PDA

View Full Version : Concert Review-Billy Joel/Elton John

Garthfan92
05-11-2001, 12:01 AM
I saw their show last night, and man are they both AWSOME! They both come out and sit at pianos facing each other. Elton sang Happy Birthday to Billy, who seemed to be thinking "Did you have to go make a big deal out of it and let everyone know?" LOL They played about 3 songs together to start the show. Then Elton did his solo set, followed by Billy doing his. Then they played several more songs together to end the show. They played about 3 1/2 hours between them of one hit after another. Elton did "Uptown Girl" in his set, and Billy reciprocated by doing "Yellowbrick Road" in his. All I can say is that the guys are both amazing! The piano playing, all the hit songs, and how well they turn many favs. into duets. It was an incredible show, and well worth seeing if you have the opportunity. The coolest part of the whole night though was realizing that one of Billy's band memebers was the same woman from the Chris Gaines band! Talk about a shock!

Lisa

Cheryl
05-11-2001, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the review Lisa! :) I sure do wish I was there. The woman in Billy's band that played the Chris stuff is Crystal Taliefero - very talented. I gotta know....did Billy sing Shameless or TMYFML? That woulda been just toooooooooooooo strange (lol...even if they were HIS songs first!)

Garthfan92
05-11-2001, 02:42 PM
Nope, he didn't do Shamless or TMYFML. He did do a couple others we've heard Garth do though. He did You May Be Right and NY State of Mind, which both make me think of Garth. I sure wouldn't mind hearing Garth record versions of those, cause I love hearing him do those songs!

Lisa

Pilgrim
05-11-2001, 02:47 PM
I would LOVE to see them. Unfortunately when they were in Copenhagen a few years ago Billy was sick, so it was Elton alone:o And he is not THAT good:eek:
I just posted about Crystal in a thread in the open forum;);) She also toured with Bruce Springsteen (and also with Tommy Sims) in 1993:D

The attached file is a picture from Copenhagen:D
It is from left to right Shane Fontayne, Crystal and Bruce:D

Glad you enjoyed the show:)

Brian

Garthfan92
05-11-2001, 02:57 PM
Thanks Brian. That's a cool picture. I know Elton is not the entertainer that Billy is, and part of the fun is how they'll play off each other. Sometimes it was almost like, ok who can get the crowd to get louder? Maybe you'll have another chance to see them both. I'm sure it's a much different show.

Lisa

Pilgrim
05-11-2001, 03:01 PM
I sure hope they would come back here, or atleast Billy on his own;)

I would pay for seeing him any day:D

Brian

Garthfan92
05-11-2001, 03:07 PM
I'd like to see him again, or both of them together again. I love their music, and Billy really is a great entertainer. You should keep an eye on their web sites for concert dates.

Lisa

Jude
05-13-2001, 05:26 PM
I had tickets for London and Billy got sick with kidney trouble I think. I've seen Billy twice and he is such a fantastic entertainer. Elton does a great show too but I really wanted to see them together. I got a refund on my tickets and hope they come back.

Jude

fuzzwuzz
05-14-2001, 12:34 PM
Brian, did you take that photo? It's very good! And so was Elton's show at the Philadelphia Spectrum during the Rock of the Westies tour in the 70's. I haven't seen Billy or Garth live, but Elton's was awesome back then. He lost me some with the newer stuff. I prefer the piano pounding madman I guess. Lol! But I do LOVE that new song, Perfect Day, he recently did with one of my favorite rock bands Collective Soul..."...well I'd walk a million miles to give her all she needs; but she would walk a million more to do what she believes; she'll have a perfect day..."

JulieLvsGB
05-14-2001, 09:58 PM
I've seen Billy and Elton separately, but would love to see them together. I've been hoping they come near me. No such luck as of yet anyway. :(

Julie

Garthfan92
01-18-2003, 11:02 PM
I just had to dig this up, cause my sister and I just got tickets today to see them again!!! I'm SO EXCITED!!! The show's in April, and I will be back with a concert review again then.

Lisa

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
01-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Lisa, you are soooooooooo lucky! I wish I could go see them, but don't think it will happen. Can't wait for your review!!! :D

CC

Vanessa
01-19-2003, 02:07 AM
thanks for the review :) It must've been a good show :D

God and peace,
Vanessa :)