PDA

View Full Version : Nickel Creek

no1cowgirl
06-21-2001, 08:40 PM
So....yesterday I got Nickel Creeks self-titled debut album.....it is SO SO good. I heard about half of their songs before I was even able to FIND the CD here in Loveland/Ft. Collins.....and finally found it yesterday at Wal-Mart, and bought it right away.

Well, let me say--I'm very very happy I spent the $12.88 on the CD. It's very very very good. If you like Bluegrass music at all, you'll love this CD. The musical stylings...the wonderful instrumental aspect...the beautiful harmonies....the way that the whole CD focuses on the music...not just the lyrics. And, on the same hand--the lyrics are beautiful, too. The music is very beautiful. There's 3 or 4 instrumentals on there. The last one being "Pastures New"--which is one of my favorite songs. The majority of the music on the CD is very soothing, but a couple of songs...like "The Fox" and "Ode To A Butterfly" are upbeat. The instruments shape this CD....it's wonderful. If you like bluegrass at all...or would like to hear some contemporary bluegrass--go get this CD.

Speaking of Nickel Creek--has anyone else seen their video on CMT with Dolly Parton? It's pretty cool. They did a remake of 'Heaven Let Your Light Shine Down"--and did a very very good job at it, for that matter. It's got a high bluegrass influence, and the instruments on the song make it very interesting.

I'm done. *L*

Krista

loreli
06-21-2001, 10:01 PM
Hehe Krista :)

I dont think Ive ever heard them. They dont get played on country radio? Cause I have no cmt :mad:

Lori

Garthfan92
06-21-2001, 10:27 PM
I got the cd a while ago, and I really like it a lot. I just caught a quick glimpse at the Dolly Parton video the other day, and I thought it was them in it. Didn't see enough to know for sure though. I would like to hear Nickel Creek on the radio, but I don't. I discovered them through their first couple videos on CMT. That's how I became a fan. Wish they'd mix in just a little bluegrass and more traditional country now and then on radio. It's all the more pop flavored stuff I hear now, with almost nothing else thrown in.

Lisa

Anonymous77
06-22-2001, 12:18 AM
Hey cool.. I was wondering if their CD was any good... so now that I know it's good, I guess I can go buy it.

THANKS!

:D

Pilgrim
06-22-2001, 06:48 AM
Very cool Krista:D

I love bluegrass music as well:) But I am afraid I haven't heard about those guys:o

Brian