PDA

View Full Version : CMT/TNN Awards

Garthfan92
06-14-2001, 10:46 PM
Just wondering how many other people watched the show last night. I thought Chris LeDoux's performance was one of the biggest highlights of the show, along with the lifetime acheivement and humanitarian awards going to Vince Gill and Kathy Mattea. It was surprising, but quite refreshing to see Alan Jackson and George Strait walk away with so many awards (especially on a fan voted award show). I only wish George had been at the show to accept them as well. At the same time, I'm disappointed that JMM's "The Little Girl" keeps getting nominations and no awards. Oh well, everyone's opinion differs I guess. Can't have everything or everyone win that you want to.

Lisa

no1cowgirl
06-14-2001, 10:55 PM
I missed 'em last night :( But I'll see Chris next month....so I think I can hold out.

Krista

Garthfan92
06-14-2001, 11:23 PM
I'm jealous Krista! I have yet to see him. Hopefully soon.

Lisa

Paula
06-15-2001, 08:36 AM
I saw the show and thought it was great...loved the performances and also can't wait to see Chris LeDoux extend his tour to the Northeast. I thought the tribute to Vince was very touching...and also very deserving.

Paula

Kerri
06-18-2001, 07:54 AM
I just got back to FL. Spent the week in TN. I attended the TNN/CMT show. It was great in person. It really was.
I was very disappointed, however, that Tim didn't win anything. For a while I thought I had attended the Alan Jackson Awards show. But he's a GA boy like me, so I can't complain. And he doesn't usually get the credit he deserves. But still. I would have liked for Tim to have won something. :(
I don't know about ya'll, but I always wondered what went on during the commercials. I thought for sure that the audience was entertained and whatnot. Let me ease your mind. Nothing happened during the commercials except that the stage crew did some setting up. And then we'd hear a voice. "One minute to show."....."30 seconds."......."10 seconds."......."Applause everyone." Like we wouldn't applaud or something!
Although we were sitting close enough to see everyone just fine, we rented binoculars. Definitely helped!
I agree with Lisa. The Chris LeDoux performance was the highlight. I mean, the mechanical bull was genius. [they're also fun to ride] My daddy had a liver transplant a month before Chris did, so, it's nice for me to see Chris doing so well. And he obviously is doing well.
Since this awards show is still small, there weren't as many stars there. But I'm not complaining. Seeing as many as I did was awesome.
Just wanted to say all that.
:)

Garthfan92
06-18-2001, 10:06 PM
Wow! Great to hear from someone who got to be there in person. Thanks for sharing that.

Lisa

sarahpoosie77gb
06-22-2001, 12:51 AM
Hey, I was also there for the awards. I didnt have too terrible seats, compared to what i had last time I went. Lol. the show was really good I thought. there were a lot of performances, which I liked. I was happy that alan won and all but thought that brad paisley should have gotten somthing. Hes really great. I loved chris ledouxs performance too. Ive never seen him perform before and he reminded me of garth in a way. I see why garth loves him so much.
the only complaint about being there is that I couldnt even hear the people when they annouced the winners or when the winners talked. Was it just me, or does anyone agree??

Kerri
06-22-2001, 09:18 AM
I agree. Hearing the speeches was a little difficult, especially with Alan, since he's so soft spoken anyhow. But my aunt recorded it for me, so I've got a tape I can play back anytime!
Garth Brooks admits that he got a lot of ideas for his show from Chris LeDoux's show. :p
The mechanical bull was awesome.