PDA

View Full Version : Reserving Double Live

Garthnutt4Life
10-28-1998, 07:02 PM
Well, I went to Wal-Mart tonight to reserve my copy of Garth's Double Live. I don't even see the point of doing it here (where I live) though. The cashier I took my form to had no clue what it even was. I had to tell her the instructions were on the back telling her what to do. Then when I read the back, it says to obtain your CD then take it to the register along with your form and receipt for the deposit. I thought these were going to be "put back" and reserved if you filled out the form. Wouldn't you just go to the register and show your form and then they should have copies put back for those who reserved? I am kinda wondering what the point even is...maybe I am misunderstanding the procedure? Anyone else wondering?N

Jill D
10-29-1998, 12:03 PM
I ordered mine through Wal-mart online. I was able to pick the cover art that I wanted as well. The order form said that they would upgrade the delivery to priority for no extra charge. It was less expensive than the PlanetGarth store, too. CD or tape format available. I can't wait!N

jaredev
10-29-1998, 12:25 PM
Hey Thanx for the walmart online info! I was so worried I wasn't going to get the first edition CD! <br>Are there any other places on the web selling the CD ahead of release time?<br>I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the tape too. I'll deffinately leave it in the packaging!<br>N

Cheryl
10-29-1998, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the Wal-Mart info! They have pictures of all the different covers. Wooooohoooooo! And a little blurb about the Wal-Mart concert. N

TXGBFan
10-29-1998, 07:59 PM
Hi Garthnutt4Life,<br>I work for Wal-Mart and just to ease your worries the reserved copies are ordered and shipped in completely seperate from the main shipment, and are held in reserve in the back. The way it is supossed to work is that you go to electronics and pickup your reserved copy from an associate there, and then pay for it at any register. Hope this helps.<p>RandyN

Garthnutt4Life
10-30-1998, 07:46 AM
Hi Randy. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Just kinda had me worried that they didn't even know what the form was let alone that Garth double live was coming out! Then the wording on the back of the form didn't help matters. Thanks for the info!N