PDA

View Full Version : Garth Tribute CD From Us

mikeb49
04-23-2001, 09:10 PM
I read about someone talking about us making a CD for garth, from us here at planetgarth.

That sounds like a great idea.

What do you folks think?

I have a CD Burner, a program that will put wav's and mp3s into music format. Even the stuff to make labels. Let me know, I will be more than glad to help out!

~Mike

nackerflux@hotmail.com

MDgarthgirl
04-27-2001, 03:36 PM
Mike,

I think I remember seeing this in the main forum. It does sound like a great idea, but so much goes into such a project, I'm not sure if the end justifies the means.

The masses at PG are welcome to prove me wrong, though. We'll see if anything comes of it.

Nash

Chris Gaines
04-27-2001, 03:45 PM
Well in order to do such a project.. you would need permission from the songwriters of the songs, and also Garth (since he's wrote about 1/2 the stuff too)

Even if your just "handing it to Garth, and friends on PG" you would need permission for the "handout."

With that.. then also to do Studio time.. (wihch wouldn't be cheap) unless someone here owns one and can let us "borrow it"

It's a great idea that Bruce Springsteen Fans thought up last year (They mass produced it (Put it in stores))

There is a lotta background work that would really need done first before something like this could be started.

But I'm game to help.. if the ball ever gets started. But I won't jump in unless the legal issues are written in stone.

Jason

littlebit
05-02-2001, 10:50 AM
Soooooooooo,

What if we use our own songs and make a book of cowboy poetry with them for Garth and Stillwater?

No studio time, No worrying about permission, Everyone could make their own page on their computer and we put it all together.

After all what is a song?

But Poetry set to music. ;)

XIXMaverickXIX
05-02-2001, 09:19 PM
Hmmm littlebit has a good point...just heard that yesterday from my english teacher. It wouldnt be to hard to do with everyone willing. The only problem I would see is finding someone to sing all of the songs. I know the logical answer, but the logical one doesnt seem right. I dont think I would want to paint a tribute painting to me, ya know? Otherwise I'd say its a good idea.

mikeb49
05-04-2001, 09:47 PM
as a poetry writer and a inspiring musician i would love any of the above

let me know, i am in!

:)

i love this stuff~!

~Mike
a_new_way_to_fly@hotmail.com
nackerflux@hotmail.com

colona13
05-07-2001, 10:25 PM
Hey, if any of this gets off the ground.. count me in! (I sing and attempt to write atleast lyrics, although i'm not so great)

Penny

mikeb49
05-08-2001, 12:16 AM
I think the book of poetry would be neat. However, there aren't many companies that do really good jobs at making books for such an occasion. Nelly had a hard time even getting Josten's to get things right, and Josten's is one of the more respected companies to make books for this sort of thing.

If anyone is interested, we could really get a book of poetry together. I think we could go at it from a different angle than "from us at planetgarth" since that has already been done (and mighty well might I add).

Anyone interested? Drop me a line! I would love to get this off the ground.

Sincerely,
Mike

nackerflux@hotmail.com
a_new_way_to_fly@hotmail.com