PDA

View Full Version : Finally some news on the new album!

Darrell
05-02-2001, 10:05 PM
From countrystars.com GARTH'S ALBUM OUT LATER THAN PLANNED
Last Fall when Garth Brooks revealed he would record one more vintage Garth country album, he said he hoped to release it by Mother's Day or Father's Day this year. With Mother's day just around the corner it was obvious it wasn't coming by then. We checked in and found out that the album will not be out by Mother's Day and probably not Father's Day and probably not until later in the Summer or his traditional release time, the Fall. At this point, not even his label, Capitol-Nashville, knows when the album will be turned in. They may find out early next week when they meet with Garth. The delay (if that's the right term) is related to how massive Brooks' search for songs has been (over 10,000 he says). Also, his camp says there's an attitude of "no album will be released before its time

:confused: Oh well, thanksgiving isn't that far away..:rolleyes:

phillyfan77
05-02-2001, 10:08 PM
No hurry Garth. We will wait.

The CD might even make a great stocking stuffer! ;)

Jim :)

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
05-02-2001, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the article Darrell :)

I say "Good for you Garth!" Release it when you feel
it is ready to be released :) I am patient and can
wait.

CC

Triple J
05-02-2001, 10:19 PM
We Aussies propably won't get it until next year then.

Vanessa
05-02-2001, 10:23 PM
Take your time Garth!! We'll wait patiently!! :)

Vanessa :)

GRTH FAN
05-02-2001, 10:45 PM
All Good Things Are Worth Waiting For!!
But remember Garth, "NO DAY HOLDS AS MUCH FUTURE AS TODAY"
Donna :)

garthfamily
05-03-2001, 01:26 AM
Aussies:) If I can help get it sooner for you I will

Sharon

kjsyong
05-03-2001, 01:33 AM
hey!! dont leave out Kiwis too!!!!!!! :p

honky
05-03-2001, 01:33 AM
I can wait :)

Tommy

jstensig
05-03-2001, 08:12 AM
I had the feeling... I can wait.:)

Jakob

MDgarthgirl
05-03-2001, 08:20 AM
*chuckle* ...Does anybody else find it humorous that the "latest news" is something we've basically known for a month cuz Garth shared the same words with people after the Johnny Russell tribute? ;)

I guess there's something to be said for it being "officially reported" or something.

Here's to Garth for always swinging that sword of his. :D Keep it up, bud.

Nash

Lowell Miller
05-03-2001, 12:48 PM
Ahhh Garth the perfectionist......

Garthfan92
05-03-2001, 07:13 PM
Garth knows when the album is what he wants it to be. I'm happy to wait until then!

Lisa

SweetGBFan
05-03-2001, 07:24 PM
I too can wait, but Im still hoping for July. I know he has mentioned that a small tour was possible with the release of the album to promote it, but if it doesnt get released until fall, does that mean he puts off retirement to promote the album? If thats the case, I will wait for the album if we have Garth for another year.

Darrell
05-03-2001, 08:32 PM
MDgarthgirl,
Sorry some of us can't rush to Nashville at the drop of a hat. We have to wait to hear it from those close to Garth or news reports...:o

G-f
05-03-2001, 09:10 PM
Hey Folks,
Remember Garth's "sayings" the last time when he held Sevens for sooooo long. They tried to make him do it their way, but he kept saying to himself....THERE'S ALWAYS CHRISTMAS, I really think he deep down prefers to put an album out because he knows more is going to be bought during that time. I just bet it will be Christmas. Anyone agree??? Remember him saying that??? :)
Tricia

MDgarthgirl
05-03-2001, 11:10 PM
Darrell,

I said "we've" known because I meant that from the people who did hear it from Garth that night, his words have been posted here at PG.

Didn't mean to offend.
Nash

Wendi5000
05-07-2001, 01:49 PM
I think Garth said he was making a new album so that he could "retire" without really retiring. I don't think there are any real plans for a new album, but by saying that, he leaves himself an opening to come back when he gets tired of "retirement." :eek:

Now, this is just my opinion, and I know it's not popular. So feel free to disagree; I'm not going to say any more on it because my mind is made up. If and when the new album appears, I may feel differently :).

writegerl
05-07-2001, 02:30 PM
Won't believe it till ya see it, huh?

The eternal pessimist ;)

ah, well. I doubt highly that Garth would say he was working on a new album and not be. Label me gullible if you wish, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.