PDA

View Full Version : "She Misses Him"

kjsyong
04-21-2001, 03:44 AM
Anyone heard and love this song??

Is Tim Rushlow, the singer of this song?

I love this song for it is so full of love... and just so wonderful. dont you all agree??

my tears flow from my eyes, as i sing along and read the words... the second verse touches me a lot, i was thinking of my grandpa, he is back in the hometown and after not seeing him for some years already... i miss looking at his soft but rugged old face, so sweet and full of life.

She Misses Him
Sung by Tim Rushlow, Atlantic Recording Artist. Written by: Tim Johnson
copyrighted by respective owner.

She shaves his face
She combs his hair
She helps him find
His rocking chair
She cooks his meal
She wipes his mouth
And the window that
He's looking out

She reads him books
She speaks his name
Oh everyday is much the same
She sighs that sigh
From deep within
The one that says
She misses him.

*chorus*
She misses his gentle touch
And the way he used to make her laugh
She misses the man he was
In all of those old photographs
So strong, so kind, so sweet, so smart
The man who stole her very heart
She misses him.

His children come on Saturday
There at his feet his grandkids play
It's sad they don't know him at all
He's just the one they call grandpa

They take out his trash
They mow his lawn
Things he can't do
Since he's been gone
She's grateful that
They're pitching in
And like everyone else
She misses him.

*chorus*
She misses him.

*bridge*
And Yes, they're still together
After all these years
But sometimes you can almost feel
The sadness in her tears.

*chorus*
She misses him.

kjsyong
04-21-2001, 03:48 AM
this song gave me the sense that the "he" in this song suffered a memory loss, or perhaps "he" is aged and suffered the Alzheimer disease... and hence "she" misses "him" for the old time that "he" was...

what do you all think?

kjsyong
04-21-2001, 06:35 AM
I like this song so much, and i wanted everyone to at least take a look at the music video this song was made for...

the link to that video is here (http://www.timrushlow.com/realclip/newsreel/rushlow_low.ram) and it is just low resolution version (56k). (High resolution version (http://www.timrushlow.com/realclip/newsreel/rushlow_high.ram))

and Tim Rushlow also sing this as a benefit to the Alzheimer Research, here's the link (http://www.littletexas.com/rush.htm)

and the link to tim rushlow (http://www.timrushlow.com/)

splitzer
04-21-2001, 07:36 AM
On Terri's behalf, since she seems to have not noticed this thread, may I say the following. :)

"She Misses Him" was written by Tim Johnson, who Terri introduced a few of us to in Nashville last month. He's a really nice guy, from what I could tell.

The original video was a tribute to Ronald and Nancy Reagan - President Reagan suffers from Alzheimer's. The Ronald Reagan "people" asked him to change it, though. Dunno why, for sure.

I can't say if that's what Tim J had in mind when he wrote it, but that's what Tim R had in mind when he cut it.

Garth Always,
Danielle

Pilgrim
04-21-2001, 07:11 PM
I haven't heard it:o

brian

shmlss4gb
04-21-2001, 10:47 PM
I love this song. I first heard it in January when Tim Johnson(the writer of the song) was performing at a little place called The Swallow at the Hollow in Atlanta, GA. Tim and I became friends that night, as you could probably figure out based on what Dani said.

Tim wrote this song based on a family experience. Yes, it was based on a wife and husband where the husband had Alzheimer's. And yes, it was written based on the loved ones point of view, and how they miss the man he was before the disease struck him. The woman in the song is still alive, and she's 103, but unfortunately, the man is no longer with us. :(

I have heard both Tim J's version and Tim R's version of the song. And my own personal opinion is that Tim J's version is much better the Tim R's. Not that Tim R does a bad job, but Tim J is singing based on a personal experience and puts a lot more passion and feeling into the song.

However no matter who sings it, the lyrics are extremely beautiful and touching and I cry every time I hear the song.

If anyone wants to hear Tim J's version of this song, they can listen to it at http://www.liveonthenet.com/checkin-all.cgi?menu=checkmain+path=/events/country/bluebird/show355/. It's about half way into the show.

Terri

JulieLvsGB
04-29-2001, 09:55 PM
Hey Terri,

I listened to Tim Johnson's version of the song and I must say I like his version better than Tim Rushlow's also. :) And I also had the pleasure of being introduced to Tim Johnson while in Nashville. He seems like a really nice guy! :)

Everytime I hear this song I can't help but cry. It is very touching. My local radio station played the song with some audio of Ronald Reagan speaking throughout the song and they were getting a lot of requests for it. That was also very sad. I needed a tissue :(

Julie

Country@Heart
04-29-2001, 10:36 PM
I haven't heard the song yet.
I have to pay more attention to the radio. LOL
(Julie okay? ROFLMAO)

Country@Heart :)

JulieLvsGB
04-29-2001, 10:39 PM
You should! LOL :p

Julie

shmlss4gb
04-29-2001, 10:43 PM
Terri....

This is a must hear song... have Julie play the Tim J's version of it for you.... or head over to the link in my post. :-)

Terri

Country@Heart
04-29-2001, 10:45 PM
Sis,

You pay attention for me. LOL
Call me when it comes on the radio so I can hear it. LOL

Country@Heart :)

JulieLvsGB
04-29-2001, 10:49 PM
Okay..it's a deal! :p Be prepared to be called at any time...day or night! LOL Stay OFF the phone and OFFline! :p

Julie

shmlss4gb
04-29-2001, 10:53 PM
Here's a thought... the song has been stuck at #7, how about calling the station and requesting it...I like #7 and all, but we need to get it higher on the charts. :)

Terri

Darrell
04-30-2001, 03:30 PM
I liked the song at first but my radio staion has run it in the ground...

kjsyong
04-30-2001, 08:07 PM
i still think this song is still fresh and cool.. deserve more listeners though!!! :) :p