfan92
07-08-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by CheyenneWindRoper
How does the saying go? Anybody can become a father, it takes a real man to be a Dad!:rolleyes:

Such a true statement Mary Liz. And thanks for the hug! That was a very sweet post!:)

Lisa

okioreo
07-13-2001, 03:04 PM
I agree with all of you but would like to say one thing.
I think when Garth is talking about not being the dad she should alot of that has to do with him not physically being present for alot of their young life. Trying to squeeze out a realtionship with your children on the road or on breaks from touring must have been VERY difficult. I say this because my husband is in the AirForce and is gone ALOT. I know that it breaks his heart to leave us for months at a time or even weeks or days at a time. He misses birthdays and holidays and anniversaries and many of the childrens milestones so that he can provide for his family in a job he loves and defend our beautiful country. While he sends cards and presents and calls while he is away, HE IS AWAY... and when he comes home there is a readjustment period of where we all have been going on about our lives and he missed it. We have to make room for him as much as he needs to make room for us in his busy life. Having him back and physically present is wonderful for us and for him and he feels more like he is a part of the family when he is home and no matter what we do while he is away, he isnt a part of it while he is gone. We think of him, love him, pray for him and count the days until his return. I think that it is safe to say that Garth and his girls have gone through the same kind of thing. He has been the best Dad he could be while he was there and he just got tired of missing everything with them while on tour and decided now that he wants to be there,and I can totally understand that.

MT4GB
07-13-2001, 06:37 PM
Those girls are very lucky to have a wonderful father like Garth! I wish he could adopt me too but I do not think that is going to happen! Maybe I could ask him to adopt me as a little sister! Garth keep taking wonderful care of those special little girls and we stand behind you 100%!