PDA

View Full Version : The Proclaimers.....

boppityboo
05-25-2001, 01:01 AM
Has anyone hear of the Proclaimers?? They are a Scottish brother duo, twins actually, I think. They have another CD out I guess. They are the ones who sing '500 Miles' "... I'll walk 500 miles, and walk 500 more just to be the man who falls down at your door..." :) Anyway, I just saw their new video on CMTCanada of all places. It is definately country sounding, and very good, even with their very heavy Scottish accents. lol. Darn if I can remember the name of their CD or the video. 'She Left Her Mark on Me' or something like that. So any Proclaimers fans out there. I do have their first tape somewhere.

Ellie :)

AgainstTheGrain
05-25-2001, 03:38 AM
They are going to be the opening act for the Barenaked Ladies this summer.

Marga
05-25-2001, 06:41 AM
Haven't heard The Proclaimers.Who are them??:)

boppityboo
05-25-2001, 12:49 PM
Who are the Proclaimers? Good question. lol. I do know that they had a cd out quite a few years ago. They are a Scottish brother duo, with very heavy accents. lol. I guess they could be called 'alternative' music. No bagpipes...though. lol. I don't know, all I know is that they play and sing some pretty good stuff. I do have their first tape somewhere, but the name escapes me at the moment. :) Sorry I'm not too much help, perhaps someone will know more about them.

AgainstTheGrain, welcome to pg, btw. That is cool they are opening for BNL. I love those CANADIAN guys. :)I wonder if they will do any Canadian dates. I'd love to see them.

Ellie :)

P.S. Oh.. the song lyric quote in my first post was wrong. It's: " I'll walk 500 miles for you, and walk 500 more just to be the man who walks a 1000 miles to fall down at your door." A very cool song. Very upbeat and great for sporting events. :)

Marga
05-25-2001, 12:53 PM
Tahnks boppytiboo

Think I heard the song that you have talked in a spot on the tv but I'm not sure....