PDA

View Full Version : Garth songbooks

luvsgarth62
05-14-2001, 10:19 AM
I have a couple of songbooks where you can play most of his songs on keyboard, it's really cool. Problem is, is that everytime I've played them, they don't sound exactly right, like some notes are off-key or something.

Anyone with any of his songbooks notice the same thing?

-Alicia

MDgarthgirl
05-14-2001, 08:34 PM
Alicia,

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. I usually "adjust" the way I read it and play the correct notes. heehee.

But I can tell you that Garth likes it when people pay THAT much attention. When I met him in February '00, I asked him to sign my copy of his Limited Series pianobook. He asked me in return what I play, piano or guitar. I told him piano, and that my guitar is sitting in my room, waiting to be mastered. ;) I also told him that I found it strange to see mistakes in the way the songs are charted, compared to how he performs them. He said, "Really? Good girl!" :D Then he explained that he's not the one who charts them out and that he can't play half of them the way they are. *rolling eyes* mm-hmm. :)

So, yeah, there are mistakes, naturally. I wouldn't suppose publishing companies mass producing Garth material would care to check their work. God forbid.:p

Nash

luvsgarth62
05-15-2001, 10:06 AM
Nash,

I can't play my keyboard all that good, but I like to play it so I guess that's all that matters:)

Would Garth ever want to put the songs out the way they're supposed to be played? Just a thought.

-Alicia

MDgarthgirl
05-16-2001, 03:50 PM
I'm really not sure who charts them or how they go about it. I wouldn't imagine it's that big a deal. All the charts are supposed to give are basic guides to how they are played. I'm sure Garth and his band didn't always play it exactly the same way. The charts just give a framework. And whenever Garth adds a little of his own improvisation to how he performs the songs, it's real hard to write it exactly the same, I'm sure.

Keep practicing, either way. :)

Nash