PDA

View Full Version : Favorite newbie?

thedance_2000
06-03-2001, 07:51 PM
Of people who have basically just come out, who's your favorite? May they came out 8 or 10 months ago, or maybe 8 or 10 days ago... dosen't matter! Only requirement is they haven't had more than 2 or 3 singles. Just curious who you think who's a freash breath in this contraversial time in country...

Personally I'm about ready to fall head over hes for Mark McGuinn. Hes no garth, but I really LOVE his sound. I conciter his debuet album the best I've bought since Toby Kieth's most recent album, and I buy alot! Hes not flashy or good looking, but hes got a really nice sound to him. He seems to line his songs with messages sometimes, and thats one thing I love in an artist. Mark I think is fun loving and dosen't take himslef to seriously... I look to see more from him!
Another great artist who has a few under her belt is Jessica Andrews. This is really cool girl I think, who is finally getting her big break. "Who I am" is just afabulous song, and I hopoe she has more hits to come. I've been a little apprehensive about teenage stars since LeeAnne, but I think she is really genuinely country and very grounded unlike Rimes.
The other I really like is a group, The Rascal Flatts. I they seem to be fun and easy to chill too, but their most recent single shows their ability for beautiful ballads. Love em'...

So what are you into right now? Let me know!

MAy god do his will,
Kate
P.S.-Brad is good as well, but I think he isn't really new enough!

Chris Gaines
06-03-2001, 07:57 PM
Paisley!

He's still very new.. yeah he's an Opry Member and won some major awards.. but he has just only released his SOPHMORE album... so he's still very new.

;)

Jason

no1cowgirl
06-03-2001, 08:49 PM
Brad is kinda old Jas *L* he's been out for 2 years now.

Krista

Yukongirls
06-03-2001, 08:51 PM
Tyler England

We know he isn't "new" for say but he has a new lable, new producer, a new name, a new management, and a new kind of sound.

He is are favorite "new guy". ;)

no1cowgirl
06-04-2001, 10:00 AM
Oh...and mine would be Nickel Creek. Such AWESOME, innovative, barrier-breaking, unique, interesting music. :)

Krista

Chris Gaines
06-04-2001, 10:05 AM
Hey now..

if I can't call Paisley "new" then sure as heck can't call Tyler England "new" since he's had 3 albums out.. and sadly, who's career is about to end soon :(

Jason

Chief
06-04-2001, 10:40 AM
Tyler England ending his career???????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :(

Chris Gaines
06-04-2001, 10:46 AM
Kel,

Capitol-Nashville is Tyler's last chance, the contract was for ONE album, with a clause to continue *IF* the album sales do really well, if they don't do well, Capitol-Nashville won't re-new the contract. And Album sales have not been reallry really good. And since this is Tyler's second Label to record under, I think he won't have a choice as the more chances you have and have poor sales.. the slimmer the chance some other label will pick you up to continue where you left off.

So to answer your question.. No Tyler isn't ending his career, poor sales will.

Jason

Anonymous77
06-04-2001, 10:03 PM
How depressing...

:(

Yukongirls
06-04-2001, 10:43 PM
We are believers in Tyler and the only way he will go on is if WE fans help him he can't do this alone. We have to call in and ask radio to play his new single and tell are friends about him and his new CD and that it is really good.
We have to its for Tyler we don't want him to go so soon. :(

~as long as one heart still holds on then hope is never really gone~ - GB

Leanne & Michelle

Yukongirls
06-04-2001, 10:47 PM
BTW.......Jason you can pick Brad he is still "new" :)

L & M