PDA

View Full Version : Tonights ACM Awards Consisted Of...

no1cowgirl
05-10-2001, 12:03 AM
LeAnn doing a mediocre job of hosting the show.

LeAnn singing a song which included smart remarks about Curb Records and her father (seemed to me she was going thru her teenage crisis at--what, 19?).

LeAnn telling bad jokes.

LeAnn looking extremely akward as she LIP-SYNCED and attempted to dance to 'Can't Fight The Moonlight'.

LeAnn telling MORE bad jokes.

LeAnn being a show-off and singing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" (yes, a very good song--but NOT country)...

FOR GOSH'S SAKE! Get her off *L*

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*sigh*

Sorry.....

Krista

Cheryl
05-10-2001, 12:21 AM
lol Krista....I was thinking the same things while watching!

I liked Keith Urban's acceptance speach, tho....thanking "country radio and Garth - I think that's the right order"

Toby Keith was also a hoot! I was glad to see him finally win something.

And three cheers for the Dixie Chicks on Entertainer of the Year!

splitzer
05-10-2001, 01:10 AM
Sheesh.

How did I manage to forget they were on tonite?

Anyone wanna send me a copy? :rolleyes: Please?

That's very cool that Keith Urban thanked Garth... was it for help/support/etc or for being out of the way? ;)

Garth Always,
Dani

S23GBfan
05-10-2001, 01:20 AM
no1cowgirl, I thought you were being nice by saying she did a mediocre job of hosting.

I was very disappointed that LeAnn was hosting the awards so for the first time in years I didn't watch much of the show. I did however notice that everytime I turned the awards on and LeAnn was on she was talking about herself, either about her contract, her mom, her father, her name being the same as LeAnn Womack etc... Oh, and the way she laughed at all her bad jokes. It was so annoying!!! Hopefully they will NEVER have her host again.

I was also wish they would have had Martina there to perform and that Tim would have performed.

Award shows just aren't the same any more with out Garth.

Lowell Miller
05-10-2001, 02:36 AM
I hated that Lip Synched song. :eek: Gee, LeAnn...thanks for showing us your love handles while syncing that too. :rolleyes: She's going through some faze. She wants to be Britney soooo bad. :confused:

Chris Gaines
05-10-2001, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl
And three cheers for the Dixie Chicks on Entertainer of the Year!
I wish they'd go back on tour :(

Jason

minnesotagbfan
05-10-2001, 06:48 AM
you guys should have known i would jump in..lol.. there is nothing wrong with le ann or britney ... in case you dont know .. the coyote ugly soundtrack features her on it and it is selling like crazy even though the movie was out LAST SUMMER......

theres nothing wrong with making fun of your own lives...

and ya CANT choose your parents.. (i was waiting for that one..lol)

and toby keith ... OH HELL YEAH.. it was great seeing someone new up there for a change ... and faith ... well i like her music...but its someone elses turn;)

psst... i was rooting for Jo Dee or Lee Ann

and goin out on a limb.. next years entertainer of the year will be someone who hasnt gotten it before ;)

gbnut_2001
05-10-2001, 09:29 AM
:)
Keith didn't Thank Garth...............it was "God".
With Keith's Australian accent it's hard to tell,
I taped the Awards & went back over his speech &
I heard him say God.
Just wanted to correct this!
Julie

Cheryl
05-10-2001, 10:40 AM
Oops! I thought he said Garth....LOL...I guess I was just really, really, really looking for something Garth on that program!

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Lowell Miller
05-10-2001, 11:09 AM
Hey I didn't say there is anything wrong with Britney...LeAnn is going to lose "Face" and respect doing stuff like she did last night. I wish she would do "real" music.... :o If you want to do a pop like song...great! But do it well....Be original....Imitation isn't the sincerest form of flattery all the time.

loreli
05-10-2001, 11:15 AM
she didn't do a great job :(

I also thought she looked angry

the lip syncking bothered me too, i hope some of the reports of what she said this week aren't true :mad:

lori

honky
05-10-2001, 11:45 AM
YES!! I am so happy that Toby Keith won Males Vocalist of the Year :)

Tommy

minnesotagbfan
05-10-2001, 12:57 PM
lowell,

i never said you said there was anything wrong with britney ..lol.. i was just saying something i always do and it was a reason to post.. oh .. nm ..lol...

psst.. i rewatched it and le ann was the host because

1.. no one else would host
2.. she went crying to dick clark ...
3.. she wanted to show people how much she didnt learn in dance class

Lowell Miller
05-10-2001, 01:36 PM
Russ, it's all good..:D :D I didn't really think anything of it...I just posted....:D :D She did dance better than she did on the tonight show. :D I just wished she would have sung live. She really does have talent. :D

Chris Gaines
05-10-2001, 01:37 PM
4.. she wanted to be boring
5.. she probably got paid
6.. she wanted to dis her dad and the label on national tv
7.. she got paid
8.. she needed the money for the lawyer for the fight against her dad....

LOL

*runs*

Jason

minnesotagbfan
05-10-2001, 04:04 PM
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!! now that is funny stuff...

i think she spent all the money on her LA house that she was looking to get paid...

it was in in style magazine a while back ...

*ahem..clearing throat*

bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue oh so lonesome for you ... why cant i make money foooooooooooooor meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nm... :rolleyes:

phillyfan77
05-10-2001, 04:28 PM
So do you have a subscription to in style magazine? ;) LOL

*also runs*

Jim :)

Chris Gaines
05-10-2001, 05:38 PM
Russ,

keep the day job ;)

LOL

not like LeAnn's version is any better though hehehe

Jason

no1cowgirl
05-10-2001, 06:19 PM
Russ-
LeAnn has TONS of talent, definately. :) She has an awesome voice--she just needs to use it!!! You know what I mean? It's not that I don't like her music--because I do. It's the fact that she strays farther from country music everyday.

Krista

Pilgrim
05-10-2001, 07:29 PM
LeAnn is very very very cool:):):)

Brian:)

no1cowgirl
05-10-2001, 07:55 PM
Brian-
You might think a little less of her if you would've seen the ACM's last night. Blah. Of course--I never liked her immensely--she was very rude to me when I met her. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Krista

splitzer
05-10-2001, 08:02 PM
Quoting myself from the thread originally announcing that she would host...

Ick.

Garth Always,
Dani

Garth Always,
Dani ;)

minnesotagbfan
05-11-2001, 03:18 AM
LMAO Danielle !!!!!!!!!

but hey i like le ann .. have ever since right after blue came out... and she was an added artist to country jam 96 and the whole day she was there the buzz was about her.. and she blew everyone away that day..

but krista.. lets not get into the what is and what isnt country discussion... i think if its on country radio and then pop radio .. it is still country ... :)

splitzer
05-11-2001, 03:43 AM
Russ...

You just got into the conversation by adding your opinion. ;)

Garth Always,
Dani

redstrokes77
05-11-2001, 08:24 AM
Aren't they playing pop songs on country radio too?

Back at One- Mark Wills
I Could Not Ask For More- Sara Evans

deb

Lowell Miller
05-11-2001, 11:01 AM
LeAnn does have talent but it seems she's turning her back on everything country. Faith still hold some country roots...I almost feel sorry for LeAnn, I talked to a friend back in Columbus. He said the radio station had a phone in poll asking what people thought of LeAnn and the response really shocked them. People are disappointed with her, the station said they have never seen that many people call in against an artist :( I hope everything hasn't gone to her head...but being rude to a fan, there is no excuse for that.

loreli
05-11-2001, 01:37 PM
My radio station reported that LeAnn said she never would sing country again and never wanted to in the first place :(

Lori

Charles
05-12-2001, 12:18 AM
about the only part I liked which contained leann rimes was when she sang "somewhere over the rainbow"

she has a good voice, so she should stick with really singing and quit trying to "fight the moonlight"

haha

Lowell Miller
05-12-2001, 01:36 AM
:D :D LMAO Charles..... Look out TRL!!!!! :p :p :p