PDA

View Full Version : Okay, something's not right, and I can't see what...help!

MDgarthgirl
06-24-2001, 03:01 PM
Hey y'all,

Sorry I been out for so long. Much has happened.
Anyway, I've been working on this one and I can't seem to get it to ....satisfy me like some of the other ones do.

There's something either missing or out of place in the way things are said. Can ya help me out here? Any comments are appreciated. :) (And if it's not clear, it's two couples in the song, not just one.)

The Heart Will Take The Blame
© 2001 Stephanie Shade

He remembers every kiss they shared
how he closed his eyes so tight
It’s why he never saw her feelings
slip away beneath the night

The stars they used to gaze upon
might as well be dust
After all the tears he’s cried
His armor’s turned to rust

Did love appear too soon
or was it ever there at all?
She was running from the edge
never looked back to see him fall
But how can it be justified
that he feel so ashamed?
He was only following what he felt
and now his heart’s taking the blame…
His heart will take the blame

All those nights they played by candlelight
He swore it was all in fun
Didn’t realize she’d been dreaming
of everything they might become

Another end will begin
the minute he shuts the door
And tonight she won’t stop wondering
"if only I’d loved him more"

So did love come too easily
or did it ever come at all?
He was running from the edge
and she’d already begun to fall
How can it be justified
that she feel so ashamed?
Just for following what she felt
her heart must take the blame…
Her heart will take the blame

"Thanks for your time,"
Nash

Chief
06-25-2001, 04:32 AM
I don't know Nash, looks good to me though. :)

And yes... it's been awhile since we last heard from you again. :) love to see more works coming though!!! :)

Marga
06-25-2001, 08:19 AM
I've read the song,it's wonderful one another time but altough I don't know what I miss something..maybe I'm wrong but what about not to blame hearts? Don't mind what I talked sure I'm wrong but

and now his heart’s taking the blame
I replace for
and now love is blaming his heart
and his heart wiil take the blame.

Hope you would'nt mind my daring:)

Marga.

I forget something: You can take all my time with those songs...:)

littlebit
06-25-2001, 12:45 PM
you can take all my time with your songs . . yeah buddy, Marga! :)

Glad your back Nash. :)

don't think anything's wrong with this one.

:confused:

MDgarthgirl
06-25-2001, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

Marga - I had actually thought if what I was saying was really the way I wanted it said. It's cool you noticed that. What you suggested was one of my other choices. But, I think the thing is the "heart" will take the blame here because it's the one that led half the people in the song into loss and heartache. Even though it was only acting the way it's supposed to, make sense? Thanks for your reply. :) Tony Arata's got a song called, "I Wish Hearts Would Break", which talks about hearts going back for more pain when they shouldn't. The thing about the heart acting is what I liked.

I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought. For some reason, though, like I said, I read it over and over, and something wouldn't click. Maybe I'm crazy. It's the first one in a long time and this is not the best time in my life, either.

I've been stressed over losing my grandmother a few days ago. Not only did I feel bad because I didn't appreciate my last phone conversation with her as I should have, even though I had no way of knowing the future... The timing was about as bad as it could be. She was put in the hospital the day before Fan Fair. Mom had to leave me and Dad to go see her. Didn't make Fan Fair the best it could have been, I guess you can see.

My point was only maybe my mind was all jumbled up from other things and felt the need to make more trouble than I'm worth.

Again, thanks for the responses,

Nash

Marga
06-26-2001, 06:56 AM
Ok you know hearts are always holding so much and for that reason they're the ones to blame.

Hope you come here with that kind of songs they're just precious.

But just for aminute I was thinking about the real meaning of your songs,and then I get sad 'cause the feelings the songs told about are very sad.I would like to have them recorded to listen to them when I have that soul down moments.I think those songs are the ones that would make me feel better.
I have been talking so much
:) Hope your flows get the river again....:)

littlebit
06-26-2001, 01:21 PM
Nash,

:( Sorry to hear about your grandmother. i lit a candle for you and your family.

your songs are always worth listening to. ;)

Chris Gaines
06-28-2001, 06:17 AM
awwwww great song.. sorry about your grandma :(

((((Nash))))

Jason

MDgarthgirl
06-30-2001, 09:28 PM
Thank you littlebit and Jason.
She's in a better place.

Marga - I, too, would like to have these recorded somehow, lol. ;) It will come when it's time. I am honored to hear that you would like to listen to them for comfort in times of sadness. Thank You. Someday you might. :)

Hope to post something soon,
Nash