PDA

View Full Version : Review of Collin Raye Show!!

Garthfan92
04-21-2001, 01:40 PM
Well, I was too tired to get on and post when I got home last night/this morning after the show, so here it is now that I've had some sleep. Andy Griggs opened (who had beaten Collin and his crew pretty badly in a charity football game they played earlier in the day!) He had some mic problems, but was pretty good. Needless to say, the women went crazy over his leather pants! He did put on a good show.

Collin was AWSOME!!! :cool: He puts SO much emotion into his performance. It blew me away. He did ALL the hits. Some in medleys, and he explained why. He said that once they reached a point where they had to drop some from the show, he'd meet people later who said, "We drove all this way just for this one song, and you didn't even do it!" So now, he trys to get them ALL in, even if it's a shortened version. He joked a lot with the crowd, especially when he introduced the band. They each have a personal "theme song" the rest of the band plays when they get introduced! It's absolutly hillarious! :D Collin's is "You Can't Touch This" LOL Just try to picture him dancing to it if you've never seen him! We were all laughing SO hard. He tried to sign as many autographs for people up front as he could, but especially the kids. And he does throw out A LOT of sweaty towels! He said that he tries to play here every year, and I plan on going back next year!!! It has to be the best show I've seen since my last Garth show! I walked away an even bigger fan than before by far!

Lisa

Jude
04-21-2001, 03:35 PM
Glad you enjoyed it. Knew you would

Jude

Pilgrim
04-21-2001, 07:16 PM
Very cool Lisa:):)

How long was the show??:o

Brian:)

Garthfan92
04-21-2001, 09:54 PM
Brian, Andy played about an hour, and Collin played about 2hrs. It was SO much fun!

Lisa

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
04-22-2001, 10:57 PM
Yay Lisa! I'm so glad you had a good time:)
Collin is awesome and wow he signed autographs
up front...too cool :) he is always willing to
do stuff for the kids:) Aren't those band member
intros hilarious! I love his "Can't touch this" dance LOL

Collin is such a great guy too. He is spokesperson for a wonderful charity called ChildHelp USA which promotes awareness of child abuse.

I can't wait until I get to see another of his
shows :D

CC

PS: Oh yeah..I forgot to ask...did you catch a towel? lol

Garthfan92
04-23-2001, 10:48 PM
I was much too far away to catch a towel. :( Maybe next time though! I won't wait at all to get ticets next time!

Lisa

BlueRose
04-24-2001, 08:14 PM
I agree Lisa, Collin does put on a really good show!! I just saw him 3/24/01. But, he signed autographs??? That's something I've been told by some die-hard Collin "freaks" that he never does!

Cheryl

Garthfan92
04-24-2001, 10:01 PM
Don't know his usual policy about signing, but he was signing near the end of the show for several people up front. Mostly for kids, but he seemed to be trying to get to anyone close enough he saw with something to sign.

Lisa

splitzer
04-27-2001, 08:52 PM
I'm seeing Collin on May 4, so I hope he's signing at that show!!! I cannot WAIT for the "Can't Touch This" dance. :p

Thanks for the review! I'm getting more excited by the day!

Garth Always,
Danielle

Garthfan92
04-27-2001, 09:28 PM
Enjoy Danielle! You're gonna have a GREAT time!

Lisa

splitzer
05-08-2001, 06:25 AM
WOW!!!

I had an absolute blast!! I will never get over the "Can't Touch This" dance!! OMG!!

He's so good live. We were a few rows back, and for the encore (four/five songs) we were right up at the stage. I got to squeeze his hand, but no autograph. :( He signed some for others, but didn't come over to my side of the stage at that point.

It was an amazing show, though. Ticketmaster screwed up and sent me tickets to the show this Saturday, too, close to here, but I have to work, and really can't afford the tickets... plus the seats kinda suck. :rolleyes: I'm trying to get them to refund my CC. I wish I didn't have to, though, I'd love to see him again!

If you have the chance to see Collin Raye live, GO!

Garth Always,
Dani

Vanessa
05-08-2001, 03:54 PM
Thanks for sharing your review Dani!! That was amamzing!! :)

Vanessa :)

Garthfan92
05-08-2001, 10:15 PM
I knew you'd have a great time too! He does put on an awsome show.

Lisa