PDA

View Full Version : Live Album Info!!!!

Chad Brothers
10-07-1998, 08:44 AM
Here's an excerpt from a Minneapolis newspaper about the live album. It's not particularly the news I wanted to hear.<p>Q: Tell us about the "Double Live" album coming out Nov. 17. I thought it was going to come out in DVD.<p>A: Philips is a great company for DVD. The whole project was supposed to be 74 minutes. . . . So Philips said they could make it. I guess I was the stupid one who didn't ask 'How many can you make a day?' They said 12,000 a day. The initial order would take 2 years to make; we're shipping 6 million. So we're hoping in the future that you can get this in DVD.<p>Q: Where did the material for the live album come from? <p>A: The Canadian tour is very heavy in the live album. The live album is something I've always wanted to do but never found the right way to do it. With every million issued, the whole cover package changes. You go to Central Park, or the fire and rain of Texas Stadium. . . . <p>We will not tell you where each cut is made because some cuts are like four cities melted into one. Some cuts are a city's crowd with some other show's music. The cuts were made from '91 to '98, but primarily during this three-year tour.<p>N

N7HVN
10-07-1998, 10:28 AM
That's about what I figured. This will not alienate any city from not being used on the live album. While this may have been necessary to do it this way this is also a great marketing tool. Here is the live album and every city could possibly be included.N