PDA

View Full Version : Sad news for Tim McGraw :(

Chris Gaines
06-04-2001, 11:33 AM
Tim McGraw's grandfather Herb Doctors died Wednesday. Memorial donations may be made to the Fisher of Men Youth Ministry in Marion, La. Meanwhile, Tim's album Set This Circus Down has been certified platinum for sales of 1 million copies, just one month after its release, according to the Recording Industry Association of America.

Jason

Chris Gaines
06-04-2001, 11:39 AM
Our Condolences

(Nashville, TN - May 31, 2001) On Wednesday, May 30, Tim's grandfather, Herb Doctors, passed away. Tim and the rest of the family would like to thank all of you for the wonderful cards and prayers over the past few months. The family asks for you to continue praying for the family, and, in lieu of sending flowers, Tim asks that donations be made to an organization close to Grandfather's heart, The Fisher of Men Youth Ministry in Marion, LA. Donations may be made to the following address:

Fisher of Men Youth Ministry
430 Concord Rd.
Marion, LA 74271

Tim - News "Official Site" (http://www.timmcgraw.com/news/index_fl.htm)

Jason

Anonymous77
06-04-2001, 09:46 PM
This is definitely sad news... :(

I couldn't help but notice Tim's grandfather's name, however. HERB DOCTORS?!?! Hehehe... too cute. ;)

Speaking of Tim... I just got myself a ticket to go see him and Kenny Chesney when they come over to my neck of the woods (in a place that we like to call "GREAT Woods"... hehehe). But get this... my seat is twenty-SEVEN rows from the stage, just left of center... AND... it's seat number 34 (3 + 4 = 7 :p) ROFLM*O... I'm sorry... I don't know why I notice all the sevens everywhere, but I do.

:rolleyes:

:D

I'm so psyched!!!

CheyenneWindRoper
06-04-2001, 09:56 PM
God Bless!

:)
Mary Liz

Chief
06-04-2001, 10:15 PM
aaawwww!! :(

just during the time Tim & Faith will have their 3rd child, tragic strikes in the family for the loss of a family member.

Sincere condolence to Tim. :(

hope the newborn will be much rejoice the the house. :)

Marga
06-05-2001, 03:16 AM
My best wishes to them in these hard moments..

Paula
06-05-2001, 08:37 AM
I couldn't help but notice Tim's grandfather's name, however. HERB DOCTORS?!?! Hehehe... too cute. ;)A light dawns...I wonder if his grandfather was the inspiration for the name of his band...the Dance Hall Doctors...
Speaking of Tim... I just got myself a ticket to go see him and Kenny Chesney when they come over to my neck of the woods (in a place that we like to call "GREAT Woods"... hehehe)...you mean used to call Great Woods....they changed the name to the Tweeter Center...I still prefer Great Woods...has a little more character.

Paula

KindanewGarthfan
06-05-2001, 02:16 PM
My thoughts are definately with the McGraw family at this time, I know how awful it is to loose a Grandparent.

Hannah

fuzzwuzz
06-05-2001, 09:28 PM
I too will soon be buying tickets to go see the Set This Circus Down tour. My love and prayers go out to Tim and his family. Thanks for informing us Jason, and the link.

Vanessa
06-05-2001, 10:39 PM
my thoughts and prsayers are with the mcgraw family :(

Vanessa :)

Anonymous77
06-06-2001, 11:05 PM
*tisk* *tisk* *tisk*

Paula... you should know better than to question my wording... you see, I never actually said that's what it's called... I said Great Woods is what "we like to call it". You yourself agreed you prefer to call it Great Woods, as it has more character. :p

hehehe...

No matter what it's technically called, I think I'll always call it Great Woods. ;)

I'll let it slide this time, but someday --- you'll learn. :p

Paula
06-07-2001, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Anonymous77
*tisk* *tisk* *tisk*

Paula... you should know better than to question my wordingSam, I would never presume to question your wording. I actually knew what you meant when you said "(in a place that we like to call "GREAT Woods"... hehehe)". My response was just not as carefully worded...I bow to your mastery of words.:rolleyes: :p

Paula

Anonymous77
06-08-2001, 01:43 AM
Hehehe... anyway, it was just a play on words anyway... since I had said it was gonna be in my neck of the "woods"... in a place we like to call Great Woods.. oh, never mind...

Anyway... I accept your humble sign of respect by your bowing to me... You may stand again...

:p

And hold your head high, young lass... It ain't no disaster... there ain't no shame in being beaten by a master!!!!!

:p

Paula
06-08-2001, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Anonymous77
Hehehe... anyway, it was just a play on words anyway... since I had said it was gonna be in my neck of the "woods"... in a place we like to call Great Woods.. oh, never mind...Actually, I "got" that too...just not as good with the quips as you.

Anyway... I accept your humble sign of respect by your bowing to me... You may stand again...

:pThanks...my back was killing me.

And hold your head high, young lass... It ain't no disaster... there ain't no shame in being beaten by a master!!!!!:p :rolleyes:, although thanks for the "young" lass comment...can't say I've heard anyone call me that in a looonnnggg time.:eek:

Paula

Anonymous77
06-08-2001, 10:29 PM
Well then... I'm glad I said it!!!

:D

I always aim to please, and when the effort meets with success... it's pure bliss.

:) Hehehe...