PDA

View Full Version : Kgarth------omg!!!!!!!!!!!

gbfever
06-11-2001, 11:15 AM
Ok, I know this sounds unbelievable and it is so sureal that I have to keep pinching myself, but here in little ole Syracuse NY, we now have a new radio station! KGARTH!!!!! And it is ALL GARTH, ALL THE TIME!!!!!!This is something I have wished for for so long and somehow someway it's come true! I can't even imagine a radio station dedicating all it's airtime to one artist, but that is apparently the case. The really bizarre thing about it is that there are ads, no dj, nothing but Garth! I don't know how they can possibly do it. This apparently happened over the weekend, b/c I'd caught this station a couple times in the last week or so, playing country music and I thought it was just a new country station (we only have 2 in the area). They have all these really cool little slogans that they have playing in between songs like "the world according to Garth" and "radio will never be the same". What is up with this? Does anyone else have this going on in their area? The only way I can think they can manage this without advertising would be if this is one of Garth's projects? If it is, I want to send out a big ole thank you to the Man or whoever is behind it, b/c I AM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!! And if it is some kind of project, I am stunned at the luck that they would pick this area? I can't imagine that Central Ny has any higher concentration of Garth fan's than anywhere else? But, I am not complaining! Anyone in my area and wants to check it out, it's 102.5 !:cool:

nelty
06-11-2001, 11:16 AM
Website... please... :D

COOL.... lucky you.... :P :)

Nelly

Chris Gaines
06-11-2001, 11:20 AM
Nelly,

MANY Stations have done this with Garth in the past... when the station is new or changing formats to country.. cause i's a fast way to draw lots of listeners so they can charge more for advertising.

we've had two stations here in Ohio do this.

gbfever, don't expect it to be forever.

maybe if you're lucky it'll be a month.

Jason

Marga
06-11-2001, 11:23 AM
That sounds like a perfect paradise!!!;)

nelty
06-11-2001, 11:23 AM
ohhhh.....

it's like the other station..... :o

Nelly

gbfever
06-11-2001, 11:25 AM
Sorry about the double posts--it didn't supposedly let me post the first one, but I guess it lied.
Now I am bummed, if it turns out they don't do it all the time. I am looking for a website but haven't found it yet. Will have to be proactive and encourage them to continue it! Thanks for the info!

CheyenneWindRoper
06-11-2001, 01:35 PM
Now that would be my kinda station!!! :D:D:D Talk about a Class Act! Whew, more than a body could ever hope for! :p

:)
Mary Liz

KindanewGarthfan
06-11-2001, 03:05 PM
gbfever, let me get this right, Garth Brooks 24/7
I am so moving to New York :p How cool is that, If I were you I wouldn't be able to get any work done :cool:

I hope you enjoy unlimited Garth chuck :) really sounds like paradise to me

Hannah

Vanessa
06-11-2001, 03:15 PM
That sounds really :cool: !!! I wish my radio stations would do that!! :)

Vanessa :)

Garth1
06-11-2001, 04:59 PM
Now that's what I call a radiostation !!!

Paul. :)

Pilgrim
06-11-2001, 07:30 PM
Now I would LOVE to have a station like that here in DK:D:D:D

Brian

kristen166
06-11-2001, 07:35 PM
That sounds neat.:)

But I just hope the disc jockies there do not get tired of listening to Garth for hours every single day. I know I would.:) I can't stand to listen to the same artist for over an hour unless I am at a concert of theirs. That includes Garth's music too.:)

fuzzwuzz
06-11-2001, 08:44 PM
Throw some of him in and at least you'll have LOTS of variety Kristen!!!

Garthfan92
06-11-2001, 09:36 PM
Why oh why can't a Chicago station do this??!! All I'd ask for is one weekend. Is that too much?:confused: Any more than that and I'd be in trouble, because I wouldn't be able to bring myself to turn it off! lol It would be so cool at least for a weekend or something though.

Lisa

loreli
06-11-2001, 10:20 PM
That's really great I hope it stays that way :)

Im so lucky I have a very Garthy radio station :D

Lori