PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Garth song and why

Mr.Marcus
06-05-2001, 08:57 PM
I'm sorry if this post has already been done but I would like to know all your guys's favorite song and why it's your favorite.

Lowell Miller
06-06-2001, 02:52 AM
I really like all of them...but "We shall be free" and
"Shameless" always give me goose bumps. I love the energy in "Shameless". I love it when Garth lets loose like that. I hope the new cd has a song with that kind of energy. It's so cool when his voice just explodes...But at this point I will take Garth reading the phone book. :)

Triple J
06-06-2001, 02:55 AM
I don't like 2 talk 'bout it but here 'tis:

It'd have to be "Shameless" but then again it could be "To Make You Feel My Love" 'cause it kinda relates to how i feel about a relationship. I'm prepared to do anything for the lady in my life (which there isn't any at the moment), but this is part the reason the women around these parts aren't my type, it's 'cause they're not after a serious relationship.

*sniff......sniff*

but on anther level, the song "Nightriders Lament" relates to my affection for the bush, i'm livin' here on very little and lovin' it!:D

Marga
06-06-2001, 05:16 AM
It'd have to be "Shameless" but then again it could be "To Make You Feel My Love" 'cause it kinda relates to how i feel about a relationship. I'm prepared to do anything for the lady in my life (which there isn't any at the moment), but this is part the reason the women around these parts aren't my type, it's 'cause they're not after a serious relationship.

Sure you've not looking enough...;) that women don't know what they're loosing.

Those two songs are wonderful,excellent choosen.

My favourite ones are The dance,Shameless, and Take the keys to my heart.

...God, it's out of my hands....I'm shameless when it comes to loving you...

;) That line explains so much, don't??

jstensig
06-06-2001, 11:06 AM
It's either The Cowboy song or Much too young.

Theay are both so full of passion - you can really feel the emotions through Garths gentle voice in those songs... IMO anyway:)

Jakob

Lowland_Kid
06-06-2001, 12:10 PM
Shameless!
Because of the passion in Garth, in his voice and in this song. LOVE IT!!!

:)
Marjolijn

P.S.: welcome to PG, Mr. Marcus! :)

Mr.Marcus
06-06-2001, 03:02 PM
thank you for your welcome.
My favorite song by garth is a tie between "every now and then" and "learning to live again". Both are songs that I can listen to for a million times and still want to play it another. I'm like that with most of garth's song though.:)

Lowell Miller
06-06-2001, 04:37 PM
Ohhh, I love "Every now and Then"...I always thought that should have been released. :D

babyblue777
06-06-2001, 07:41 PM
Belleau Wood and The Dance.
Both songs say something that no one ever thought of before and ther're both pure poetry. Any song of his has so much passion and fire, there is no bad song that he has ever touched.

MelMalovesGB4eva
06-06-2001, 10:33 PM
hmmm...I'm sitting here having an awful time trying to come up with a favorite. I can't do it. I love them all because I love his voice. I do have to say though that I rewind and listen to Much Too Young... and The River on d.l. over and over and over...

Garth1
06-07-2001, 02:52 PM
It's very hard to choose just one song, but if I really have to ... I'd say "Rodeo". Why ? I don't really know but I guess it's because it is a real "cowboy"-song.

Paul. :)

GBShameless
06-07-2001, 03:20 PM
I would have to say all of them, but if I had to choose would have to be "shameless" and "the river", really no reason, well not that I can think of. :)

I also like "learning to live again".

Robin :) :)

Pilgrim
06-09-2001, 07:52 PM
Callin' Baton Rouge:)

Because it's better than all the others:)

Brian

Vanessa
06-09-2001, 08:19 PM
-The River.. they lyrics speak for themselves, IMO :)
-How You Ever Gonna Know... that song describes my life. :)
-A Friend To Me...cause that's how I view the relationship with my parents..they're more than my parents...they're my best friends as well :)
-The Dance...it makes me think of the things that my parents have given to others in this world, how they've chased thier dreams and succeded. And it's also about living and life. :)
-Leaning To Live Again..it helped me through my bout with depression a few weeks ago :)

Vanessa :)

GRTH FAN
06-10-2001, 12:39 AM
"The Dance"
Because it says it all, and is the BEST of the BEST!!!!!
Donna :)

CountryAndy
06-11-2001, 11:42 AM
Some of my favorites are:

-Aint goin´ down till the sun comes up
-The Dance
-Much too young (to feel this damn old)
-One night a day
-Shameless

//CountryAndy

nelty
06-11-2001, 11:55 AM
Here's my fave,

- The River
- Unanswered Prayers
- Belleau Wood
- The Dance
- If tomorrow never come
- The night I call the old man out
- Standing outside the fire
- When there's no one around
- Face to Face

Nelly

MDgarthgirl
06-11-2001, 10:08 PM
It depends on the reason.

Inspiration - "The River"
Friendship - "A Friend To Me"
Love - "The Red Strokes"
Personality of Me - "When There's No One Around"
Personality I want to be - "You Move Me"
One I'd Love To Sing - "Wolves"
One I'd Love Sung To Me - "She's Every Woman"
One Garth (co)wrote - "Which One Of Them"
One Garth (co)wrote, recorded by other artist - "From Where I'm Sitting" (Gary Allan)
One Garth's recorded by another writer - "Same Old Story" by Tony Arata

....I could go on.

Nash