PDA

View Full Version : Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney....NOT GUILTY!!!!!!!

t.m. fan
05-23-2001, 07:41 PM
Whew!!!!!

Justice is served-- Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney were acquitted today. It's a shame these two guys had to put up with all the crap over the last 11 months. I just hope that gold digging police officer doesn't follow through with his civil suit against Tim McGraw. The man has already been through enough, he doesn't need to deal with the officer's greed.

I got so sick of hearing about the trial and the Buffalo incident. I just want to say "Amen" to it all!!!

And to all you folks who jumped to false conclusions and were so ready to jump all over Tim and Kenny's backs without hearing all the facts-- let it be known that they are innocent and this whole thing should have never seen the papaer, the tabloids, and especially the courtroom!

DixieChick4GB
05-23-2001, 07:53 PM
I am happy for Tim and Kenny. Now they can get on with what they do best - MUSIC.

Elaine

Chief
05-23-2001, 09:12 PM
that's settled!!!! :)

let's party! :)

anyone up for Tim's Things Change?? :D :)

Chris Gaines
05-23-2001, 09:55 PM
Just remember ...

OJ was aquitted in his trial too.. but had to pay millions in fines in the civil section of the case...

Jason

Garthfan92
05-23-2001, 09:58 PM
I'm glad the whole thing is over! It never should have gone to court. It sounds to me like no one involved really handled themselves the way they should have that night, and much more was made out of it than necessary because they wouldn't let it drop. I hope they've all learned something from it, and that the civil suit doesn't go forward. If it does, we'll never hear the end of this!

Lisa

Pilgrim
05-24-2001, 07:36 PM
Money rule the world:eek:

In the end they will probably have to pay anyway:)

Brian

BlueRose
05-24-2001, 09:07 PM
Well, I'm glad it's over just because it's over.

let it be known that they are innocent and this whole thing should have never seen the papaer, the tabloids, and especially the courtroom!

No, in this country, you're found "not guilty" if that be the case but not "innocent". However...people have been tried for much less and did we really expect any lesser of a verdict? Sorry Jason, but I don't see this turning into a civil trial...the horse wasn't harmed, was it?? LOL

Cheryl

Chris Gaines
05-24-2001, 10:28 PM
horse wasn't but the officier was.

Jason

Kerri
05-26-2001, 09:26 AM
Hey. I heard on the radio something about a woman telling Kenny he could borrow the horse, but her daddy told her not to tell anyone that she did that. Anyone else hear anything about that? I can't remember everything they said.

AgainstTheGrain
05-26-2001, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by t.m. fan
Whew!!!!!

Justice is served-- Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney were acquitted today. It's a shame these two guys had to put up with all the crap over the last 11 months. I just hope that gold digging police officer doesn't follow through with his civil suit against Tim McGraw. The man has already been through enough, he doesn't need to deal with the officer's greed.

I got so sick of hearing about the trial and the Buffalo incident. I just want to say "Amen" to it all!!!

And to all you folks who jumped to false conclusions and were so ready to jump all over Tim and Kenny's backs without hearing all the facts-- let it be known that they are innocent and this whole thing should have never seen the papaer, the tabloids, and especially the courtroom!

um.. what... the crap they had to put up with...

dont get me wrong .. i like those two and am going to see them...

HOWEVER.. remember they did in fact do something wrong... i mean tim gets off stage and punches a uniformed cop.. but its not for me to say ..after all they were found not guilty ..EVEN THOUGH it did happen

Anonymous77
05-26-2001, 08:55 PM
I wonder how different things would have been, had they not been celebs.

Just a thought...

And I don't mean just the fact that they were acquitted... I don't think it would have gotten this big or this blown outta proportion had they been your ordinary citizen.

I'm outta here now...

:p

fuzzwuzz
05-26-2001, 11:10 PM
Tim and Kenny are coming to the same venue where I recently experienced my first country event, a Strait Fest. I love Tim' new album and I have Kenny's hits on order. This recent fiasco does not make me think less of them, if anything I think they handled it well. And now they are neighbors and touring together. Maybe this experience has strengthened their friendship and their music, in which case I think I'm in for a pretty big blessing at that concert in Aug.! Can't wait!

Vanessa
05-27-2001, 03:08 PM
I'm happy for 'em!! Now they can get on with thier lives!! :)

Vanessa :)

fuzzwuzz
05-27-2001, 10:30 PM
Then again, it may not. Got this in an email news.
The prosecution finished its case Monday in Tim McGraw' trial. But now
another twist has been added. Sgt. Mark Rokitka, one of the officers who
allegedly scuffled with Tim, has filed a civil suit against Tim, citing
mental and physical distress and asking for unsaid monetary damages.

kristen166
05-28-2001, 03:38 PM
I am happy if it is over for them.

Who wants to sit in a courtroom all day. :rolleyes:

splitzer
05-28-2001, 07:17 PM
Well, in all honesty, when I heard the verdict on the radio, I yelled out multiple obscenities. It's BS. Let's face facts, shall we? TIM HIT A COP!

I like these guys a lot, Kenny moreso than Tim, but last I checked you weren't allowed to put a uniformed police officer in a headlock while he was trying to enforce the law. Isn't that obstructing justice AND assaulting a police officer?

I'm irritated. It's so dumb. I don't know that I think Kenny did anything wrong, but Tim definitely did.

Garth Always,
Dani

Wendi5000
05-28-2001, 07:52 PM
Geesh glad that one is over. I was getting sick of hearing about it. Almost as sick as I was of hearing about OJ. :)