PDA

View Full Version : Poll: "Ripples" a movie, would you see it?

nelty
04-20-2001, 07:45 PM
Hi people...

first of all, :rolleyes:

Second of all, I have to say that I have do respect for reincarnation. Don't think I don't. No offence, but this is way over the head rediculous.

There is speculation that the character of Chris Gaines may have emerged from Garth's deep memories of having been Ryan, rather than his pure imagination.
No offence but that's ludicrous. :rolleyes:

When the first photo of Chris Gaines came out, people who had read 'Ripples' said - 'Look Jenny - it's Ryan!' The description in 'Ripples' is of someone darker than Garth, with a narrower face, and long, shaggy black hair.
:rolleyes: Again, no offence...

**NOTE: Mr. Chris Gaines.... I APOLOGIZE if this sounds like dissing you. You look GREAT and all NOW to the 21st Century.. So don't be mad at me

:rolleyes:But to have someone that looks like CG back in the 18th century, he will be thought as a warlocks and not a knight. You know how freakie he would have looked back then?:rolleyes:

In Numerology terms Ryan and Chris share the same birth number and the numerical number of their two names is also identical.
Maybe Garth is working through some of the events from his life as Ryan, through the character of Gaines.

Again... that's just way too weird for me... I'm just a kid... I still have nightmares... :eek: WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! DADDDDDYYYY

There are other strange *coincidences* happening - the book is called Ripples - ripples make circles - Garth's latest song talks about reaching circle's end - the film Frequency, with the song in it, was released in the UK on Ryan's birthday. There are 360 degrees in a circle - this August 29th was 360 years since Ryan was killed

WOW Jenny, you really do have GREAT thought process, it still beats me how you went from ripples in the water to the movie. Frequency is a good movie, no offence, but please dont' ruin it for most of us.

- Garth's daughter is called August - Jenny met Garth on August's birthday - Chris Gaines was born in August.
That... ummm... hmmmm... ok.... now that's just plain silly. Sorry I ran out of words to use. :(

The idea is good and all, it's a little or ummm ok... way too weird for me. I just think that you are trying a little way too hard on this.

Ok. I've kept um hm um :X for a long long time. It's not I dont' like the idea but it's just way to weird. NOW, I know this is not going to be most "famous" subject with most people and this is just my own opinion. A few people agreed with me so I guess I'm not CRAZY and still considered as the sane. Whew!

AS for me??? I haven't read the book and no I'll not watch the movie. I like to remember Garth as Garth and the way he is thank you very much. Guess I'm just a scary cat.... oh well... ;)

Nelly :rolleyes:

ps: ok.. ducking out of the way RIGHT NOW

(All quotes taken from the author's official webpage. Link can be supplied, if asked.)

Pilgrim
04-20-2001, 08:36 PM
I think you would have to dig a hole for that post;);)

Please make it big enough for two because I agree with you:)

Brian:)

splitzer
04-20-2001, 08:39 PM
I don't believe in reincarnation, I don't think, but if Garth believed it or at least respected it, I might see it. Since he doesn't... nah.

Garth Always,
Danielle

nelty
04-20-2001, 08:43 PM
Brian

I'm digging I'm digging... sheesh.. Is 6 feet deep enough??? I'm digging since ohhhhh... an hour ago... :rolleyes: Give me a break will ya.

There's another shovel behind you, help yourself with it.:p

Nelly

Chris Gaines
04-20-2001, 08:46 PM
Dig a hole for 3 please. LOL
;)

Jason

Pilgrim
04-20-2001, 08:50 PM
Damn!! We have to work hard now:p:p

We need some machinery to help us out;)

Brian

nelty
04-20-2001, 09:01 PM
hmmm Jason.. ya can dig ya own hole... LOL.. ya too big ;) j/k :p

Nelly

Lowell Miller
04-20-2001, 09:56 PM
Come on guys don't judge something you haven't read. The Idea behind Frequency was way out there....I really liked Frequency but a son talking to his dad from the past on his radio? I checked out the company behind the movie(Ripples) and it's a real company that makes good films. :D I really love movies and you can't judge a movie until you have seen it....or even read the book. I've seen some of Jenny's interviews and she always speaks of Garth with the highest respect. I really don't think the focus is going to be on GB. I think it will be more of a story between Ryan and Madeleine...It has gotten attention on many successful English talk shows...there are a lot of people interested in it. :D Garth got a copy of the book a while back. He's powerful enough to stop it if he wants. It does give Garth some English exposure..........................I bet I didn't change you mind. :p :D

loreli
04-20-2001, 09:58 PM
Make a hole for four we can have a party :)

I always loved to make mud pies :p

In all seriousness, if it was just about Ryan it would be okay. If Garth got into it I would go ballistic.

Lori

Chris Gaines
04-20-2001, 10:36 PM
Lowell,

from the looks of her website.. the focus is on how Ryan *IS* GB .. I'm sorry but she better not be using GB's name in the ads or in the movie.. or I think she may get a little legal battle with GBM.

:o
Jason

nelty
04-20-2001, 10:51 PM
Gosh Lowell

I love movies too... My TV is on when ever I'm home to keep me company.

Being a fan is one thing but to a point to make person uncomfortable is another.

This is really ridiculous. :o :mad: I'm with Jason.

Nelly

Frankie-20-100
04-20-2001, 10:55 PM
Can I stay out of the hole and agree with you anyway???
Iím to claustrophobic to jump in with you guys but Iím with you up here LOL

France :eek: :(

nelty
04-20-2001, 11:01 PM
that's ok...

you can be the lookout person... ;)

Nelly

ps: did you get my PM???

SeaGBfan
04-20-2001, 11:12 PM
I'd go see it. I think Jenny is sweet and she has her opinion. Whether I believe it or not is a mute question. Who cares. She does and she has always been very nice and has been very open and honest about what she feels. Who can fault that? She is a very interesting person and I wish her all success. My opinion.

Mary

Frankie-20-100
04-20-2001, 11:14 PM
Nelly
Yes I did thank you neighbor :p :p

I was going to email you about the payment information but since you asked :)

I want my copy of that book... I mean the tribute book. LOL

France

nelty
04-20-2001, 11:17 PM
Well France..

ya got to email me then. huh. :) gbcgfan@home.com.

I'll be waiting for ya. :D

Nelly

ps: I hope you are save and sound at home. :(

Frankie-20-100
04-20-2001, 11:23 PM
I'm safe and sound. The crazy mob is at a 150 miles from here so no problem. :rolleyes:

email is coming

France

garthfamily
04-20-2001, 11:38 PM
Well Nelly make that hole a bit bigger will ya :)
I've read the book it is more about Ryan than GB but it was kinda weird dont think I'll be going and seeing the movie.:)

Sharon

sasteen
04-20-2001, 11:50 PM
I also think Jenny, the author is a nice person.

Sure, she thinks a little different than most.......but, this world sure would be a boring place if we all acted the same, thought the same, dressed the same, talked the same.........you get the picture.

I give anyone credit who accomplishes something like writing a book and getting it published.......I pat her on the back for that.

The book was interesting. I, myself, was interested in the story of Madeline and Ryan, and not so much as to how Garth fits into the whole picture.

Just my opinion

Shelly Pa

CheyenneWindRoper
04-21-2001, 01:53 AM
"Ripples" a movie, would you see it?

NO!

Mary Liz

Chris Gaines
04-21-2001, 02:11 AM
Lowell,

I forgot something for ya...

The Idea behind Frequency was way out there....I really liked Frequency but a son talking to his dad from the past on his radio?
You need to see the Frequency Movie's official site.. the idea of this film is NOT way out there.. and SCIENTISTS (not an author) but SCIENTISTS have proven that it could happen.

There is a slight difference ;)

Jason

ShellyGirl
04-21-2001, 04:09 AM
I think we need a backhoe to dig that hole!!!!! Count me in! No, I have not read the book, nor do I plan on seeing the movie

jstensig
04-21-2001, 05:24 AM
I Wanna help dig also.

Jakob

SueMc
04-21-2001, 05:24 AM
May I point out that you are talking about someone who is not here to defend herself. :(
I am astonished that the moderators have not picked up on that. :eek:

Secondly are you in the position to know what Garth feels?
:confused:

I put news about the book in our magazine as it becomes available, and I think I would have been stopped. A member of Garth's team is actually a friend of mine. I have known him years so I think he would have said something by now. If you were in the music business you would know that all publicity is good publicity.

I repeat ALL PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY!
That works both ways.
Sue

splitzer
04-21-2001, 06:03 AM
Sue,

Honestly, I don't think anyone means to be picking on Jenny. We're more picking on the idea that Jenny is behind. It is different.

I have always known Jenny to be very nice and respectful, and I totally respect her right and her ambition to write a book and make a movie and stand up for what she believes is true, no matter how many people might bash her for it. That takes guts. HOWEVER, I do not respect her pursuing something that she has to know will reflect on Garth, when Garth does not support it. People who see the movie and do not know much about Garth could easily assume that he agreed to it or agrees with it. If they think it's as silly as some people do, that reflects poorly on Garth... my point is that if Garth doesn't support it, she shouldn't bring his name into it at all. Just make a movie about Ryan. People would see it, people love movies like that.

Also... some of us DO know how Garth feels. Remember, he talks pretty openly to those of us who see him personally... he says things we would never repeat, out of courtesy to him. I've exchanged words with him that I wouldn't share, I know Mary Liz has done so... I'm sure many of us have, because Garth is very open with us. Anyway, some of us do know. He prefers to not call attention to it. If he gets up and makes an issue out of it, even more people will become interested in it, which is what he wants to avoid.

Garth Always,
Danielle

SueMc
04-21-2001, 06:13 AM
True, Danielle, we all have a right to our beliefs and opinions.

By the way, talking of all publicity being good publicity. Jenny now is a professional TV presenter with her own daily show. Her friends may like to know that, and I am sure she will not mind me sharing.

nelty
04-21-2001, 09:45 AM
Sue

like Danielle said and thanks Danielle. Nothing personal but its the idea and what it has become.

and ummmm... nevermind...

Nelly

Wendi5000
04-22-2001, 09:18 PM
So we don't agree with or like the idea of her book - but being as Jenny has been banned and can't even defend herself, is it really necessary to bash her :o? I only wonder what Garth would think if he saw our behavior :o.

I applaud those who have already pointed this out :).

Pilgrim
04-22-2001, 09:43 PM
May I point out that you are talking about someone who is not here to defend herself.
Hmmm the way I see it jenny is a celeb:) She has written a book and is now a celeb:)

We talk about Garth, Trisha, Brooks & Dunn and LOTS of other artists, and many of them is trashed big time sometimes.
No one feel the need to say we can't discuss them because they are not here to "defend themselves":eek:

Brian:)

Snow
04-22-2001, 09:45 PM
Hmmmmmmm.......

I don't think anyone (most anyway) are bashing Jenny. They just don't support the movie idea and are explaining themselves.

The book is out in the public now... so it's going to be talked about. You can't expect people on a message board that is about Garth (and the best darn one out there too), to NOT talk about a book or possible movie connected in some way with Garth.

We can't MAKE people say nice things about it if they don't feel that way... though I would hope they don't make personal insults. That isn't necessary.

But... it's public... it's out there... and to think people aren't going to talk about it... or are only going to talk nicely is a little naive.

Garthsevens
04-22-2001, 09:48 PM
:confused: I am not sure what I would do unless the movie was out.

Aka crackerjacktgb

nelty
04-22-2001, 10:02 PM
Well.. let me be the first to welcome back the thread to its existant.

For the record, I am NOT bashing Jenny, only do not like, do not support the idea of hers.

Nelly

Wendi5000
04-22-2001, 10:02 PM
Jenny was a member here and she was constantly terrorized the whole time she was here, just because we didn't agree with her beliefs. She finnally got banned, due to circumstances that do not need to be discussed here. Now we're continueing the bashing and she can't defend herself anymore. :o

When PG becomes official the owner and administrators and moderators are going to be celebrities of sorts. I don't think anyone is going to see it as appropriate to bash them :eek:.

We might think the idea of the book and movie is pretty far-out and insane. But is it really any crazier than[list=a]
Creating an alter-ego
Making a fictional life for said alter-ego
Making a movie about said fictional life of said alter-ego
Releasing the "Greatest Hits" album of said alter-ego rock star
Appearing in televised interviews as said fictional character to talk about fictional life
[/list=a]
?? :p

loreli
04-22-2001, 10:36 PM
This isn't about Jenny, this is about a movie being made about Garth (maybe?? that part isn't clear)

I wouldn't like it if I were in Garth's position, frankly it would piss me off.

As I said earlier if it was just about Ryan then more power to her. If she involves Garth, I think she will have big problems.

Lori

nelty
04-22-2001, 10:41 PM
This is NOT creating an alter ego or making a fictional life for said alter-ego.

Jenny's saying that Ryan is Garth and Garth's Ryan. If not, that's what I got from her website.

Creating an alter ego and saying that "it" is real, is 2 totally diff thing.

And I'm with Lori.

Nelly

Hawk7lte
04-22-2001, 10:51 PM
Wouldn't read the book, wouldn't see the movie.

Haven't seen anyone being terrorized on here either.

Have seen a lot of discussion about concepts.

Hawk

Wendi5000
04-22-2001, 10:55 PM
Why is Jenny going to have problems if she "involves" Garth? At least she isn't selling a book containing copywrited material in a celebrity's name without his permission. :o

Snow
04-22-2001, 10:57 PM
Celebrities??? Moderators??? *lol* Does not compute! Still giggles. :) J/K

Anyway... No, you're right... I personally don't think even public figures deserved to be bashed.... but perhaps our definitions of bashed need to be aligned.

I don't see as how disagreeing or disliking someone's work is bashing them.

To me bashing would be calling them foul names or making slanderous and damaging statements about them. Disliking something they wrote and promote isn't bashing in my book.

Should we ban the whole subject?

Should we only allow positive comments?

Where exactly do we draw the line?

As I said already, I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect members not to talk about the subject.

It IS an odd situation. Jenny was a member here. She has a book. There has been talk of the book becoming a movie.

Think about it this way... if Jenny had never shown up at PG... and this book came out with possibilites of a movie.... would we be expected not to talk about it? Of course not. Even if the author told us not to talk about it, they wouldn't have much of a case unless we were making large uncited quotes from the book. It's a book... you can't stop people from giving their opinion!

Just IMHO.... and NOT in any way in the capcity of a moderator.

kristen166
04-22-2001, 11:01 PM
Well I don't have them beliefs in reincarnation, but I don't see this as a big deal.

I am sure if she wants to use Garth Brooks or anything about him in her movie she is smart enough to get the proper consent from GB or his people or whomever she has to go through.

If she gets their consent and the movie ends up being Garth related then I see no problem with it. If she don't use Garth in her movie I see no problem. If she uses Garth without proper consent from him then there will be a problem I suppose, but between her and GB.

I don't believe in reincarnation or anything, but I do find some of it to be interesting. How can we be so sure Garth is completely against her ideas of her thinking he is ryan or something. I never heard Garth give his views on it. Until he does I will not speak for him.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how everything turns out.:)

Chris Gaines
04-22-2001, 11:04 PM
Wendi,

to try and answer your question.,..

Garth never "approved" his name to help sell this book. Garth never approved his name to be in this book. But Garth is there.. on her website (for advertising) and inside her book.

If Garth also gets added to the movie in anyway, Jenny could be sued. (Garth could have sued for the book as well, but declined to do so. I think he stated that "No publicity with the help of me is better then bad publicity from me" something like that)

Does that help?
Jason

Chris Gaines
04-22-2001, 11:06 PM
If she gets their consent and the movie ends up being Garth related then I see no problem with it. If she don't use Garth in her movie I see no problem. If she uses Garth without proper consent from him then there will be a problem I suppose, but between her and GB.

that's the thing Kristen.. she did not, not from Garth anyways.

Jason

Snow
04-22-2001, 11:08 PM
That's pretty close to what I understood him to say about the book. Disapproving of the book would draw attention to it so he'd rather not comment on it at all.

kristen166
04-22-2001, 11:11 PM
Jason for the book?

Is she already making a movie?

Well if she got in trouble for the book then she should know not to do a movie without consent? I would think. I would hope as well.

Wendi5000
04-22-2001, 11:11 PM
Did Nelly and the others have permission to not only sell a book with Garth's name but also to include copywrited material? Hmmmm :eek: And they seemed to have quite fun flaming me for suggesting a way that they could sell the copies they were griping about not having sold yet :eek:.

Wendi5000
04-22-2001, 11:14 PM
I also fail to understand why it is ok to speak negatively of something a fellow PGer has done, while many PGers were flamed for voicing any hint of negativity about the Chris Gaines Project :eek:.

Snow
04-22-2001, 11:21 PM
Ok Wendi... I'm confused... not to mention it's off-topic... but I'll bite...

What material in the tribute book are you talking about? As far as I know permission was given for all non-public domain pictures and such in the book. AS for negative speaking. AS far as I'm concerned you can speak negatively about the Chris Gaines project all you like as long as it doesn't become a flame. You have a right to your opinion as do others when it comes to Garth's work. Of course those that disagree with your opinion are bound to express their opinion about your opinion... as long as they don't flame either.

Kristen... as far as I know Jenny didn't get in trouble for anything. She wasn't given any permission though. As we said... Garth declined to comment on it at all in order to not give any publicity for a book that has had limited distribution anyway.

nelty
04-23-2001, 12:07 AM
At least she isn't selling a book containing copywrited material in a celebrity's name without his permission

If you are referring to the Tribute book, all copyright materials were credited for and the book IS registered for copyright.

2, the book is made FOR Garth, all the material used were carefully collected and laid out by each of the section moderators. Each section moderator, proofreaders and myself, a total of 32 people, made sure of that

Please let me remind everyone that there are 350 copies printed because of the cost of the book. I had initially decided to go with 100 or 150 at max, just cause the book is for Garth and we want to make sure that it's special.

And this book is at NO profit. NONE of the people working on this book is making anything off this book. Every thing is volunteer work. (Almost 2 whole year of volunteer work)

I have pulled my hair out, bounced off the wall, lost sleep, talked to people, the whole nine yards to make sure that this book is NOT stepping on any toes, and or offend anyone especially Garth.

BTW... you don't need Garth's permission to write a book. But I went through all that just not cause I'm did it for the fun of it :rolleyes:. There's a reason to that.

ohhhh...... I guess, I'm just a tad bit careful and over protective :rolleyes:

Nelly

fuzzwuzz
04-23-2001, 12:15 AM
If all publicity is good then Jenny should be happy the attention she is getting here on this thread at Garth's expense, not hers.

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 12:19 AM
exactly Dale.. :)

But ya know... well nevermind LOL :)

Jason

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 12:24 AM
BTW... you don't need Garth's permission to write a book. You said it, not me :p

nelty
04-23-2001, 12:29 AM
And they seemed to have quite fun flaming me for suggesting a way that they could sell the copies they were griping about not having sold yet

Either myself nor others "flamed" you for suggesting.

I've tried to make this book as quietly as possible, so that it's special for both Garth and the people owning a copy of the book. Again, the people who got the book should them and ourselves lucky.

Putting it on ebay, is like having the book on the shelves of every book store in the planet.

I'm not going to put the book on ebay nor do I support it. Especially in an auction. Yes I do want to sell out the book but not that way.

I, did thank you for the tip, we've looked at and pass that option. Now, I explained to you why.

I hope that no one will put the book on ebay to resell it. cause we will have TB ebay cops doing routine checks.:o

Our group of 32 TB Staff are think tanks...:o

Nelly

ps: Wendy, yes I did, replying to your question.. soo????

nelty
04-23-2001, 01:21 AM
BTW Wendy... if you are just wondering... here's the quote from your reply. I was only answering your question.

Why is Jenny going to have problems if she "involves" Garth? At least she isn't selling a book containing copywrited material in a celebrity's name without his permission.:o

I didn't say anything about getting permission before my last reply period.

Nelly

SueMc
04-23-2001, 05:50 AM
Some serious questions here:

1. Why has this thread come up now? There has been no press release from the UK Management regarding the proposed film. It is very early days yet. You do not think that a professional film company would start out by attracting a law suit do you?

2. If Garth did want to avoid exposure, WHY DID NELLY BRING THIS UP? Surely Nelly is acting against Garth's wishes then by doing so? I gather there is a contribution from Jenny in the tribute book - so if Nelly was so against it, why?

3. Jenny also spoke to Garth personally about it - remember? She hasn't told you all that he said to her either, and she won't because of confidentiality, but you might be surprised if she did.

4. Did you ask Jenny's permission to quote from her website? There are copyright laws defending people's websites - are you aware of them? (And while we are on that subject, not all song writers register with ASCAP! There are other copyright organisations.)

5. Are you aware that people have become fans of Garth as a result of reading Jenny's book?

6. Are you aware that Jenny has never stated what Garth feels? All she has ever said is that she believes that Ryan was Garth in a previous incarnation, and this was based on her healing experience as a result of seeing him on TV, subsequently being regressed to find out the connection. She is not telling you that you have to believe it. She is not insisting you read her book, and she is certainly not insisting you see a film that does not, as yet, exist.

7. Garth has not actively 'supported' and in some cases actively spoken against some of the other books about him. Why pick on Jenny's book?

My final comment: You say you are not attacking Jenny - well indirectly you are, and as she is not able to defend herself or keep you informed as to what the progress of both book and film are, this is wrong however you try to justify it. :(

Sue

Lowland_Kid
04-23-2001, 05:54 AM
I am quite surprised to see this thread back on the Forum, but I am glad that I can now give you my reply to the poll.

Yes, I would go and see the movie.
It is a wonderful story, whether you believe in reincarnation or not. It is just someone telling about her experiences.

Like others have said: Jenny is always very respectful towards Garth, she would never do anything to harm him and if Garth would really have a problem with this movie, I am sure he would stop it.

Good luck to Jenny!

:)
Marjolijn

GarthFanCanada1
04-23-2001, 06:49 AM
Oh wow! How could I have missed this one.... Someone make room in that hole for me! I got ahold of a copy of Ripples through a friend, and my GOD! I have never wanted to throw up more in my entire life. It was CRAP! The fact that Jenny wants to make a movie out of it makes me wonder... Even the thought of it makes me shiver....

Oh well.... Just my opinion..... if anyone has a problem with it, email me.... address in profile!

Barkley

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 06:55 AM
Answering questions...

1. Why has this thread come up now? There has been no press release from the UK Management regarding the proposed film. It is very early days yet. You do not think that a professional film company would start out by attracting a law suit do you?

*** Because it's on Jenny's site now.. she's "Publicizing the movie" that in itself says the movie is a go ... Also with it is "Garth Brooks" all over the site. They have a soundtrack in the works.. seems we've talked about "The Lamb" and it's not a full go yet either. ;)

2. If Garth did want to avoid exposure, WHY DID NELLY BRING THIS UP? Surely Nelly is acting against Garth's wishes then by doing so? I gather there is a contribution from Jenny in the tribute book - so if Nelly was so against it, why?

*** No one said we always go with whatever Garth feels.. he's human like us.. meaning we don't have to totally agree with what he says.. (Just like I don't totally agree with you, but I still think your a cool person.)

3. Jenny also spoke to Garth personally about it - remember? She hasn't told you all that he said to her either, and she won't because of confidentiality, but you might be surprised if she did.

*** That's between Jenny and Garth. Garth has spoken of the book to others, and that's for them to share if they so choose (But I doubt they would ever post em here, since I know what was said.)

4. Did you ask Jenny's permission to quote from her website? There are copyright laws defending people's websites - are you aware of them? (And while we are on that subject, not all song writers register with ASCAP! There are other copyright organisations.)

*** You don't have to ask for permission to quote a book or a website (I see it wasn't properly noted as being from the site.. but that can be changed.) ;)

5. Are you aware that people have become fans of Garth as a result of reading Jenny's book?

*** That could happen, I'm also aware of other things the book (and Jenny for that matter has caused that shouldn't be posted here)

6. Are you aware that Jenny has never stated what Garth feels? All she has ever said is that she believes that Ryan was Garth in a previous incarnation, and this was based on her healing experience as a result of seeing him on TV, subsequently being regressed to find out the connection. She is not telling you that you have to believe it. She is not insisting you read her book, and she is certainly not insisting you see a film that does not, as yet, exist.

*** Yep I'm aware of that. ;) BUt I'm aware of HOW Garth feels (as well as most others here.)
I'm sure you know how he feels too about this book. ;)

7. Garth has not actively 'supported' and in some cases actively spoken against some of the other books about him. Why pick on Jenny's book?

*** Because Jenny's making it "bigger then a book now" It'll be a movie... No one is picking on a book.. we are discussing wether we like it or will see the movie.. It has NOTHHING personal to do with JENNY at all. It's about the BOOK.. it's about THE MOVIE.. if Jenny don't want it discused then she'll have real problems once the movie comes out. Don't you think? ;)

I think I done for now.
And I'll edit Nelly's post to make ut "Un-copyright infringement" for you :p

Jason

SueMc
04-23-2001, 07:41 AM
Thank you Jason for your explanations, and especially for the compliment. :)

Regarding Garth's views on the whole thing, as you say you know them, and by inference these are that he doesn't wish to add comment to aid publicity, if I were to write an article, can I quote you guys? :eek:

Thanks

Sue

nelty
04-23-2001, 10:43 AM

Nelly likes Garth very much but Nelly's not obsess with Garth. Nelly can bring up anything she wants regardless of going against Garth's wishes or not. The last time I check, Nelly was able to make her own decisions, and ummmm.... that Canada and USA is still a free country.

Maybe I slept through WWIII, who knows.. I'm always the last to know... as usual :rolleyes:

There was a contribution made from Jenny, as the book only HAS 292 pages, decisions had to be made. I assure you that all decisions was made after consulting with several members of the group working on the book.

As the managing editor of the book, I couldn't be against anything when working on and managing the book, cause it's NOT about me. Everyone got their chance.

Nelly

SueMc
04-23-2001, 11:01 AM
Ah, so you can be objective :) Well done, we will make a journo of you yet.. May I quote you then?
This article is a serious thought in my head, but would not go to press either in our own magazine or as a freelance without passing the whole thing via GB Management, and the Ripples team. Just doing a bit of research :p
Sue

P.S. Good to know you guys keep up to date with the websites. Care to check ours out, since advertising is clearly OK on this thread:
http://www.angelfire.com/sd/scountry

Will get around to getting our own dot.com in due course, but rather like angelfire.

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 11:11 AM
Most seem to be of the agreement that what is being said about a former PG member in this thread is o.k. because everyone is intitled to thier own opinion, correct?

Then why is it so wrong for me to express my opinion - that being, that I think this entire thread is morally wrong and intentionally cruel for no practical reason.

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 11:13 AM
I never saw anywhere where it point blank said "Advertising is ok" especially in this thread.

This is a discussion.. not an advertisment.

Jason

nelty
04-23-2001, 11:23 AM
Sue,

Ah, so you can be objective Well done, we will make a journo of you yet..

Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick to the profession I going into.

Wendy,

that's your opinion, yes? This is our opinion. So, you have yours and we have ours. What's wrong with THAT? Was it wrong for us to express our opinion just cause you think it's morally wrong?

Nelly

Hawk7lte
04-23-2001, 11:26 AM
So - to continue the discussion.

I remember reading somewhere (though I don't know if the report was the truth) that Sandy and someone else (was it Garth's mother or Sandy's mother?) met the person that wrote this book in England sometime back (think it was during Garth's tour there).

Didn't really pay that much attention to it - and it was sometime back as I recall.

Hawk

loreli
04-23-2001, 11:30 AM
Wendi, this would be a question for anyone who wrote a book involving Garth. It's a legitimate question and as far as I can see never really involved Jenny in the first place.. its about the movie.

Lori

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 12:45 PM
You each think that you are right, and I think that I am right, and so we continue to repeat ourselves. I suppose then that it is time to respectfully agree to disagree and let the issue close. I am sure that there will be some who come back because they feel the need to have the last word, but as for myself, I consider this issue dead. :):)

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 12:50 PM
what "Issue" this is a discussion..

Discussions do not have "issues" .. fighting does.. there is no fighting on this thread at all.

;)
Jason

nelty
04-23-2001, 12:59 PM
I respectfully agree with Jason.

Nelly;)

GottaB-GB
04-23-2001, 01:32 PM
hmmmmmm don't we all have issues?? ;)

well anyways, I don't have any issues with this one except I won't support something I know Garth doesn't approve of. I don't know anything about Jenny, personally, it's her business what is in the book, not mine. :rolleyes:

Unless Garth gives me the okay personally...I ain't goin!!

lol

Shelley :p

sasteen
04-23-2001, 01:37 PM
If people are more commenting on the book, rather than Jenny, why are people using her name?

If we don't want her to take this personally, we should be saying "Ripples", not "Jenny" in our posts.

From what everyone says about how Garth is such a nice, honest and caring person.......I can't see him making comments to anyone who has talked to him about how he disapproves of Jenny or the book. I don't think he is that type of a person, unless he is not the guy I thought he was.

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 01:44 PM
the books AUTHOR is named JENNY ;)

Just like "American Thunder" we talked about how Jo said stuff in the book and about the book.

This is no different. ;)

Jason

countyfair_85
04-23-2001, 02:14 PM
Would I go see the movie?

No I wouldn't! Although the title is inviting...

The movie isn't even made yet!

Leave it to Garth's lawyers...

-Diane

dffarrell
04-23-2001, 02:27 PM
It seems that you all are right, in your own respect. "Digging Holes" may not seem like a put down to some but to others it is metaphorically bashing ones intent. ;)

I have often told Jenny not to feel so much sorrow over what others on this forum have said about her, the book or the movie. But, if any of you really know her, she is a sensitive and caring woman.

Let me ask if any of you who have said that they will not read the book or see the movie if you have ever (now be honest) read an unauthorized biography or movie about a famous figure that was not "authorized" by that individual? If your answer is yes, why than and not now? It's all about personal preference. I, also, suspect it is more that the ideas brought out in Jenny's story is 1)against your religious beliefs, which is fine; 2)as Nelly said, just too scary of an idea, which is also fine; or 3)from previous posts/threads prior to Jenny being asked not to participate in this forum you have developed your own ideas about her and reincarnation, which is also okay.

To ease the angst of legality in any of Jenny's works, she is a professional and all legal aspects are covered. BTW - the movie was not Jenny's idea. She was approached to write a movie script by film makers. What was she supposed to say? No? I don't think any one of us who had a project that we deeply believed in would pass on that.

And, to Chris Gaines (login name), as in the First Amendment in the US Constitution, Jenny has every right to "publicise", not advertise, the information regarding the movie on her web site. Advertising is putting it Out There Right In Your Face! :eek: You had to go to her sight to see it. She believes in reincarnation and that is what her sight is about. If you don't like the ideas portrayed by Jenny's site why then are you there? I don't think Garth needs protection from anyone and he is very savy in advertising. And, Chris Gaines, (I think you are the one who posted this, if not my apologies) "some" scientists "believe" that the concept in Frequency "could" happen. The same is true with reincarnation. "Some" doctors in pshychology have written extensively about how they have come to believe in reincarnation by what has happened with their patients.

We all need to bone up on issues that we are going to debate, don't you think?

I really hope you all finish with this issue of Jenny's beliefs and get on with your day.

BTW - Heard on the news this morning that Garth did yet another act of kindness. When Chris Ledoux was diagnosed with primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC), a disease with no known cause that scars and blocks the bile ducts inside and outside the liver, Garth offered a part of his. We all know that Chris did get his much needed liver transplant but it couldn't come from Garth as they were not a match. Love, kindess and a passion for mankind. That's our Garth....and, for those of us that know her, that's our Jenny ;) .

Nelly: I still have not received my Tribute book. Last I heard the people that made them messed up and we were supposed to be receiving the corrected ones shortly. When can I look forward to receiving my copy? And, thank you and the team who worked so hard on this project.

boppityboo
04-23-2001, 02:33 PM
IS she? I didn't know Jenny was banned, from here, Pg forums?? WHY? I have read her book. I find the style it is written in is confusing the way it kept going back and forth to the present and the past, but it was an interesting read. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it was just about Ryan and Madeleine. I would probably wait til it came out on video before I would watch it. :)

Have a Garthriffic day
Ellie :)

ann middleton
04-23-2001, 02:39 PM
I got to know Jenny before i knew anything of the book let alone the film,

I can honestly say she is a very special and trusted friend.

Her book / film is about Ryan, and to identify Garths past life, you would all ask for proof, well in discussions before which i have not replyed to purely to keep from adding to the fire shes awnsered all that was asked of her and look at the results, I understand everyone is entitled to their own belifes but why be so hurtful to someone elses ?

Yes i love the book and i cant wait to see the film.

Ann

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 02:46 PM
I'm not even going to get back into the "discussion" about the book or the movie or anything else... as I said earlier, I'm respectfully agreeing to disagree :).

But I saw the post by dffarrell, a new member who has one post, and have to wonder who this person is and how he/she knows so much about the situation :eek:.

Not saying that dffarrell is wrong or right - that is not any of my concern :).

SueMc
04-23-2001, 02:47 PM
Right, I have done some homework and can come back to you Jason :) Now, can you please point out to me where on Jenny's site it mentions a film? I have looked and can't find it anywhere. :confused:
And what exactly are you infering when you say that Jenny's book has caused other things to happen? Equally :confused:
You know what they say about scurrilous innuendo? :eek:

Hawk, with respect, in the interests of continuing the discussion - what exactly are you asking concerning whether Jenny met Sandy, Sandy's mother or Garth's mother? What bearing does that have on this discussion please? :confused:

To all - it's interesting isn't it that Jenny was made to take the blame for all the previous *discussions* on here, and yet here we are again with her nowhere in sight? :eek:

Now to my own opinion of the book. It is well written with some beautiful descriptions, and carries a spiritual message. Many have already been helped by it. Garth was the inspiration and he is given full credit. He is described in glowing terms in his own right. Ryan is also described as a simply wonderful person, whose life ended tragically young. If a film does come, that will be the emphasis I feel sure. Whether or not Garth believes in reincarnation is not an issue in the book. That Jenny BELIEVES IS the issue and is what the story is about.
Garth has been the subject of many books, and none, that I have read, have given him such a high standing.

I would suggest that those with a major problem, do like the rest of us: Either believe it, or don't believe it. Read it, or don't read it. End of story.
So, I ask again, may I quote you? Why now?
Please, I want to know, my guess is some scurrilous innuendo, or direct comment, in a trash newspaper, and why any of you intelligent folk read such gutter press is beyond me.
Sue

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 02:49 PM
dffarrell,

You can use "freedom of speech" to some respects. but it's not "freedom of speech" when you advertise someone's NAME (Namely Garth's) as a role in a movie without the consent of the person. (Book yes, movie NO) there is a difference here.

Also as the movie portrays something I believe Garth does NOT believe in. It's also damaging to his "Character" for using his name to "publicize the movie."

;)
Jason

kristen166
04-23-2001, 02:52 PM
Hmmmm well

If she does anything wrong with making the movie without getting further consent then that will be Garth's problem to handle it. He will handle it if he is very displeased with what she has done. It will be Garth and her problem.:)

Until then there really is no need to argu over it. She might not even make the movie involving Garth or anything. We just have to see.:)

SueMc
04-23-2001, 03:02 PM
"I never saw anywhere where it point blank said "Advertising is ok" especially in this thread."

Oops Jason, sorry...don't worry though, we have given plenty of publicity to PG, and there may be more..
Actually this whole thread is publicity, whether you mean it to be or not..this is a public domain. Anyone can read it.
Just in case anyone forgets my two questions, I ask, once more, may I quote you? Why now?
Sue

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 03:06 PM
Kristen,

but Garth and "Chris Gaines" is publicized all over her website for "Ripples" for the MOVIE and the soundtrack. That's wrong. ;)

It don't matter if the movie don't have Garth in it at all, it's being publicized about being about Garth.

Sue,

Now, can you please point out to me where on Jenny's site it mentions a film?

****** http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~author/#song

"Rough Waters" is written by Jenny Smedley and Graham Goodall. This team have also written the entire sound track for the up-coming movie of 'Ripples'.
(Looks like that says "upcoming Movie of 'Ripples'" to me :)

And what exactly are you infering when you say that Jenny's book has caused other things to happen?

****** Sorry, I'm not obligated to say on this forum or elsewhere.

it's interesting isn't it that Jenny was made to take the blame for all the previous *discussions* on here, and yet here we are again with her nowhere in sight?

****** This is just a discussion .. not an argument.. I wanna know where people think people are arguing here? that's not even so.. Discussions are not arguments, please don't confuse them.

Read it, or don't read it. End of story.
So, I ask again, may I quote you? Why now?

****** Because it's not "Just a book" no more.. it's a movie too.. it's not just about an "unauthorized novel" now it'ds an unauthorized movie. (No, you can't quote me.)

Please, I want to know, my guess is some scurrilous innuendo, or direct comment, in a trash newspaper, and why any of you intelligent folk read such gutter press is beyond me.

******* Comments I know about.. came from Garth himself, there is no better Trash mag then that huh? :)

Jason

kristen166
04-23-2001, 03:11 PM
Jason

Why don't Garth do something?? :)

There is not much we can do about if Garth don't even do anything.:)

Really Garth has the make the first move right?? :)

kristen166
04-23-2001, 03:15 PM
Jason

I read some stuff on her site and I am confused.

She said she has a lady inside her name madeline, then she has a guy inside her names ryan????

She has 2 people living inside her or something?

I am not being rude just I am confused.

R they suppose to be multiple personalities or something? :)

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 03:24 PM
LOL Kristen..

are you about as confused as us? :)

Welcome to the "Pit" dear :)

Jason

kristen166
04-23-2001, 03:29 PM
I guess I am. :)

Does Garth understand it? Has he said?? :)

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 03:51 PM
Jenny and Garth both have multiple personalities :eek: :rolleyes: :p :eek:

Jenny = Author = Madeline
------->Madeline + Ryan
Ryan = Garth = Chris Gaines

---------> = ONE BIG MESS

:p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 03:53 PM
LOL Wendi,

I must say.. that was funny :p

Jason

ann middleton
04-23-2001, 04:05 PM
Can i just add Jenny has recently recived a very exciting and welcome telephone call........

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 04:12 PM
Well I was joking when I mentioned multiple personalities...;), but then I found this :eek:!

multiple personality disorder: A dissociative disorder in which the individual adopts two or more distinct personalities. Each personality is a fully integrated and complex unit with memories, behaviour patterns and social friendships. Transition from one personality to another is sudden. Online Medical Dictionary (http://www.graylab.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?query=multiple+personality+disorder&action=Search+OMD)

kristen166
04-23-2001, 04:13 PM
You know cats can have multiple personality disorders. This is for real. The vets give the kitties prozac. I read it. We have a cat that is cranky and will bite you when you try to pet it, but then maybe 5 secs later it comes to you wanting to be petted. It does other bizarre things as well. We can't figure out what the cats problem is. My mom read an article about a cat that had multiple personalities and the vet gave it prozac.

Our cat climbs and hangs from our curtain, eats paper, uses the bathroom in unusual places. It does use a litter box, but insist going other places as well. I walked into the room and there was a doodle on top of the t.v. one time :eek:

I think it might be retarded or something, but my mom wants to look into the prozac thing.

BLL
04-23-2001, 06:29 PM
Well, since we are all stating our opinions here's mine:

If this movie is made I would see it. Not because of the 'Garth' connection, but because I have gotten to know the author and find her to be a caring, forthright, honest human writing about what SHE (and no-one else) has experienced. My beliefs are mine, and not important in the overall workings of the universe.

I find the Ryan-Madelaine story lovely; I think the movie would be very entertaining, which is my primary purpose in seeing films. I think Jenny wrote a very good love story within the context of her experience.

I also find some comments on this thread to be dishearteningly snide and mean-spirited towards Jenny. This is sad, as she cannot respond.

I was taught to keep silent unless I could find something pleasant to say. It's not a bad philosophy, so I shall go silent now.

nelty
04-23-2001, 06:55 PM
WHOA... Holy smokes..

I've only been gone a few hours... :eek:

dffarrell who exactly are you??? We are still working out details with Jostens. it should be another week and 2 at max.

I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Nelly

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 07:35 PM
I'm still wondering who dffarrell is too :eek:!

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 07:39 PM
I have another question - does anyone know when Jenny was banned exactly?

Lowell Miller
04-23-2001, 08:10 PM
I've very tired...haven't slept since Wendsday. :eek: I just think until there is proof of what Garth feels....and we all hear it. You shouldn't judge. I just think this thread is a bad deal....feeling are going to get hurt. I didn't think PG was about that. I have been Garth's biggest supporter since day one. I'm a much bigger fan than I let on. I think Jenny is a sweet, sweet person. I like everybody here very very much...I just hate to see this discussion until there is proof of what Garth feels...and we hear it....I really don't think Jenny would do anything Garth didn't want. I'm just excited that someday I will be able to talk to all my dead heroes on the radio someday. :D :D That's going to kick butt!! :D :D .......I say that with humor...not being a smartass. :D :D If Garth isn't part of the movie...I'm sure it would still stand up on it own. Garth is such a small part of the story....OK, I'm going to try to sleep....fat chance of that.

Lowell Miller
04-23-2001, 08:31 PM
Just one more thing we seem to be forgetting. Jenny went to Garth, she never tried to hide it from him. And she asked for his input on the book. Garth hasn't responded yet....understandbly knowing have busy he is. She never tried to hide this from him...she made every attempt for input of GB management. A production co. came to her about the movie, that would be a hard thing to turn down. But I would bet if Garth told her he wasn't comfortable with this...she would stop it. She has a lot going on, she doesn't need it. But it's cool is some don't want to watch it...it's also cool is some do. If Garth is OK with it. If he wants it stopped I bet it will be stopped with no hard feelings. Jenny hasn't heard anything about it being stopped............OK kids...I'm outta here....play nice. :) :) I think the most important thing about this discussion if to not judge and to keep it in the PG tradition.

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 09:09 PM
Kristen, I just saw what you said about the kittie and me thinks it aint the only one needing Prozac, eh? ;) :rolleyes: :p

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 10:43 PM
Lowell,

Garth HAS said what he feels about the book and well :x

Let's say it's not good okay LOL :)

;)
Jason

gbchick
04-23-2001, 11:39 PM
Ok...I'm new to this and I certainly don't want to add more fuel to the fire but I feel like I need to express my opinion...excuse me for doing so, please.
Now, I don't know if I believe in reincarnation or not...but personally I think this whole Garth/Ryan/Chris thing is crazy!
There was all that talk about Frequency but you see, that was just a movie...it was made up and no one was claiming that it was true. But someone is claiming that this character is Garth. People are claiming this as truth and we have no proof...just some vague coincidences. If it were just a movie with no relation to Garth and it was purely fiction I would give it a chance. But I don't believe it's fair to use his name for someone else's benefit. That's like when people steal celebs names for websites and stuff. It's for their personal benefits and thats not fair to Garth or any celeb.
Any old person could say they were someone in a past life or married to someone in a past life so does that make it true????
And about us responding without her here to defend it...everyone said what I would've said. By writing that book she is a public figure and has her opportunity to speak about it...This is ours and we have just as much of a 1st Amendment Right of Free Speech as she does.
I mean no disrespect because I don't know this person.
I am just speaking my opinion. I don't believe it..I won't read the book or see the movie and I don't think it is fair to Garth.
Who knows how he feels about it...maybe he doesn't want to say anything because she is a fan and he doesn't want to disrespect his fans or make himself look bad...I don't know...Maybe he just doesn't have time...he is busy with many other things...I don't want or mean to assume anything.
But hopefully, it will be stopped. Maybe if it were done without Garth's name that would be fine. Furthermore, people that don't know Garth's music (like they didn't with the Chris Gaines project) won't understand it. In this case, they won't understand that Garth is not a part of this Ripples thing.
Thanks for listening...like I said it is just my opinion.
Amber

BLL
04-23-2001, 11:49 PM
Lowell:

God bless you and keep you...

Thank you for your kind words.:)

Jason: The fact that Garth has't gone public with what you infer is his opinion only speaks volumes as to how a 'classy' a person Garth is; if you can't say anything nice.............

Please let's let this subject drop. We will never have opinions that agree 100 percent. Please be respectful of others and their opinions; Garth Brooks speaks volumes about tolerance and respect for another human being; please, if you feel you can honour Garth at least follow his basic philosophy.

Garth Brooks can proudly feel his parents are proud for giving him life.........................
can we, as individuals brought together by this extra-ordinary person, feel that same pride??????

Chris Gaines
04-23-2001, 11:51 PM
Amber,

first off.. WELCOME TO PG :):)

I hope you stay and post more often :)

And the way you worded you're post you really thought this out.. and you said it really good :)

Thanks for stating your opinion with us :)

Jason

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 11:53 PM
Wow, what a discussion :eek:

Two new members made their first post on this thread :rolleyes:

gbchick
04-24-2001, 01:07 AM
Jason---Thanks for the warm welcome.

As with a lot of people posting I think maybe it would be best to agree to disagree.
But I also see that as a Catch 22...
Yes, its true these 2 sides will never agree on this subject and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that...
But everyone is entitled to express their opinion. This is a forum about Garth and a topic about Garth and we are only fulfilling its purpose.
So where do we go from here?

Hopefully, Garth will soon speak out on this issue and perhaps end all the speculation...

Like I said and of course it is only my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone...I dont think what this person is doing is right. I respect her creativity but not when she is using someone elses name and status to benefit her own good. I am a writer but I would never dream of using Garth's success or anyone elses for that matter, in a negative light to benifit my personal good.

Theres so much more to say on this topic...
But if it were to end now I would be ok with that...however if it continues, I'm ok with that too.

Sorry, its just my opinion
Amber

garthfamily
04-24-2001, 01:11 AM
First off this is just my feelings.

I first heard about "Ripples" when I went to the bookstore hunting up Garth Brooks books. I am a very avid reader. It didn't sound so hot to me then. Then I read so stuff on the internet about it. So I said what the heck I went and bought it. I think its great that the author is getting over so much of what's tormented her. I think its wonderful that she has discovered she is a good writer. She's done something I couldn't do I could never write a full length book. Kudos to the author.

yes I'm being very careful here not to name names

As for the reincarnation it doesnt fall into my belief system. I found the book to be confusing because it jumped alot. I personally would not be interested in watching a movie about it because I had a hard time following the book.

As for Garth's opinions I don't know I've never seen anything quoted but it seems to me that those that do know Garth and have spoken with him probably have a better idea of what his feelings are than those of us who have not.

I can't quote exactly or I would foot note but I seem to recall reading that during the time the book was being written the author did try to meet with Garth and it never happend again whether they ever met or not I'm not privy to.

I tend to agree with whomever has said previously in this forum we will all have our own opinions and not all of them will agree with each other. There is nothing that is "bashing" about that.

My best wishes to the author in her continued sucess.

My sincere wish that all parties involved are considered equally by the other parties.

Just my opinion.

Sharon

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 01:14 AM
Amber,

I was sitting here wondering where Harrisburg was LOL then I saw ya profile.. your pretty close :)

Good luck on you're writing!! :)

Jason

dffarrell
04-24-2001, 02:41 AM
To those who want to know, my name is Francine. I live in California and have been a Garth fan for 10 years and love him to death. I have known Jenny for approximately one and one-half years and have had extensive conversations with her over this time. (Wendi: This is how I know so much about the situation.) I have been a member of Garth Digest and Planet Garth for some time. I have posted several times in the Digest but frankly haven't had a lot of time and this is the first time I have posted here. But, I have read threads quite often. I usually don't post on discussions that turn out to be, sorry, but rather petty most times. (Clarification: I am not calling this thread petty.);)

What drew me to comment this time is why my friends have come to refer to me as "Mom". Jenny is a friend and I think that Jason is misrepresenting her intent as advertising. "Ripples" is not just a story about two people from another time. It is about Jenny's own experiences that were catapulted into her reality by a concert that came on her television one day. That artist was Garth. She didn't formulate the concept to write a book and promote herself. But, if you haven't read the book or discussed this with her you might not understand what I am trying to convey.

To clarify what someone wrote earlier, the concept of reincarnation and multiple personalities have nothing in common. Multiple personalities occur in individuals from the present time who have experienced extreme trauma in their lives. Their emotional minds have splintered into "others" in an effort to cope with that trauma. An example of this is a child who has been repeatedly sexually abused. A very good movie that depicts multiple personalities and how they happen is the "Three Faces of Eve" with Joanne Woodard.

Reincarnation, on the other hand, is a belief that our spirits are "reborn" over several lifetimes. During those lifetimes we learn lessons that evolve our spiritual level into a higher conciousness, if you will.

Jason: I don't want to banter back and forth about the First Amendment and the freedom of speech. But, being in a governmental occupation and based on what I was taught in school, there is no difference between material that is written for a movie and that written for publication. Oliver Stone took great creative license when "JFK" was made. The Kennedy family didn't like it but the right to make the movie was that of Mr. Stone.

Nelly: Thank you for the update on the Tribute book. I am so looking forward to getting my copy.

nelty
04-24-2001, 03:00 AM
OH hey there Francine... :)

and you are most welcome. :) anytime.

WE WILL get that book one way or the other.. I don't care what it will take.. 2 more weeks ain't gonna KILL ME. I've waited a very very long time for it. Pardon me WE HAVE waited for a very long time.:p Just protesting that's all... anyone wanna join me??? lol

Give me a break... it's that time of the night... it's 3am for me here. I'm allowed to fool around too ya know.. :p

Amber....

WELCOME TO PlanetGarth and hmm... nicely worded and nicely 'put'.

Nelly

ps: ya know Jason, there's a lot that's 'not far' from you... how come there's never anyone 'not far' from MOI???? :p

Lowell Miller
04-24-2001, 03:28 AM
Nelly you always have to wait for the best things.:D :D :D

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 03:40 AM
Francine,

the big difference of JFK and Ripples is this..
JFK was a TRUE STORY.. Ripples is a fiction story.

You don't do "fiction" about someone if that someone don't approve of it. It's deflamation of character.

Jason

AZamy77
04-24-2001, 04:26 AM
Amber, what you said has prompted me to join in this discussion. You really said it all. Welcome! :) The one paragraph that hit the nail on the head here is:

Amber quote>>>
But hopefully, it will be stopped. Maybe if it were done without Garth's name that would be fine. Furthermore, people that don't know Garth's music (like they didn't with the Chris Gaines project) won't understand it. In this case, they won't understand that Garth is not a part of this Ripples thing. >>>

What you said there has been the reason I have not even wanted to read the book. It's using Garth's name. Not just ANYONE. Someone pretty BIG and FAMOUS.

And, since it's about Garth Brooks, American Country Music SUPERSTAR, it WILL have people thinking that GARTH is the one that has the multiple personalities. I don't read gossip papers, but have information that this book is getting Garth mentioned in them. :( And that, my friends, stinks. It raises LOTS of confusion. Chris Gaines confused people (such as my EX-husband) who don't even know what Garth is all about, nor will they give him the chance. All's they know is "Garth thinks he's Chris Gaines". And yes, I do get defensive on Garth's part. I can't tell you the number of people who have asked me what's the deal with Chris Gaines, because they know how I love Garth's music. Family, friends...people who see my license plate.....

I'm upset about this because there ARE people(like my ex) that would only get a big laugh on Garth out of it...at Garth's expense. I'd hate to see people like him get the satisfaction. Yep, believe it or not there's people who don't like or relate to Garth's music. REAL hard to believe.

Personally I don't want Garth's name used to be the laughing stock for my ex-husband. I'd hate that more than anything!! No, really, I don't want ANYONE to think that Garth has something to do with this book.(Which by the way, my ex-husband doesn't know about yet.) And in all truth we ALL know that there's gonna be people out there that WON'T get the correct information and WILL think that Garth's behind it. So, it would be VERY confusing - to say the least. And seeing that the book IS about Garth, and possibly going to be a movie, it'd be very controversial no doubt. And that's just the kind of controversy that I hate to hear. When it's about one of the greatest humanitarian, giving, loving human beings of all-time. Like, why can't it be about someone like...ummmm...never mind.

Most of you know I had a heart attack 5 weeks ago, so needless to say I'm trying to lead a stress-free life. I'm trying to stay out of controversy such as this, but Garth's music has been one of my greatest inspirations, and I can't just sit here and be quiet.(That's part of the reason I had the heart attack, I can't just be QUIET! And then my ex-husband didn't help either!) I never wanted to have to come back and answer anyone and don't know why I'm even doing this to myself..so if you have any problem with what I said just e-mail me..it's in my profile. THIS is NOT good for my health! Never has been, never will. This subject just gets me all worked up and that defense mechanism kicks in....I just had to give my opinion, because it might not "matter to the sun," but it DOES matter to ME. Thanks for listening to my 7 cents!

God bless.

Amy :)

SueMc
04-24-2001, 04:50 AM
I am with you on all counts but the silence :)
I am going placidly, but not in silence.
This is a 'lamb' with attitude

OK Jason, I missed that bit. So the album is likely to precede the movie, well it won't be the first time, will it Chris Gaines?
And Jason, please do not twist my words. Garth has my full respect, and that means his private life, his thoughts and everything else are not my business, and nor are they anyone else's, so I don't think you should be indulging in innuendo that you obviously are unprepared to back up. I do so disagree with what you are doing here, and think it is time you stopped. :(

There was an article about the movie in the gutter press in NY as you know, because it was spoken of on PG. And it was a complete fabrication. Who fed them the information is yet to be established, but it was not anyone from the UK management!

The company considering the movie is successful and fully professional, and they very certainly know the law, so I think you can safely leave it to them and GB Management to sort out, don't you?

Actually Jason, you can't stop me putting in a UK publication exactly what I want to, but I am not like that, so don't be alarmed. Brandon, if you are reading this, I want you to know that any article about Planet Garth of a controversial nature will be run by you. I believe strongly in fair play.

Sue (Leaving the room, closing the door firmly behind her. But as she is a bit absent minded at times, she might remember something else, and come back.)

SueMc
04-24-2001, 05:48 AM
"I am with you on all counts but the silence" was directed to BLL, I was off line answering when a whole lot more members had posted, so off I go again to read. Just wanted to make that clear.

I would like to say that whilst I am here to keep the record straight regarding Ripples, I do not have anything against any member here on PG, but do find comments to disagree with, and am not afraid to say so.
Byee for now
Sue

AZamy77
04-24-2001, 06:09 AM
Well I'm gonna show what kind of confusion this book is causing, seeing that people DO read the gossip mags and always will...The woman who's supposed to be in "the know" with "the answers" in this rag-mag has not even an iota of a clue, and makes it even worse! I would never have posted this if this topic had not come up, for the record. But, since it HAS.....

From the Weekly World News - March 13, 2001
Hollywoood Answer Girl!
ASK CHRISTIE (who is very unknowledgeable)

Question: I heard Garth Brooks' life is being made into a movie. I can't wait. When can we expect to see it? Amy L. (NOT ME!!!Weird!) San Antonio, TX

Answer: The flick isn't even in production yet. And when it does come to a theatre near you, you may be a little disappointed - because the movie in question is about one of the country crooner's past lives. The Friends In Low Places warbler is convinced he was Irish poet Ryan Fitzgerald in the 17th century, and that's the tale a British studio is eager to film. The company is looking for an Irishman to play the Garth bygone.

And THIS is what the ladies in the beauty parlor are reading! The people in the checkout lines! Tell ME that NO ONE is gonna get confused and I'll shut up!!!!

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 06:53 AM
Welcome to PG all you newcomers!
and hi Amber good to see you here!
One thing I have to say...the first topic you run into when you post is this one...since it has a way of staying at the top of the list...It's actually a poll...I thought there was a private section for that...:confused:

Amy thanks for sharing that article...it's simply "Trash" and only creates cheap publicity as this post does! :mad:

If Jenny is banned from the PG forums...why is she the main discussion at the moment? And why are her threads revived by a very select few?
Responding to someone that is no longer here is crazy...because they can't even respond to their own OLD topic!
Jenny got banned for a reason...and I saw Snow post that it had to do with security reasons on PG...

PG should be a fan website you can visit to learn about Garth....and when you post on forums to share in conversations with others about him...and since I've been on this forum...you either had to agree with Jenny because if you disagreed a select group of people jumped all over you one after another...and that's the truth...everyone has seen it...some even were brave enough to speak up against it!
Then it seems...only a select few are allowed to defend themselves here against the remnant of Jenny's friends...
PG is "PlanetGarth"...a site I've always been proud of...and years ago...there were many people here that shared Garth info...I wish they'd come back! But it became "PlanetJenny" it seemed for awhile...then things calmed down...now it's back to "Jenny" again...and she's not even here supposedly!

Seems several Jenny supporters are all picking on Jason for stating a fact...because he disagrees, he'll be the scrapegoat for awhile....
Well I disagree with the whole movie idea and anything that will mislead people about Garth Brooks...

Sue...it sounded like you try to control Brandon and Jason both...but in a nice way...with this comment:

Actually Jason, you can't stop me putting in a UK publication exactly what I want to, but I am not like that, so don't be alarmed. Brandon, if you are reading this, I want you to know that any article about Planet Garth of a controversial nature will be run by you. I believe strongly in fair play.

What exactly are you saying there?
PG forums belong to Brandon...and those he chooses to allow here...seems he's always been fair to everyone...why would you even think of writing something controversial about PG?

I hope Garth gets here quick and makes this site official...but if he walks into this mess...he just might turn around and change his mind!

Like Jason...I know how Garth feels about Jenny!
Just my 7 cents worth...my opinion!

No cheap publicity from me!
-Diane

Snow
04-24-2001, 07:17 AM
Jason's a big boy and I'll let him handle the statements made about him.... though while we're waiting, I'd like to be sure that those reading it in the meantime understand that you shouldn't believe all you read obviously.

I will address though that this thread is not for bashing Jenny and as I've said.... disagreeing is NOT bashing. She's published a book and people most certainly CAN give their opinions about it. I've seen good and bad... and that is fine in my book.

As for bringing personal attacks onto Jason... this is off-topic... and appears only to be petty. It should stop.

SueMc
04-24-2001, 07:43 AM
I hope that wasn't directed at me Snow, because I am not attacking Jason. We are having a discussion

Amy, sorry to hear about your heart attack. I had one too a few years back and was told to keep of the stress factor. Easier done than said eh?

To continue: First of all, I am definitely more absent minded than usual today because I thought a lot of people had posted between me going of line from reading bll's first post, but can see now that I had forgotten to turn the page! Ah well...
Moving on. Jason, this business about the movie being mentioned on Jenny's website, I went back again and looked and still couldn't see it. So I went direct, and spoke to Jenny. She assures me that my eyes are not deceiving me. It is not there.
Please can you tell me where you got the information? (This question is on a 'need to know' basis.

Snow, this is not off topic. Allegations have been made and need to be cleared up.

Whether anyone does or doesn't go to a film that has not yet been made is entirely up to them.:cool:

Sue

SueMc
04-24-2001, 08:55 AM
Diane said: "What exactly are you saying there?
PG forums belong to Brandon...and those he chooses to allow here...seems he's always been fair to everyone...why would you even think of writing something controversial about PG? "

Sorry Diane, missed you there. I was talking about doing research for an article about fans in general and PG comes under the heading fans. I meant that before putting anything in our magazine (I am an editor and director of a UK country music magazine), I would run it past Brandon first. Sorry if that was not clear.
The controversial bit is whether I can quote people who claim to know what Garth thinks. Evidently not! :eek:
I have nothing against Jason, I like him, but do not agree with many of the things he has said on here, especially the innuendo, ie. hinting at things and not giving a full explanation, especially when those things could be of a harmful nature.
Once again, we have to make up our minds on the difference between attack and discussion. From where I stand, it is discussion.
Sue

Cheryl
04-24-2001, 09:46 AM
Very interesting the way this is playing out. I'm also sure Jason is more than capable of handling the remarks made about him, so I'll leave those to him.

As for the original topic....would I see the movie? Hell no. Nor would I buy the book. And it has NOTHING to do with reincarnation being the theme. It has to do with people who "use" somebody else's name to better their own cause. That's my personal opinion, and what I believe to be the case.

Amy....BTW....I completely agree with you about this stuff and the rag mags. The damage has already started.

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 10:02 AM
Sue...

you said:

And Jason, please do not twist my words.

Sue.. I never twisted your words.. only answered your questions.

As for posting things on the forum.. Sue, you do realize you need the INDIVIDUAL's agreement to post a quote in your magazine from that individual. Even though it is posted here.. Brandon is *NOT* the owner of the words typed here. The person that posted it *is*.

Just thought you might wanna know.

As for inuedo's .. call it what ya must, but I think that's a comment you need to get from Garth, not from me. I respect him too much to share his thought openly.

Jason

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 10:04 AM
oh yeah,

Diane.. thank you for your words :):)
And Cheryl and Snow.. thanks :)

Sue.. saying that I twisted your words was not a discussion but an attack. So you know for future reference.

Jason

sasteen
04-24-2001, 11:02 AM
I have one more comment that I feel needs to be brought up....

Everyone always says that we shouldn't believe what this person says or what that person says.......not to believe anything unless GARTH HIMSELF PUBLICALLY tells us something.

So why is everyone saying that they know how Garth feels about Ripples? I find it really hard to believe that if he is such a kind hearted person that he would bash any persons individual work, to one of his fans, after the Opry, or whatever it was.

I know that Garth has never been thrilled with ANY of the books that have been written about him, but he never personally made a comment about a specific book or to its author. He just simply doesn't comment.

I also, would be ashamed of Garth walked into this kind of mess, if he ever decided to come here.

You know, we have to keep that in mind..........he may just show up, then all Brandons hard work will have been for nothing.

I, personally, hope that someone decides to close this thread soon. Legallities and insults are being thrown around in here and alot of feelings are getting hurt.

Do us all a favor,,,,,,,,let it rest.

Shelly Pa

loreli
04-24-2001, 11:02 AM
Amy,

You stated my fears very well :) My only concern is this movie invloves Garth and cause more ridiculous rumors. I can hear the press now, and it could be very ugly.

If this movie is just about Ryan, I wish Jenny all the luck in the world, but PLEASE leave Garth out of it.

Lori

SueMc
04-24-2001, 11:06 AM
Jason said "Sue.. saying that I twisted your words was not a discussion but an attack. So you know for future reference."
No, Jason, that was an opinion. In my opinion you twisted my words when I said I felt this discussion had come from a story in a trash paper - and you made it sound as though I was calling Garth a trash paper. That may have been your idea of a joke, but in my opinion, it was in poor taste.

Amy, are you sure Garth would have wanted you to quote Weekly World News?
That report confirms my suspicion that reporters for these trash papers must get their info from this kind of site, because we certainly had a humorous discussion about casting the film - and it was just that because nothing had been finalised. Either that or someone was doing a bit of stirring?

Diane, I missed a bit. That thread you referred to appeared from somewhere and I thought Author had been reinstated and went in and posted. It wasn't me who brought it to the top, it was another PGer who probably did it by accident.
I did not start this thread, but I certainly came on to it to try to keep records straight and act for someone who couldn't act for herself. Guilty as charged!! :)
Everyone else has posted their opinions, that is what forums are for aren't they. These opinions tend to differ!
I've probably missed more I could have answered, like other threads on which we have given opinions. I must have missed a whole lot because it was only threads on certain subjects, not the whole Planet. Now I definitely am off thread.
Sue

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 11:16 AM
So everyone knows..

since the time I posted the "QUOTE" from Jenny's website.. she has since taken the "info about the movie" off the site..

what was quoted was actually posted on her site at the time of my post.

I'm in the process of checking my temp files for the "older" version of her site ;)

Wonder why Jenny would take that off her website now.. we ALL know about it.. it's too late now Jenny ;)

Sue, I'm done.. ya can continue to talk to me about this subject.. but between us.. we've used up all areas.

Jason

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 11:21 AM
Shelly,

there are no legalities here.. this is a discussion about a book-turned-movie, nothing more.

Jason

edited for spelling.. boy did it suck..LOL):o

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 11:34 AM
Sue...You know...out of all the negative things said about Jenny's movie and book...
why is it that you seem to dwell upon mine and Jason's opinions only???
aren't you overlooking many other people???
or is it your looking to cause problems here on a post asking a simple question....
would you go see the movie?
but your utilizing this thread for Jenny's benefit...

Jason...you know why it's removed now...
and you know the behavior in the past...so, things never change...you didn't think you were better then me did ya? :p
It's a mind game...to make you look like a liar...but we all know the truth anyway...:)
No need to worry about it...
It's already been mentioned in a "tabloid"...so it just has to be true ? LOL
Oh we could write a book about all of this...:D

There is one thing on my post that I found out later was wrong....
I stated that the Polls had a separate forum for them...but then I realized...if it involved Garth it could be in the Garth forum...:)
Please tell me...how does "Ripples" involve Garth?
Is the movie about Garth? Is he the main character? or is it some fictional character named Garth?
This movie is going to confuse a lot of people if it even makes it to the screen.

All I have to say on the matter!
7 more cents spent! :eek:

-Diane

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 11:48 AM
well Diane..

what you think?

thereis a shadow figure of THE ONE AND ONLY GARTH BROOKS on the cover of the book "Ripples" ;)

I wonder if Jenny will "erase" that now too? LOL

(Kidding) :p

Jason

Lowland_Kid
04-24-2001, 11:53 AM
I can answer your question, Diane:

how does "Ripples" involve Garth?

I am a friend of Jenny and this is what she once wrote me: (about the screenplay of "Ripples")

[QUOTE]The emphasis is on how my life has changed through the experiences, and it is about Ryan and
Madeleine. Garth is only in it periferally, and is only represented in his role as a mega star. He will only be seen in concert footage in the movie, and not misrepresented at all.[QUOTE]

I hope that helps.

Marjolijn

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 11:55 AM
Hey Jason...
are you allowed to kid around in these forums??? LOL :p

Hey...I recognize you Jason...that green face...that tounge...
OMG! it's you! My lizard that died 777 years ago! :eek:

j/k
-Diane

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 11:55 AM
wow.. she better get ummm permission from Garth to use that footage :eek:

LOL
Jason

Lowland_Kid
04-24-2001, 11:57 AM
Personal experience, right Jason?

Marjolijn

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 11:58 AM
Hey...I recognize you Jason...that green face...that tounge...
OMG! it's you! My lizard that died 777 years ago!

OMG Diane.. too funny!!!!!!!!!!

I recognize you too that purple face... those popping out eyes.. that could only be my pet i have 777 years ago.. she so loved to make her eyes pop out like that hehehe

hah
:p

jason

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 12:05 PM
ROFLOL!!!

Your too funny Jason! :D

ummm...what purple face? I thought it was blue? :eek:

Hey Jenny's friend!
how are you doing?

I don't think Jenny better get involved with using concert footage in her film from Garth's concerts...she'd have to have Garth's permission...and every single person that is shown on screen at that concert...

-Diane

Lowland_Kid
04-24-2001, 12:08 PM
Thanks Diane, I will make sure to mention your and Jason's concerns to Jenny.

Marjolijn

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 12:12 PM
Please do! :)
But I'm sure Jenny already knows what is legally required of her...and I don't think Garth would ever give permission for such a thing...especially since "video camara's" were banned at the concerts.

-Diane

AZamy77
04-24-2001, 12:13 PM
Truth be known - I was an attorney in a previous life. There - I said it! So on that note, I'll answer Sue here.

Sue, I think Garth has a right to know what his fans, family, his little children, could be up against here. And when I say up against, I mean all of the questions they are going to have to be answering due to the fact that someone claims to have been his lover in a past life, and just HAD to make a book about it. Anyone can say things like that, just as anyone can print trash in those mags. This article just goes to prove the damage that has already begun. Call it "Exhibit A." If the book weren't about Garth there would never have been any controversy. And of course people such as rag mag writers probably DO read PG, and probably got that idea about you casting Ryan when you and your friends were teasing around about the "casting." I didn't start this fire!!!!!!! Sorry you've had a heart attack also. And it's easier SAID than done as far as keeping the stress level down, especially when it comes to the attorney in me that can't just stand outside this fire and let the Exhibit A's and such be known to the world!

Now, if I had even phathomed that I had an episode like the author of Ripples had, I sure wouldn't hurt Garth by making a book about it.
Just so ya know, I was an attorney...and am REALLY thinking about being one in this PRESENT life that I was given as a gift from God.

Amy

Lowland_Kid
04-24-2001, 12:17 PM
Don't worry Diane, not all Garth's fans go to his concerts with a video camera in their pocket... ;)

Marjolijn

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 12:20 PM
Diane,

I gotta back Jenny up with one thing here..

She would NOT need to get the permission from fans that was also shot with the concert footage.. (I think she's talking about using shots from Central Park.. and NBC Specials, stuff that Garth and HBO and NBC had taped).. with those concerts.. when you buy a ticket for the show.. you are releasing any and ALL legalities, to having your photo video'd and that Garth/NBC/HBO could use your "Photo" how they deem to do so. (within reason and taste.)

Jenny would have to get Permission from GB Management, and NBC and HBO.. for the use of the concert footage. (Not the fans.)

Jason

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 12:26 PM
Jason...
thanks for all the legal information...
but I doubt HBO or GBManagement would release that concert footage to be used on a movie without Garth's permission.

And Lawyer Amy...why didn't you know that???? :eek:
Stick around...I may have to hire you! :p

-Diane

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 12:27 PM
oh Yeah Diane.. I forgot to tell ya something......

Remember that pet I had 777 yars ago...

well I named her "Meg" :)

HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHA get it?

"Meg-----RYAN" :)

*runs*
Jason

AZamy77
04-24-2001, 12:32 PM
And another thing, I DID say that I would have NEVER printed that article if this topic hadn't come up - before I wrote it. It's PROOF. It shows the confusion that has already begun, thank you very much!

I'd like to say "Case closed" here but unfortunately I think it'll be awhile.....

**Cuz you've got to be tough when consumed by desire, cuz it's not enough just to stand outside the fire!******

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 12:34 PM
Ok Jason...
now your hallucinating!!!

my pet lizard...
well his name was ....
Garth! :P

LOL...
hey...maybe we're ready for the funny farm...
latest news...my pet rat from London...
released an article about "mental institutions"...and how their so overcrowded over there...now their letting them run around in public places...LOL :eek:

-Diane (Meg) hehehe

SueMc
04-24-2001, 12:42 PM
Diane said "Sue...You know...out of all the negative things said about Jenny's movie and book... why is it that you seem to dwell upon mine and Jason's opinions only??? "

Ah Diane, well, you will have to go back and read the whole thread and then you will know that I have spoken to those who I have questions for. Some I have passed by, but it is no offence to them, they are the ones who have just given an opinion without claiming to know how Garth feels, etc. I also spoke to those who had questions for me - and you were one. If I have ignored anyone I apologise now. It's a job to keep pace.

Amy, yes you are right, easier said than done.
Take it easy.

I guess some questions will have to go unanswered, and anyone reading this will have to form their own conclusions.

Enjoy being an invisible person going to an invisible movie, or not as it pleases you.
Sue

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 12:58 PM
Sue...
If you didn't expect me to read your mind...and all the hidden stuff you think...but don't type up for me to read...how do I know what your talking about!
I don't read minds!
Invisible person? Invisible Movie?
what's that suppose to mean?

If the movie is made...and it has nothing to do with Garth...that's one thing...I don't care...but if Garth is mentioned in it as being Ryan...or anyone else...or causes him problems in anyway...then I won't be invisible...I'll be outside the movie theater with a picket sign in my hand!

think of Garth's little children...what if Taylor comes here and reads about this stuff?
What if she has to see that someone is claiming to be her dad's lover in a past life?
What is that going to do to her?
I don't want to think about it! then I will be angry if it hurts them or Garth in anyway!

This thread should be removed...before that happens...

-Diane

nelty
04-24-2001, 01:05 PM
I guess Garth has at time commented about the book to someone or even in public. It would be sad to continue the idea if Garth don't even like it.

The idea was/is "forcing" us to believe that Garth was Ryan and that Jenny's past person was Garth's, I mean Ryan's wife.

She is using the word Garth Brooks, and trying to relate anything and everything that Garth's doing to "herself" or past self and Ryan.

That's not the way things works. We are talking about another human being here, just because he's famous doesn't give us the right or permission to just do it. And make a career out of it.

Like Jason said, Jenny IS using Garth to "sell" the book and it is AN image of Garth. In the moment that she met Garth and gave it to him, she did say that the book is about him.

The idea is just a little crazy, it's NOT fictional, like Chris Gaines. She's saying that this idea of hers is true.

ok.. I'm beginning to just blahing here...

Nelly

Lowland_Kid
04-24-2001, 01:05 PM
Jason,

Just to clarify:

The company that will be making the movie (and not Jenny personally, as we have been saying on this thread) only has to get the permission from (and probably pay for it too) a broadcasting company (like BBC in the UK) that has broadcasted the concert before, to use footage of a Garth concert in the movie.
They won't need to go to GBM directly.

Marjolijn

minnesotagbfan
04-24-2001, 01:07 PM
*time for a commercial break*

ummm .. hi.... since i have heard about this from a couple of people.. hi guys .. i can see ya there!!

and to all of you people who have started posting to forums because of this thread..

welcome to pg.. :rolleyes:

now if you will excuse me ....i will go back into "i have been run off of pg because how i feel" corner

:p

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 01:16 PM
Marj, (sorry I getting tired of typing.)

If Part of the copyrights to the footage is owned by GB Management.. YES Jenny's film company also has to goto GBM and receive (and pay dearly for) rights to use the footage.

If she uses footage and SOUND (ie. you can hear music from the concert) she definately has to receive rights from Garth's Management. As the songs are copyrighted ;)

Jason

gbchick
04-24-2001, 01:46 PM
Yes Jason--I'm not too far from ya...I was born in Pittsburgh and also go to school at Pitt so I'm not too far from ya.
Amy---I'm glad you enjoyed my post...I'm sorry to say I doubt that this one will live up to those expectations.

Ok--I'm sorry for this...I really am...I've tried to be professional about this whole thing but after some of the comments I've read I just have to say some things. Please excuse my bluntness:

I just want to say that being as that I'm a journalism major and aspiring writer...this person is giving me hope...It looks like they'll let anyone write a book nowadays. From what I hear the book was poorly written (yes I know hearsay) however when as many people say it jumps around that have, I have to tend to believe that it possibly is poorly written. Here is my question...what experience does she have???
So I just want you to know that in my past life I was married to George Strait....my book will be out soon...LOL!!!!!!

I'm sorry that was wrong...but I had to say it!
But that is basically what is going on here. Anyone can say they were with someone in a past life. There's no truth in it.
Personally, I believe that this book is no different from a tabloid.
I don't appreciate that Garth's children could see or hear about this and not understand that it's someones imagination gona awry. It could really hurt his children.

I am not going to attempt to assume I know what Garth is thinking about this but to be honest the book is not that well-known among people that aren't Garth fans so maybe right now it's just harmless. But if the movie begins production then we'll see what happens. I said all I need to say regarding that.

Sorry for my unprofessionalism.
Amber

phillyfan77
04-24-2001, 01:48 PM
Sorry for the intrusion, I just wanted to jump in real quick and say that I have no interest in seeing this movie, or in reading the book.

I was intrigued at one time when the book first came out, partly because I am curious about the possibility of reincarnation, but I have since been told that Garth has said that he does not look favorably on this project, to put it nicely. :) So if Garth isn't cool with it, then that's good enough for me.

Please continue the discussion, I just didn't want to be "invisible" any more. (Has anyone thought about making a screenplay out of this thread? Now THAT I would pay to see!) :p

Jim :)

nelty
04-24-2001, 01:50 PM
HEY:o

The site has been changes since I found it:eek: when I started this thread.

Why did Jenny take out all the stuff about the movie just when we are trying to prove it to the others?

I guess she got scared and changed it to show that we are lying. :rolleyes: What a shame.

Nelly's shaking her head:)

Nelly

Wendi5000
04-24-2001, 01:56 PM
I fully respect the opinions represented here. However, in my opinion, there seems to be a lot of hypocrisy going on here. In my opinion many of the things being complained about have been done by the people doing the complaining. :rolleyes:

Wendi5000
04-24-2001, 01:58 PM
Has anyone thought about making a screenplay out of this thread? Now THAT I would pay to see!) I'm with you on that! :D

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 02:05 PM
LOL Wendi.. me too..

I want the royalties too since I'm in it :p

Jason

Lowland_Kid
04-24-2001, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the info Jason, I appreciate you could fill me in completely here. :)

Hi Amber,
I can only say: read the book.
I think it is rediculous to form an opinion because some people are not able to keep their attention focused and lose the story line of the book.:mad:

It is true that it jumps back and forth in time, but that doesn't mean that it was badly written. It makes it more clear what was happening to Jenny at that time. And every writer has to publish his/her first book at one stage. Are all their books badly written because they had no experience?! (Yeah, right!)

And Jim:
Nobody seems to be willing to come forward and say what Garth said about the book. So how do we know how he feels about it (be it negative or positive or totally neutral)?

Marjolijn

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 02:12 PM
Awwwwww! there's my little Garth lizard again!
I think in this life...I'll call you Chris! :p

-the invisible woman (aka Meg):eek:

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 02:13 PM
Nobody seems to be willing to come forward and say what Garth said about the book. So how do we know how he feels about it (be it negative or positive or totally neutral)? because that isn't for "us" to say. ya know? ;)

Jason

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 02:16 PM
Awwwwww! there's my little Garth lizard again!
I think in this life...I'll call you Chris! :p

-the invisible woman (aka Meg):eek: ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

too funny!

--The invisible man
Jason (aka Chris):p

phillyfan77
04-24-2001, 02:27 PM
Nobody seems to be willing to come forward and say what Garth said about the book. So how do we know how he feels about it (be it negative or positive or totally neutral)?

Marjolijn,

Like Jason said, it's not for us to say.

However, I think that it is safe to say that it is NEGATIVE and leave it at that. If you think about it, you will understand why there has been no response.

Lowell Miller
04-24-2001, 02:52 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: WoW! All this makes my head spin!:eek: :eek: :eek: But, one thing we all agree on is none of us want anything Garth doesn't approve of. :cool: OK.......That's covered lets take about the new CD! :p

phillyfan77
04-24-2001, 02:58 PM
That's a good idea! :D LOL

Has anyone heard anything at all about the new CD?

The last thing that I heard was a couple of weeks ago when Victoria Shaw was interviewed on the radio. She said she had just talked to Garth and that he has recorded 3 or 4 songs already. She also said that they wrote one song together last month, and they have another in the works. If those songs are anything like the previous ones that they wrote together, they should be awesome!

SueMc
04-24-2001, 03:04 PM
Hello Diane,
Invisible means not there in reality. Regarding the subject of this thread, there is no movie to watch as yet. If the film is invisible, ie not there, then so are the people! You can't actually go, or not go, to a movie that does not exist! :p

Isn't it funny, we both speak English, and yet misunderstandings keep arising.

Sue

Who is not, and never has been Jenny - as you once thought - maybe still do. Jason will put you right on that, and I am so glad you two have got over your little spat of a month or so ago.
;)

Lowland_Kid
04-24-2001, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I cannot wait for this CD to come out! :)

Thanks Lowell, I needed that :)

Marjolijn

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 03:25 PM
Invisible means not there in reality. Regarding the subject of this thread, there is no movie to watch as yet. If the film is invisible, ie not there, then so are the people! You can't actually go, or not go, to a movie that does not exist. Sue.. ummm Jenny already had it on her site the movie was in the works. The Soundtrack was being worked on.

All the proof I need to knwo the movie is forth-coming.

Jason

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 03:31 PM
Who is not, and never has been Jenny - as you once thought - maybe still do. Jason will put you right on that, and I am so glad you two have got over your little spat of a month or so ago.

Sue...I just knew you were going to bring that up...your always so good at bringing things up from the past when people have moved on with their lives and made ammends...:)
The past must be a fascinating subject for you...since you dwell there so much...were you Jenny's sidekick 350 years ago too? or is that in this lifetime only? :p

Jason and I have moved on since then...seems you may be a bit envious of that...I know how much the negative threads have been used in the past to exploit your anger toward people that disagree with you and Jenny....I have all the posts saved
if the need be...for future reference...:eek:

And Sue, this is all you said before:

Enjoy being an invisible person going to an invisible movie, or not as it pleases you.

But You expect me to see this out of that one sentence? Yes, I speak English...but you must be typing invisible letters...because the above sentence doesn't say what the below paragraph says! Please, you expect me to read your mind?

Hello Diane,
Invisible means not there in reality. Regarding the subject of this thread, there is no movie to watch as yet. If the film is invisible, ie not there, then so are the people! You can't actually go, or not go, to a movie that does not exist!

Isn't it funny, we both speak English, and yet misunderstandings keep arising.

Just face it...you just want to pic on me because I posted an opinion you didn't like...it's always been that way...right from the start...
Even in this thread if you go back and read...you've addressed me several times...but not the others....just why is that Sue?

now back to the topic....

The movie topic is causing confusion for the fans of Garth...imagine how much confusion it can cause for the people that would've been fans of Garth...and they may not give the music a chance if they think he has something to do with it...especially if his concert footage is used in it!
It's his children and his happiness that is what I'm worried about more so...
But maybe Garth will put a halt to the movie before it's even made!

-Diane

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 03:37 PM
Diane,

and to think I was trying SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hard to ignore that comment :p

Thanks.

LOL
*runs*

Jason

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 03:46 PM
LOL Jason! :D

Anyway Sue...we come from the same litter...in this lifetime that is!

We have the same MommaMutt! :p

And you know...family sticks together... blood is thicker then water...spats happen, but they're soon forgotten! So, don't be pickin' on my bro anymore! :p

:mad: grrrrrrrrr!

sasteen
04-24-2001, 04:06 PM
Jason,

When people quote the first ammendment and talk about sueing and who has what rights.......to me, that is legalitites, as I know them

Cheryl
04-24-2001, 04:07 PM
ROFLMAO! Diane, Jason.....I gotta say....you guys crack me up! :)

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 04:17 PM
Jim...
thanks for contributing the following information...and answering that question...
this helps me to understand that Garth would probably get involved anyway if a movie is made having anything to do with him in it...so, I won't worry about that anymore...:)

I was intrigued at one time when the book first came out, partly because I am curious about the possibility of reincarnation, but I have since been told that Garth has said that he does not look favorably on this project, to put it nicely. So if Garth isn't cool with it, then that's good enough for me.

To this question asked:
"Nobody seems to be willing to come forward and say what Garth said about the book. So how do we know how he feels about it (be it negative or positive or totally neutral)?"

However, I think that it is safe to say that it is NEGATIVE and leave it at that. If you think about it, you will understand why there has been no response.

OK...I'm going...I've posted enough on this topic....when all the evidence I needed can be found in the above paragraphs.

Jim...weren't you a former bodyguard of Garth's in Florida during Spring Training with the Mets?
Is that how you came about this information?
No need to share if you don't want to...ok? :)

-Diane :p :eek: :)

sasteen
04-24-2001, 04:24 PM
I am really appalled at all of the "making fun" and cheap shots directed towards someones hard work (true,false,fiction, non fiction)......does it matter? I thought the majority of us were adults on here.

To my knowledege, there is no contract yet so what are we basing this whole disrupption on? Friends are being lost and feelings are getting hurt..........is that what Planet Garth is now?

I can not believe that these are the same kind, sweet, whole hearted people that I thought I knew, its like.......all the claws came out for the cat fight. I have been reading and following alot of what you all have said and have thoroghly enjoyed all of the posts on other threads.

Since noone seems to think that this thread is stepping way out of bounds, I am removing myself from it. I honestly can't take listening to this bickering anymore.

Its gone way beyond "discussion".

PS: Noone can force me to believe anything about Garth, whether it be from a book, or a movie or a rag magazine.

Shelly Pa

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 04:45 PM
Okay with Shelly's post it's recap time..

[list=a]
a book was made called "Ripples" about a past life with the author being a lover of a past life of a person called "Garth Brooks"; whom the author called "Ryan Fitzgerald."
The author has a website.. who's link is posted on page 3
on that website she was quoted as saying the movie is a go
also on that website was a direct quote citing that the soundtrack is almost completed.
with that information means the movie is a "Go" and will be done.
Also on that website is all the quotes Nelly used in the 1st post of this thread. (About Garth Brooks, and Chris Gaines.)
with that information we can safely say this movie *is* about Garth Brooks (and so is the book.)
With this thread (now on it's 171st post) I have not lost any friends because of their view on this issue.
(Actually ... I don't see where you see that friends have become lost. After all Sue and I know this is a discussion only.. and we still "like each other" even through the end of this thread.)
So I feel some people are generalizing a lot more then there actually is on this thread.
there is laughter.. there is sadness.. there is disagreement..and agreement. Guess what? it's all apart of life.
which to me means this ---> PG Brings us to "life" baby!
which also means ------> PG is "Alive"
That's all :)
[/list=a]

Jason :)
edited for spelling (as always)

countyfair_85
04-24-2001, 04:56 PM
I apologize to anyone I have offended during this conversation...
I never want to see people hurt in anyway...I love all mankind...and I will still say a prayer for all of you like I always do everynight...and that includes everyone.

I also don't want to see Garth hurt in anyway or his family...I know most of us here don't want that either.

I hope you could see the light-hearted way I posted...I don't hold grudges and I forgive easily...only wishing that I could be forgiven just as quickly...

Jason..it's been fun...still glad I found you after all these years! :p
Maybe next lifetime we can be "Smiley-faces"...LOL
and to those that find no humor in that...I'm only joking among ourselves here! :eek:

have a good day!
-Diane :D :) :p :eek:

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 05:02 PM
Jason..it's been fun...still glad I found you after all these years! :p
Maybe next lifetime we can be "Smiley-faces"...LOL awwwwwwwww man!!!!!!!!!

I gotta wait another 777 years... well as Garth would say..

There's a ship out...
On the ocean..
At the mercy of the sea...

LOL :)

:p:p:p:p
Jason

Snow
04-24-2001, 05:08 PM
I hope that wasn't directed at me Snow, because I am not attacking Jason. We are having a discussion
No, it wasn't. It had to do with the post made by the 'new member' Carosel regarding Jason. That was what was off topic. I can agree that trying to figure out if the movie is mentioned on Jenny's website or not IS on-topic. :)

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 05:16 PM
I can agree that trying to figure out if the movie is mentioned on Jenny's website or not IS on-topic.
You don't have to try.. Jenny updated her site the day after I posted the quote..

One thing I love about Netscape is it tells when a site was "Modified" ;)

And since her "Modification" the day after I posted the quote... there is no mention of the movie at all on her site. But that's okay.. it's in my Temp files at home I got proof .. just have to get home first to get it outta my temps :):):)

hehe
Jason

nelty
04-24-2001, 05:23 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG....

:eek::eek::eek:

The press will have a field day with this. :eek: Can you even imagine?

POOR GARTH Another problem that he has to deal with.

Oh my oh my oh my..... oh my gosh oh my gosh....

Nelly

Snow
04-24-2001, 05:26 PM
Ok Jason... hope you can find it then. :)

I just wanted Sue to know that what I posted about stuff being off-topic didn't have to do with the movie part... it had to do with that other thing.

kristen166
04-24-2001, 05:43 PM
Wow there is 177 posts on this whole thread. :eek:

If I had 177 bucks I could buy a pair of Nike Air Jordans. :rolleyes:

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 05:48 PM
If I had 177 bucks I could buy a pair of Nike Air Jordans hmmm I bought mine for 125.00 Dang Kristen.. did the price go up that much????????? LOL

Jason

nelty
04-24-2001, 05:52 PM
Hey Jason...

Lori's kid got his for $115.00US.. :p

Nelly

Chris Gaines
04-24-2001, 05:56 PM
SO Nelly?

The cost of living is cheaper in WA.. what ya expect..

it rains so much here.. he'd never play outsie anyways :p

*runs*

LOLOL
Jason

nelty
04-24-2001, 06:09 PM
Jason,

it don't RAIN everyday.... :p

Nelly

PlanetGarth.com
04-24-2001, 06:31 PM
Enough

This topic would just keep going on and on if we let it. Most of you tried to have an intelligent discussion regarding this book, and I applaud that. Especially since this topic is such a controversial one around here.

Due to the fact that this thread can't stay on topic, it is now closed.

I am really appalled at all of the "making fun" and cheap shots directed towards someones hard work (true,false,fiction, non fiction)......does it matter? I thought the majority of us were adults on here.
I can't help but be a little disappointed in some of the members here, even our more respected ones. Regardless of what you may think of Ripples or it's author, even if your feelings represent the overwhelming majority, there is no need for adults to act so childish.